Reviews for Resting With Me
randomwriting chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
That was sweet! I like the way you portrayed how sometimes life gets in the way and two lovers end up as ships passing in the night with neither knowing how to work through their predicament and get back on track. I liked seeing Tim in love and willing to do whatever was necessary to work things out.

This was my favorite passage - it set up the tension between them nicely.

“It’s going,” Pam remarked stonily, sighing hard. The air was heavy of anticipation, words that needed to be said lingering in limbo. Speed waited for her to finish, tilting his head towards her, narrowing his eyes. The unmistakable feeling of a pulsing headache was making its appearance as he closed in the gap between them. Pam broke her gaze on the grass, turning to him, her eyes full of hurt. He took in a breath as his shoulders sagged, the full brunt of their recent fight coming back to the forefront.

Love the tie-in to the infamous "Pam, again?" ep.

Nicely done, very enjoyable.
Barbara O'Brien chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I really like the story it shows and another element to Tim and his relationship with Pam.. it was a great story will there be other Tim/Pam stories?
SincerelyInDenial chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
An unusual pairing - what a breath of fresh air! I truly enjoyed reading this story... we never getting the chance to know Pam, so while you did get to use your creative license, you painted her as a flawed, normal person. And as the result, the relationship seemed genuine, despite its troubles.

My fave part:

“I’m here, and Pam. Always will be.”

“Good,” she breathed out, “because I can’t be without you, Tim.”

It was just so poignant and sweet. It made my heart melt.

Great job!
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Very nice, Anni. Not the pairing I was expecting, but that's okay b/c this was a refreshing change of pace. I really liked how you tied in the comment from Bunk.

I especially liked how Tim thought he was putting everything into the relationship, and Pam was the one pulling away, while Pam thought that she had been trying to get Tim's attention and he never listened to her. Likely, it was a combination of the two.

This was my favorite part:

“A better way to have done it, babe, was to just come out and say it,” Speed responded with a slight smirk. “We could’ve avoided all of this.” Pam sighed heavily and dropped her sights, only for him to gently lift her head, “I’m here, and Pam. Always will be.”

“Good,” she breathed out, “because I can’t be without you, Tim.”

Glad they were able to work through the issue. And finally, I loved the opening scene of Tim on the Duc..that's always a pleasure to read!

Great job!