Reviews for The Wall
Excuse me while I go crawl into a hole and cry..This was beautifully written.
The Punk In Disguise chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
My life is ruined. I never knew that SE Hinton killed him off! Poor Ponyboy. Still good. Stay gold.
wishuy chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
That was so emotional. Very good writing.
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
War is so wrong. You can justify it so many ways, but bottom line is it's evil. Call me opinionated or a traitor to my country (I'm not even American), but I reckon it's disgusting and wrong that they're called Defence Forces when all they do is attack other nations. And then people actually think it makes a difference in THEIR lives. They aren't the ones whose homes and families are ripped apart blindly. Seems to me that people have learned nothing from Vietnam.

Anyway, that was REALLY good. You captured the emotion well, and I felt myself grieving a little, even though I'm lucky enough to be able to thank God I haven't lost anyone close to me. Thanks so much for this :)
battle at arizona chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
:( That was really sad! But very VERY well written! I could see this as an epilouge for the book. I have tears in my eyes, lol, because it sort of makes me think of my Grandpa, who was in the Vietnam war. Luckily I still have him, though, and do not have to look up anyone on The Wall. Anyway, great job! 3
psychopath convention chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
The Wall is my favorite place in DC. There's something that's tragic and incredible about it.

Loved this story, very well-written! (But poor Steve!)
the-beginning-of-the-end chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
i kinda want to cry right now... that was really really sad.. :(

but an amazing piece of writing.
byebyebirdie58 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
That was really beautifully written. I think you've done a wonderful job, and with such an original idea - I'd have never thought of Pony visiting the Wall. Really nicely done.

I loved this line: "Around me there were children playing the grass, and families out sightseeing. It was a surreal feeling, to be doing something so personal and painful while the rest of the world was oblivious."

I've been to Wall to look up a friend of my grandpa's, and it really is a sureal feeling.
Pictures chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
Aw, this was so sad, but very well written.

Great Job! :)
GreaserFreak13 chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
I'm lucky I have no one to look up either. This was a great story.
GoldenMerlin chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Wow. This is such an amazing story. It's not short, but it doesn't have a bunch of aimless nonsense. Every word pops out at you: Every word is meaningful. It's hard to believe you didn't have any one to look up: You capture the feelings of someone who's lost someone so well. Not that I would know, of course...But it really makes the reader feel like they've lost Soda, like they're Ponyboy.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Original AND sad. '[

I'm glad to finally found someone who accepts the canon of Soda dying-Like, you can keep Johnny and Dally dead, but Soda lives through Vietnam? D: Get real.

This was very well written. I hope to see more from you.
Fosterchild chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Woah...that was heart-wrenching. Very well done.
Marauder and The Q chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
This is concise and very good. It's not too angsty, but it's not too detached, and it does sound like Ponyboy.

This line really got me:

Two-Bit hadn’t been able to go, thanks to a bad knee. He was always a little bitter that he hadn’t been able to go, felt like he wasn’t as good as Soda and Steve.

I'm very glad that you wrote this, and thank you for posting it.

Queen Jane Approximately chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I really, really liked this. I'm very interested in the Vietnam War, so anything that alludes to it pretty much jumps right out at me, lol.

But I really thought you wrote this very well. It sounded very much like Ponyboy, too, and what he might be feeling in this situation. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the opportunity yet to visit The Wall myself, but I can see where he would be hesitant. I once visited the Traveling Wall, when it came to my town, and my parents showed me where one of our neighbor's family members name was on there, but I couldn't really feel any sympathy, because I didn't know him and I barely knew the neighbors, you know? Granted, I was younger, but still.

There were a few lines that really stuck out to me here, too. I really liked this one, I think because it's just so true sometimes: “Around me there were children playing the grass, and families out sightseeing. It was a surreal feeling, to be doing something so personal and painful while the rest of the world was oblivious.”

Fantastic job with this. I really did like it, a lot. Thanks for writing it. :)