Reviews for If the Masks
not to be named chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
i understand this so much...i have a dad who..well we disagreed on a lot of stuff when i was smaller...and ive never really fit in in school...even people i dont like...the thingd they say cut deaply...i took a razor to my legs...still do..its getting harder to hide tho...and your right...scars dont fade..
timme chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
don't believe in praying for it, but i do agree with the message. it is better to help someone despite themselves not "wanting" it. forget free will, sometimes they're simply not in a position to make that decision for themselves. better them hating you and being okay, than not.

i hope you and your sibling will be okay. just remember, don't, never assume that they are "too far gone". it's cliched, but where there's life, there's hope. and a sibling bond is not one you can sever whatever you do, even if you don't like them. have faith in yourself, yeah?
fatum chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I am sorry for you and your brother, if it helps, I know how you feel. my brother was a drug addict in his youth, and is a cronically suicidal, he has been getting better, but the worry never stops. and a very god friend of mine is just like leo, first the drinking, then the cutting and then drugs. I think she was very close to hating me forever, and my heart was nearly crushed, but I think we maybe pulled through, altough our relationship will never be the same again. I know how hard it is, and I wish you and your brother the best of luck and all the strength in the world, you and many others will be in my prayers
Ninjagirl27 chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I wish I could say something helpful, but I'm simply too young and too protected to understand. I will be praying though. As for the writing, it conveyed a lot of emotion and actually got me to fell those emotions. You manged to get me to fell Leo's anger radiating, Mikey's worry too. Anyways, I'll be praying. hope everything gets better. God Bless you.
Burakku's Shadow chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
I've had no such problems with any of my siblings, relatives of anything of the sort. yet I understand. I guess it has something to do with the power my dad says I have, or something like that...

Well, okay. I lied up there. I have one friend (okay...more than one) that I think may be having problems. One friend (LoboWolf) likes to go out late and she usually comes to school in a foul mood, not to mention reeking with something disgustingly pungeant... Another friend (Jerico) had gotten himself addicted to the drugs that his father brings home every night...I broke up with him after about two years. Another friend (CR), though I have no proof of it, is certain to go down that road. She's been hanging around this man (I'd love to say it was a boy, except...well, he's 23 years old) that everyone else seems to think of as "bad influence for a 17-year-old girl". Frankly, I believe them. yet another friend (Asheley), again with no proof, is probably in trouble. She's been hanging around Jerico and I'm afraid she may have picked up on his addictions. And...another friend (JTE) has pretty much the same problem as Jerico (I'd think they'd have the same problems if they were best friends...except now I've convinced him to hang with other friends), though he's improved. the world...did I become friends with any of them...?

At least I had the nerve to break-up with Jerico.

Anyway...hope you're brother finds some solution...What the hell! He should die. I don't mean to be heartless, cruel or anything like that, but...if he's THAT into his addiction, there's no hope for him. He's better off dead. I'm sure you agree with me, though resentment is surely to follow quickly after. IF he asks for help (which really doesn't seem likely for him), give him the smallest advice possible (MY advice would be to kill himself, but you give him a piece of your own).

man...why must life have so much conflict and termoil? I guess, without pain and suffering, there would be no apreciation for happiness and joy, that we can truly enjoy the enlightenments of the world.

But all this is just me. You do what you must, but there's really not much you CAN do.

~Burakku's Shadow/Manjoume-Enchantress

PS: All those names up there? None of them are their real names except for the initials. Also: "Burakku" means "Dark" in Japanese, so expect my advice to be dark and, in certain cases, cruel.
Darkest Moon chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
This story really touched me. I'm sorry to hear about your problem and i'll pray for you and your sibling.
moogsthewriter chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Wow. Oh, wow. This... was incredible. Amazing. It... left me speechless for awhile. Your ending notes were so... touching. Thanks for sharing this. I'll definitely be praying for both you and your sibling. Hang in there!

Ted chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I'll pray to God for you.
ashdemon chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Wow. That's harsh and I'm sorry about your brother. There is nothing you can do now if he's gone so far. This is his path to take now and no one can help him down the dark path he's walking. Just be there for him when he asked for help and let him go on the path he's on. That's all I can say for you and your brother. Sorry I can't do much more than say that.
Artemisdesari chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
My baby sister had one foot in Leo's place after my parents divorced, fortunately we talked about it and got through it. and one of my dearest friends is still in that place. I've done all I can and I know how it feels. This fic really made me feel the worry and fear I haven't in a long time and because of it I called my friend and found out that she is on the road to recovery at long last. Thank you for writing something that gave me that strength to do what I feared to. I hope that things in your world get better.

Skye Crystal chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I can't pray... But I wish you all the courage that you can have.

Your text touched me, really much. I had my best friend who had the same problem than Leo (not about drink, but ... razor stuff)

She said the same things. Until the day she went too far. Luckily, she could go to the hospital in time, but with tht event, I decided to oblige her to speak, even with conflict, hard conflict.

She continues to do that, but we speak now a lot. She knows she has a problem and try her best to go away from it. I'm sure we can achieve one day...

Even if I do the same thing some months ago. It was... weird.I couldn't think with any reason. But when the razor touched my skin, I suddenly totally stop. But now I know. I know how it feel from the both sides, I understand the reasons.

We can deal with it... It's never too late.

I just cn say one thing. Don't worry about your relationship now. She (or he?) will go to hate you, certainly, but it's one of the step of the cure... All will be fine... Take courage. *hug to you*
Water chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I'm crying, simpily crying.