Reviews for Chiming of the Dawn
Complementary Colours chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
This is a beautiful story. Honestly.

You made a great use of the photo and clicked it in a way that it could all have fit in together.

The characterizations are great- not overly done in the least. I really loved how Matt and Near though in totally different status and and little similarity between could understand each other to the fact that they both found themselves feeling something towards someone whom obviously both would rather not have felt that way to. And so I love the way you didn't use the word love. But rather Matt said: "It's our fault, though, for falling for someone like him."

Because in their situation it really would feel like they were falling; something rather unpleasant which happens, potentially does damage and is unpreventable. Something that Mello of all people could most likely cause.

The empathy and sympathy towards each other and their willingness to cooperate because they would know why the other was in their position now just gives you such a warm yet cool feeling. Both of them feel for him but they wouldn't block the other from trying to proceed since in the end what mattered was Mello anyway.

You really see how Mello is important; the heart whether he means to or not. And how Mello after both would give up so much for him doesn't exchange said feelings for both of them.

This piece has so much feeling buried inside it. My eyes went wet for an instant...

Absolutely beautiful ~
caveat lector chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Oh. My. God... This was so sad, I almost started to cry.. Really beautiful. My only complain is that you should have made it longer, though, because I'd LOVE to read a longer version of this!
SpookyMoose chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Very nice. It's kind of rare to see dialogue between these two, but I think you wrote it well. Tying the photograph in was a nice touch, and I especially like the title and ending line.
aoh chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
good idea, really, thata a take on the three ive nver seen before. and the picture, too.
chocolate-pillow chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
o_O

i love you...

XD but seriously, i lovey this ficc! its so cute and it releases an empty melacholy aura :]

thnx for making my day
kamazoth chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
aw~!

I luffles this story, although there are a few bits that confuse me, and some cut-off sentences.

Just grammar-y things that need a touch up.

*huggles*

But all in all, I like the tone of this story, can't wait to read more.