Reviews for The Decoding
Memoirs of a Dream chapter 38 . 5/2
I just want you to know that this series has been my favorite fan fiction since, oh, at least 2008, maybe before. I've always held off on reading The Decoding because it wasn't finished and I thought for years that it was abandoned (although I did read the first few chapters because Code Breaker ends on a cliff hanger and it's horribly painful but also my favorite part of the series so far...) Last week I decided that I was going to read everything you'd posted so far - I was on chapter 24 when I realized that you'd posted a new chapter and I have to tell you that I can't remember ever being more surprised or happier about a fan fiction. what's most surprising is that I'm still enjoying The Decoding as much now as I enjoy The Code. Most authors run out of ideas and get worse as the series progresses, and after a hiatus there's almost always a notable decrease in story quality because authors usually only come back out of guilt, not because they care about the story again. This story didn't have that. There was no major change in style and no break in the plot - I don't know how you managed it but I've never seen it before.

I love the new developments with Ginny and Draco. I love the way Draco still struggles with his emotions even as he tries to embrace them. The few lines where he worries about his emotions, a about whether or not it's wrong not to feel relief, is spot on and shows how far Draco has come. He can't be satisfied with reading the chart anymore.

Now that I know you're back, I'll be following your story eagerly, and the next one too! Thank you for coming back!
Elaine Weasley chapter 38 . 5/1
YOURE UPDATING AGAIN!
I read this trilogy over a year ago, before I got my account. It was partly an inspiration for my own story...(you do Draco so much better…) I was sad that the story was never finished and I moved on. But I got to lookig for good Harry Potter fics the other day and thought I'd read this again. Imagine my surprise and delight when I saw you had updated within the last month! And then again the other day!
So, I re-read everything. I suspected Draco as being the one in the prophecy back when Harry told him what it was, and when you confirme it, I was like, "HAHA!" And I am rather intrigued with Lucius resurrected...
Looking vey much forward to more! I'll favorite when it's finished…:-)
xoxlollipopxox chapter 38 . 5/1
AHHHHH you updated (:
i'm so happyyyy
yay i can't wait to see how you wrap up this awesome series :D
Arnel 63 chapter 38 . 4/30
It is so refreshing to read a chapter with well-crafted thoughts, a plot that doesn't bog down in the retelling of previous events and only has one sentence that begins with "well" or "but" or "and." I've been reading an old story because I like the plot and have found myself wanting to edit out most of those words. The wonderful thing about your story is that it flows from one idea to the other in a professional manner, engaging the reader and not becoming overly emotional.

I must say that I think my favorite line in the whole chapter is Percy's last sentiment. It made me laugh and seems to sum up the entire Lucius conundrum quite succinctly. Also, while you have Draco become emotional, he doesn't wail and fret and when Bill encounters him in the kitchen, he doesn't throw a temper tantrum; he realizes what he's doing and lets Bill help him channel his emotions elsewhere. The last thing I liked about Draco's demeanor is that when he finally allowed himself to set eyes on Ginny, he gave himself permission to feel again. Thank you for making him human.

Looking forward to the next chapter and more on Percy's dilemma and Draco's father problem.
Brilliant job, can't wait to read more!
doomreaper chapter 38 . 4/30
This chapter is really good. I always look forward to new updates of this story. Yay can't wait for the next one! I really want to know Lucius Malfoy's story.
tenshi noyo Ryu Taiga chapter 38 . 4/30
Okay maybe I'm missing something because I haven't reread this in a while but when did Ginny call voldemort Thomas to his face? When was this confrontation or conversation or whatever that makes Draco think Ginny is special to voldemort? Because i thought I tried to skim/reread to find it a while back and never found anything. Your reference to it in this chapter reminded me that I wanted to ask.
OshieteOY chapter 38 . 4/30
Plus 1. Is it weird to be excited by the end? Of course not, as we will be seeing the realization of what was formerly just a dream. Yay! Can't wait. Thanks for the read. EP
Son of Whitebeard chapter 38 . 4/30
ooh zombie Lucius
You have great imagination and your writing style is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this story with us.
Azra chapter 38 . 4/30
Great chapter. Congrats on the house :3. Is there anywhere I can find your original fiction?
m chapter 37 . 4/26
I've been saving and starring the update notifications in my inbox for a couple of months now. I finally got to get caught up, and this universe is just as engrossing as I remember. I love how you've adapted the canon storyline-I think often authors get a bit scared of treading close to JK's plot, so they go in an entirely different direction, but Draco's need for Harry to still be the savior is incredibly compelling in this context. Thank you for continuing to write this story; it makes my yearly rereads of this saga seem even more worth it now.
I love your books and you are such a good writer. Please update. I understand it's hard because you're busy so it doesn't matter when you update but I want to read an ending to the story.
So I've been reading this story for years, yeah? When I first read The Code, something like 6 years ago, I was hooked. Then I saw you had sequels and then a whole series and I was ecstatic. I'm serious, I love this series you have. Even when you haven't updated in a year, two years, etc etc, I kept going back and reading it over and over again with hopes that you would update. I believe it was a year and a half or two years ago when I last checked and you still haven't updated, but alas, like clockwork, I re-read the Code series and then when I reached Ch. 33 (or was it 34? Hah I cant remember now) I stared at my computer screen hoping for more! AND THEN, just today when I had some odd longing to read some HP fanfic again, I quickly went to your account. At first I saw the "published on" date, and my mood deflated a little. But then I saw the "updated on" and let me tell you, you have no idea the level of excitement that bubbled up in me when I saw you had updated THIS YEAR! Then I clicked on most recent chapter and saw that it was 3 more chapters than I expected! I was so happy that you were back writing this story, you have no idea. I'm most probably going to go back and read the beginning of the series again!

But anyways, the whole point of this review was that I'm obviously a huge fan of your work and you are probably one of the few authors that actually went back to finish what you've started! And for that I commend you and hold a deep respect (not that there is anything terribly wrong for authors not finishing, many things do in fact happen in life to cause indefinite hiatus occurs). I'm going off in a tangent again, hah, keep doing what you do! I look forward to your next chapter :)
ashkey1984 chapter 37 . 4/18
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for continuing this story. I think if I wasn't already married, I'd propose to you. Looking forward to the next update!
2,129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »