Reviews for The Decoding
Lily chapter 36 . 3/14/2015
This series is one of my favorite fanfictions. The only thing I disliked about this series was Ginny.
passanger chapter 36 . 3/10/2015
Very interesting chapter. I totally didn't see that coming. The savior-Draco thing. And maybe I should have.
How did Narcissa manage to defy Voldemort 3 times and get away with it?
Catnipob chapter 36 . 3/5/2015
Ok, so the "throw you from the astronomy tower" line was priceless!

How are they sending back a body they don't have? Draco would surely know if they send him a fake Lucius... Intriguing!
Especially as the real thing may well get Ginny out of her current predicament!

That part was so well written, with the removal of her hair hurting more than torture. In a small way it's like she has had part her identity stolen...
Please tell me there's some sort of spell to re-grow hair? Although she could probably rock a pixie cut...

I really want some interaction between Ginny and Voldie before she gets saved though - that would be an interesting meeting! (You are saving her, right? I mean - if you kill her off I may have to hunt you down!)

Never mind the whole stuff with Harry not being the saviour - that's just too massive for my brain to filter through right now. Am loving the possibilities though!

Oooh, I am so excited for the next few chapters! Keep up the super-amazing work! It's worth waiting for.
Beloved Daughter chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Oh...wow. I did NOT see that coming! Loved it! More please!
Guest chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Your writing never disappoints!
Aya-Shoru chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Madame Mermaid chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Hello, there,

this was amazing. :-) While I enjoy reading all the chapters of this story, there are a few (such as the Ginny-Draco-Lucius-evening-triangle or Draco's near murder of Bellatrix) that are stronger than the others, focusing on the heart of the story, while the others are fun reading, but not necessarily essential to the plot. This is definitely one of the intense chapters, and it worked out really well.

Thus, I am left with two concerns/questions: First of all, I have to admit that I am hoping Harry will turn out to be the saviour mentioned in the prophecy after all, and not just because Draco wants him to be that person. For it seems to me that Draco has been turning a bit Mary-Sueish as this story goes on, always coming up with the great plan or rescuing someone or other, and turning him into the person described by the prophecy would put a crown on it all. Thus, both due to how Rowling's canon works and due to the way the first two installments of this series worked out, I'm hoping that Draco will turn out to be a side-kick in saving the wizarding world, and leave the final honour to Harry. I am really happy, btw, about the tongue-lashing Draco gave the Headmaster regarding his instrumentalisation and subsequent indirect execution of Harry - I was wondering if that would ever be discussed in the course of the story. And it feels good to have Draco refuse not only Voldemort, but also Dumbledore, if only because Lucius has tried to manipulate him all his life and he's thus rather fond of his freedom.

Which brings me to the second question, which has been nagging me ever since I first read this story years ago (btw, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for continuing this! It's one of my favourite series on this website, and I was SO hoping you'd one day come back to finish this! :-D): Is Lucius really dead? And if not, then whose side is he on now? For it feels as if that must be revealed now, when Ginny is trying to actively use that necklace (which has also had me in jitters, wondering how it would tie into the story). All in all, I am waiting to see how this sudden abduction will work out - and, honestly, somewhat hoping that Draco won't save the day all on his own. As I said, sometimes he's a bit too capable, even for a genius. Plus, I'm hoping that we'll see Ginny in action a bit more - she is, after all, a strong character in her own right.

Last, but not least, I would really like to know how the words "parents who have thrice defied him" is supposed to apply to Lucius and Narcissa, even taking into account that the prophecy was originally in Latin. Of course, Lucius could have defied the Dark Lord thrice, but Narcissa? And it would have to have been before Draco was born, wouldn't it?

Well, I'll see how you solve all these problems and then some, and I'll just have to cross my fingers that you'll update this sooner rather than later.
All the best,

Madame Mermaid
Blackbird0 chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Oh my God! I knew Draco was destined for greatness! I wonder how long it'll take voldemort to realise this too. And I hope Draco will realise that he can be a saviour to!
Matarsak chapter 35 . 3/4/2015
You know i just realized sth...didn't Boggart aka future!Draco get killed by Voldemort? And if the other Draco is now going to kill Voldemort...one cannot live while the other survives and now it would seem like once Voldemort killed Draco and now it's Draco's time to kill Him. Ok that sounds absurd but whatever...i'm still gonna think it's gonna be Draco who kills Voldemort not Harry.
Matarsak chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Ok wow...
I really should be working on my MA thesis but holy shit this story is far more compelling! You have no idea how utterly grateful i am for you awesome contribution to the HP fandom. I think no one would ever know what the true taste of the HP fandom is until they read your series...
I just...fuck i loved that twist about Draco being the savior all along...and altho he seemed angry and reluctant at first to play that role i think the current hostage situation with Ginny will force him to reconsider...he may not agree to be the savior of the whole wizarding community but he will try his best to save Ginny, even if that comes at the price of having to kill off Voldemort himself.
xoxlollipopxox chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
yayyyy thank you so much for updating (: I'm not sure what angle you're going at, but I like how Draco isn't just jumping into the savior role. Even if the prophecy doesn't apply to Harry, I think it's a good thing that Draco is still labeling him as the savior. Anyways, awesome chapter as usual, I can't wait for more!
frznlights chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
o irony- that astronomy tower line... I swear you polish canon until it shines like something else entirely. thanks for the update!
ForeverRainingFire chapter 36 . 3/3/2015
Great chapter! I can't wait for the next one! And I love that bit about the prophecy!
BlackRose851 chapter 36 . 3/3/2015
omg wow so great!
wertyit chapter 36 . 3/3/2015
Whoa. First, when Draco made his revelation with Dumbledore, I was already like holy shit this is awesome. I like how Draco deduced most of it himself, and when he found out, he still wanted to protect Harry. I hope he succeeds, but idk can't wait to see what happens next.

And then, when I saw Claire's name first pop up, I felt like this thrill of dread because Ginny was gonna get screwed. But thankfully there's the diamond. Sigh Lucius Malfoy doing something that saves Ginny? I think the Weasleys will explode lolol.

But really, this was an awesome chapter. The characterization and plot and writing is just amazing. And I liked how Draco/Bill sounded British when they were speaking. Thanks for the update!
2,185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »