Reviews for The Decoding
Guest chapter 3 . 3/26/2015
Hey.
Im avivfe, the guy who reviewed and talked about too much focus on a character.
My username is avivfe, id love it if you'd pm me, though you really don't have to.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/26/2015
Im getting a bit disappointed as it seems that Draco is the only character in the fanfic.
Bill ans Ginny make guest appearances but this is simply a bad thing in my opinion.
I have been hoping that you let other character actually do something, but it simply didn't come.
I am simply frustrated because its naively Written.
A single hero is too much focus, and i feel that the words "main character" and "protagonist", were taken way too far.
I do like your writing and your characters and their development.
I love your description of fights and magic.
But its hard to carry me on with just one character actually existing in the world.
I very much enjoy reading your Fanfiction.
I simply wanted you to know my opinion.
Amanda chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
I have followed this series for ... well years ... and you are beyond amazing. Every new chapter makes me cry "this is the best chapter yet!". In truth ... this is the best chapter ever ... Lucius is spot on. I can just see him casting avada with a bored expression on his face ... love it!
Guest chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
Wow. I'm in awe of your writing skills. Just wow. I'm in love with your story. Just wow. I cannot actually articulate the extent of my awe and adoration for this story. I'm on the edge of my seat!
Makimashi Misao F.D.S.S.L.A chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
Yayyyyyyyy (I cant'n belive this but) Lucius (badass) is aliveeeeeeee yayyyyy I'm really happy that claire is dead ( the bitchhhhh) and that Ginny will not keep that scars ohhh please continueeeeee
graynavarre chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
Oh, there were so many good things in this chapter. Draco was a force to be reckoned with and the Wesleys are still clueless as to the power and brilliance of the middle son. Percy will rule the wizarding world someday only no one will know that it is him (except for a gensius white haired man and his red haired wife).

Lucius - what can be said about the glory that is Lucius? He comes to the rescue, kills an irritant, teaches a lion exactly how an execution (nay, not an execution - just ridding himself of a bug) and gets the damsel to safety.

Loved it, loved it and looking forward to more.
karigrace chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
Good chapter! I'm glad someone is at least attempting to set the Weasleys straight about Percy. I was honestly surprised that Ginny got out that quickly and the abrupt end of Claire. That said, I'm looking forward to what happens with Lucius and with Voldemort now that Claire is gone. Looking forward to the next chapter!
xoxlollipopxox chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
holy shit. he's alive :DDDD
you have no idea how excited i am. i didn't really mind lucius dying... but now that he's back this is just so cool!
i'm glad ginny was able to get rid of the scar. and percyyy. whut? i love how you make him into a "good" character unlike the canon series. and just everything ahhh! okay this doesn't really make sense but whatever. THANK YOU for updating and writing this amazingness (:
Madame Mermaid chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
Hello, there,

that was really, really freaking cool! :-) Maybe it's just that I love the way you write Lucius' character and have been suspecting and waiting for him to show up again for an eternity of a few years now, or maybe it's that you truly managed to build the tension before he simply appeared out of nowhere, but I nearly danced a jig when he showed up. And though I actually really like Claire's character, if only she is evil in such an intricate, cunning way, I am okay with her being dead if Lucius' return is the pay-off. Though I wouldn't have minded another bout of Draco's particular brand of vengeance, either. ;-D Really, though, listening to Lucius explain in such a laconic, dead-serious voice why his solution is best, and why all the Bond-villains always fail, was perfect, and perfectly in character, as you've pointed out. So, yes, all in all, you just made my day.

I do however, have a few questions and issues that want to be voiced: 1. Sorry, but you never explained to us just what kind of protection charms are on Ginny's necklace. And if they're so strong, how was Claire able to kidnap and torture her in the first place? 2. Why can Percy see the necklace, and how was he able to jump to the conclusion that Lucius rescued Ginny? 3. Are we going to see more of Percy now? Or at least learn something about his 'agenda'? I've always found him to be a very interesting character in this story, simply because, much like Draco in 'The Code Breaker', he's an independent party and is thus able to have his own agenda, since he's not bound to Dumbledore, the Order, his father or the rest of the family. Thus, he could be a really interesting player in this war. 4. I realise why Draco decided to leave things to the Aurors - it's logical in that situation, and Draco is all about logic. But it seems somewhat out of character for him to leave something so important to others just like that, especially since Arthur does have a point in saying that the Aurors' track record of helping the light side hasn't been exactly spectacular so far. Thus, I'd have expected him to at least take action in the background of things, rather than just wait and see what happens. So - why didn't he? (And yes, I realise that this is in direct conflict to sth. else I said, namely that Draco often seems too capable. I'm not saying he should have succeeded in finding her - just that him not trying seems contradictory, as well.)

Except for Claire's death, which is absolutely understandable, but seems a bit anticlimatic at this point, especially since you've just robbed yourself of such a wonderful villain, I've only one 'issue' with this chapter, which is really more of an overall thought that's been nagging me for a while. (And by nagging, I mean it's not a big issue, just something I've been thinking about.) While I understand Ginny's position in this chapter, her helplessness, terror and anger, her kidnapping also brought home that she's seemed a little inactive within the overall plotline so far. She's Draco's love-interest, obviously, and pursued that interest vigorously, and you've made a point of showing us that she's not some simpering fool - but that aside, she doesn't seem directly involved in the plotline, at least not in another capacity than damsel in distress. While I know that Draco's the hero in this story, it would be nice to see Ginny's strength and capacity more often as well. It'll be interesting to see how she deals with all that's happened now, and how her reaction might translate into actions on her or Draco's part in the future.

So much for my thoughts on this chapter. I'm looking forward to see how this continues, especially now that Lucius is back as another independent party in the plot, and to learn what Draco plans to do about all this - Ginny's kidnapping, Harry's horcrux-ness, and his own possible fate as the reluctant not-savior of the wizarding world.
All the best,

Madame Mermaid
Blackbird0 chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
whoo! go lucius, even though he was a terrible person. i wonder what drake's going to do about voldemort now that ginny's back:) and hopefully the weasley's will realise how cool percy is.
passanger chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
It's strange that Draco himself doesn't have some tracking device or panic button on Ginny, and maybe on others.
MO-5431 chapter 37 . 3/24/2015
Cool twist, and you're right, the Lucius quick-kill was the perfect way to go about killing Claire under these circumstances. Thank you very much for the entertainment, I look forward to the next chapter, and have a fantastic day.
Samara chapter 37 . 3/24/2015
I love that you are updating again. My sister and I reread your series all the time. It's one of our personal favourites. I really like how Claire was killed, very characteristic of Lucius. :) please keep writing your stories are amazing.
Laura 001 chapter 37 . 3/24/2015
I enjoyed the chapter, particularly Percy and Draco's attitude to the Weasley's about their high ranking son. Yay Lucius is alive - I'm hoping Ginny lets Draco know before he buries the fake body.
Cheepir chapter 37 . 3/24/2015
Loved it! Your updates make my day. Wasn't expecting Ginny to be rescued so quickly - but it's satisfying and a good change in pace. Also, the Percy and Ginny interaction made me waaaarm and fuzzy.

Am really curious about the intricate piece of revenge you initially planned for Claire, though. I'm SO GLAD Claire's gone, but I want to have my cake and eat it too :( Perhaps a spinoff one-shot?
2,207 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »