Reviews for An ocean of ashes
GoldenElysion chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
OMG SO hunting , so SAd !
DavisJes chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Good but pick either the civilian name or Senshi name. Do not need to put the other name in ().
mystic soilder chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
A terribly tragic story! It was still beautiful though!
Counterfeiting Shakespeare chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Uhm..wow.

I am at lost for words...This is beautiful. No constructive criticism coz I'm afraid you would take it to heart, edit the story and destroy it in the process. And I'm first reviewer? No one reviewed this yet?

How is that?

I've been reading all your story (since you posted them all at the same time) but this was the only one that compelled me to review.

Simply stunning.

This part gave me the chills:

"She looked at her guards and saw, for the first time, how her young looking friends, despite their youthful skins and youthful bodies, all looked as if their small physical forms housed something large, ancient, grave and sad. It was as if they were spilling with something, an unspoken history and too many old emotions that never quite died. They seemed like statues that echoed a past that was gone, statues that were strong but made of stone and said nothing of the sufferings they endured. They seemed... unmoving and nostalgic and grand and somehow, dead despite of its eternity. Serenity had not really acknowledged this, not until now, though she had always known, in the back of her mind, that they were all different than the girls they started out as, different than the citizens that lived and then died but giving birth to more life in that short span of life, never having to suffer again and again the same slight of hand dealt by Death to all but them.

A thousand years ago, Venus would not have had the ability to have written that speech. Now she gives it with confidence and brilliance, using her haunting, lilting voice that would have been better suited singing idol-songs and promoting tooth-pastes. Minako would not have been able to do this, but then Venus was not that Minako, so it was useless to think of them as the same person."

GORGEOUS!