Reviews for Maternity
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I like the quiet tension in this fic, especially as Elly progresses down the levels to the lab. Her nervousness feels very real, and her awkwardness when she finally comes to Emeralda.

Great subject matter too - It's interesting (and sad) that Elly seems unable to have the one-on-one intimacy most mothers have with their children, particularly during pregnancy. Kim is the one who "made" Emeralda, and he seems to have the greatest say in her fate - not just her name, but the idea of her being an angel, whereas Elly just wants a child. Elly seems to be reacting to that here, upset but trying to talk herself out of it.

Kind of sad also to think how Emeralda can hear this all but it's never going to come to fruition. There's bonding going on here, but it's not at all sappy. Really well done.

Towards the beginning (until she gets to Emeralda), the fic feels a bit wordy.

Grammar here: "There are, also, enough automated" is awkward. It's the commas bracketing "also" like that.

Good work on this story, I liked it.
Lady Rini chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Great story I like how you kept Elly in character and how see reacted to Emeralda. I wonder if they would have gotten along when she was out of the tube during that time.
Tindercrest chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Aww...that was a sweet one-shot! One of the finer moments in Xenogears, the untold in-betweens, and surely, Elly did say something like that to Emeralda a long, long time ago.

I liked how you portrayed Elly's maternal instincts so well, and yet so personal in just less than a thousand words.

Keep up the good work!
bansheeblue13 chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
loved that game and the dynamics btw Elly and Emmy were always a little strange considering the circumstances...interesting take on their relationship, though.
DJM chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
A very well-written piece, full of emotion and very realistic for the situation. You've captured the characters rather well! This is a surprisingly rare subject matter for FFN and it's nice to see such a good short piece for a game I enjoy so much. Keep writing!
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I like how you wroteElly's character. Also the brief portrayal of the whole Zeboim society (which I imagine to have been a totalitarian dictatorship (though not as bad as Solaris).Anyway, it was short and sweet. Really liked it.

I know it's shameless advertizement but can you read my Xenogears novelization?
AzurePlague chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Another wonderful Xenogears fic! I love how you write the characters' POV. You keep them in character and let the readers get a glimpse of what they're thinking. This is one of those great examples. Great interaction. Wish there were more that involved Elly and Emeralda (both of my favs!).
summonershion69 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Aw wow. That is sweet. I love Kim (my fav Fei person) and Zeboim and all that stuff. This is really a great fic.