Reviews for Farewell
Number Girl chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
That is epic. I have never read Radagast like this, but I love it!
Well done!
Adono34 chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
So good! I think it's highly realistic to something Tolkien would write... Obsessed!
Gentry chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Very nice. I liked it. Keep writing as you have a gift for it.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Good story. We need more Radagasts stories. There are so many Lord of the Ring characters, and some of them are rarely written. We need more stories with Lord of the Rings characters, but it seems that people are more interested in stories about a girl who falls into middle earth.
WintersBlueRaven chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Absolutely beautiful. A combination of my favorite LOTR character (Radagast) and animal (owl) ) There should at least be a Radagast section in , alas there's barely any fanfiction on him. I am trying to write one, with a OC and him as lead figures...but trying to learn more about him is hard.

Excellent work!

WBR
gentry chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Being a Radagast fan I enjoyed your story. Only wish it had been longer as I agree with you that we need more stories about Radagast. Maybe continue the story with the storyline you have going with Radagast taking up Gandalfs offer to head the White Council? It's obvious you have a great understanding and knowledge of the wizards and middle earth. Hope to read more of your works in the future.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A great story. Very well written.
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Radagast didn't favor solitude over companionship, it's just that the companionship he sought was of animals and birds. I'd have to go back to the books, but I don't think Gandalf faulted him for this: their paths were simply different. Gandalf was a friend to Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits and Men, but the animals needed an advocate as well and Radagast filled that role. Saruman, of course, felt contempt for Radagast because he completely devalued the natural world. He no longer cared about the animals and trees so he thought Radagast was foolish for wasting time on them.

It was nice to see a story with Radagast, though. You're right, there really aren't many of them. Two excellent fics that I can recommend are "Another Way of Leaving" and "Following the Other Wizard" by jodancingtree.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I like this one. Radagast really doesn't appear in enough fics for me, either. ;) I like the subtle way he shows up here, with stubborness and shyness in full force as well as the mysticism.

As to other writers of Radagast, I've got one piece, though it's not my best work. Werecat99 does some that you might want to check out, though.