Reviews for Lying is the most fun
levysbookshelf chapter 21 . 9/12
I love this but I really want to see Sakura's reaction.
The only reason I read this fic is because it was complete and had over 200 reviews. With that many reviews, I thought it would be a good fic. It wasn't.

I never ended up liking Naruto in this story. He was especially gross in the beginning of the fic because of the way he slept around. All he cared about was using other people for sex. He didn't like Sasuke at all. He just wanted to fuck him because he was the only guy in their grade he'd never done it with. That was a bad start to the romance, in my opinion.

There was no point in the story where I believed Naruto genuinely started liking Sasuke for himself. They had sex and then all of the sudden Naruto was getting shy around him and asking him on dates. Naruto just suddenly fell for Sasuke and the story expected us to accept it without showing the necessary character development first.

Before they'd fucked, Naruto didn't actually like Sasuke, he only wanted sex. After they were done, he left Sasuke alone and naked on the floor of their practice room and Itachi had to carry him to his bedroom. At that point, the FAR MORE believable plot twist would have been if Naruto had simply tired of Sasuke the way he did with all of his other fucks, yet you wrote it the opposite. There wasn't enough character development for Naruto falling in love with Sasuke at that point to seem credible.

I also disliked Naruto suddenly trying to kill himself over Sasuke at the very end. Oh my god could you have gotten any more emo and overwrought? At the time of the breakup, NaruSasu had barely gotten off the ground as a pairing, yet Naruto was acting like he'd just lost his husband of 40 years.

Besides being a tacky plot twist, having Naruto get depressed and act like a kicked puppy was a manipulative way to force readers to feel sorry for him and take his side despite how gross he'd been for 75% of the fanfic. I can see in the comments a lot of readers were angry at Sasuke for hurting poor little Naruto, but Sasuke had all the reasons in the world to mistrust Naruto. If you'd written it a little more fairly, we should have been feeling sorry for both of them and not just Naruto.

Ultimately, I didn't like Naruto very much in this story. Why is it fair that a person who not only slept with all of his male classmates, but who also spent most of his high school years acting like a sex-crazed user gets to end up with the one boy in the school everyone else wants? What did Naruto do to deserve having such good luck? I liked Sasuke dumping him because as Naruto said, he was finally experiencing some of the heartbreak he'd caused other people. But instead of continuing to use his heartbreak as a learning experience and developing Naruto as a character, the fic instead went into "pity Naruto" mode. I think if Naruto had actually learned something by the end, I might have liked him better.

It's unfortunate that Naruto was the MC and Gaara was the villain because, if you'd written the fic from Gaara's POV, I think Naruto would have come across as the villain. Gaara was just trying to get the person he loved to stay away from a boy who is a selfish user. He also wanted to have Sasuke for himself after loving him from afar for a long time. What is wrong with that? But since another pairing was supposed to win, Gaara was made to look like the bad guy, while Naruto's flaws were basically overlooked.
Masterjen chapter 21 . 8/24/2015
Cue the waterfall. Great story nothing i have to criticize.
littlecupcakexd chapter 20 . 6/21/2014
Okay... I know this will sound like a hater and all but sit with me through this. I usually NEVER write reviews even if the story is really bad cuz the author is trying to their best and u noe u have to have some respect if u can't write a decent story urself... But I just got frustrated at this chapter because I feel like Naruto forgave Sasuke too easily for all that crap Sasuke did to Naruto! GAAAAAAAAAH! So yeah, I know this sounds really dark but I thought Sasuke should have been more hurt and shunned by the public (like for causing Naruto's death or something)... That's all for my rant...

mirrorimage33 chapter 21 . 4/5/2014
I'll tell you have the BEST taste in Music - like ever! But I really wish there was a chapter where they make up and yelling match between them. It was really good though!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
I hate all this "Naruto's POV," "Sasuke's POV," "3rd Person POV" stuff. Four point of view changes in one short chapter is excessive. Pick a point of view and stick with it. Aside from that, the POV tags in and of themselves are annoying because they throw me out of the story every time I see one. I actually quit reading the chapter because of them. Unable to finish the fist chapter, I went and skimmed a couple of other chapters to see if this fic is for me. It doesn't seem like it is, so we will part ways here. However, if it weren't for the POV issues, I might have been willing to give the fic a chance. I'm not leaving you this comment to be harsh, but so you will know what is a turn-off for potential readers, especially when it comes to the all-important first chapter. With a better hook, I might have stuck it out.
cary99 chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Loved it
xDreamers chapter 4 . 9/29/2013
It's kinda weird that everyone's gay...
secretninja456 chapter 21 . 7/19/2013
*Choked up with emotion by how sweet the epilogue was and hopes you make many more like this pulls self together long enough to utter* keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 20 . 7/19/2013
Thank god Naruto is alright and I'll admit I felt like crying from the pure joy of the lemon scene just because they were making love for the first time *bursts into fan girlish weeping* I hope to see more like this from you keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 19 . 7/19/2013
Please Naruto please be alright and Sasuke *disgusted scoff* I can't even look at you right no keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 18 . 7/19/2013
Oooh Naruto is being the Itachi in this situation a little XD keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 17 . 7/19/2013
Even Itachi believed Naruto I officially hate Gaara until this story is over and I've got a whole army of angry fan girls to back me up! keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 16 . 7/19/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE ANGST THE DRAMA MY HEART CONDITION! *dies but the afterlife is the next chapter* keep up the good work:)!
secretninja456 chapter 15 . 7/19/2013
Oh god Itachi gave me a heart palpitations *dies of fan fiction related death* *Is revived by the promise of drama but is also dreading it* keep up the good work:)!