Reviews for The Gift of Life
jarjayes chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
Actually, Kaiba wasn't out of character. Um, his former self before becoming the Seto Kaiba we all know and love was alot nicer. I think you portrayed him very well here. I liked it.

Oh, and the love scene was genius. I often think it's best to leave things to the readers' imaginations. No need to get graphic. It played out extremely well.

I'm a fan of building up relationships rather than rushing them but in truth it was customary for grooms and brides to meet each other on the day of their wedding. At least, they met each other before. Plus, usually in those days, husbands and wives got to knowing each other after the wedding. You can easily do a sequel with this one.

Okay, here's a trick I've been learning. To get more people to notice your story you have to update a chapter every so often because your story will update in the listings. This story, although a one-shot, is pretty long. I don't know if you'd be interested in doing this but if you're not just take this for future reference. As I read this story, I noticed at this could be easily subdivided in chapters. 1) A lot of readers have short attention spans, like me. 2) If they see that even one chapter is super long, they'll think twice before reading it. 3) Because of this, it's pretty hard to stare at a computer screen for a very long time.

Yup, easily, this can be subdivided into smaller chapters. If I'm not mistaken, 4 to 5.
Who knows if you'll reel in more reviews because this was pretty good! But when I saw the length of it, I did think twice. And yes, I don't know how many times I've passed over this in the listings until I finally decided to read this.
PrettyChelsea chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
Loved it! Anzu's father's reaction was so hilarious and Seto being nervous in his proposal
saffroncremebrulee chapter 1 . 2/7/2015
Awwwwww! This is adorable! Thanks for posting!
Anzu chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
omg I loved this story!1 PLEASE WRITE MORE IS IS ONE OF MY FAVE ANZU/SETO STORIES!
miss.kain chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Ohhh!

I'm not a huuge fan of YGO! stories set in Ancient Egypt, but this one.. this one is superb!

Oh my! Very nice story, very nice!

You're such an awesome writter!

Thank you for writting such an adorable romance fic with dear Anzu and Seto! o/
mangafn chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
You r a great author... i've read some of your stories and they are all awesome like this one. this story is wonderful and very nice.
Mulanzu chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Real cute :)
crizzygirl chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
what a sweet and romantic love story~! I love it! Thank you for writing this. :D
jessi chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Excellent story! I really liked it!
browneyes730 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
great job! :D
TeaG chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Very Very sweet story! )
LivingLegends chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
The fanfic that got me hooked on Seto/Anzu on . When it shut down I thought I would never see this fanfic again, along with several others. If anyone remembers me, including DIS, I was takena_kitarou on Fanlib. Hi to anyone who knew me. DIS, keep up the incredible work. I will be reading and commenting on your fanfics for quite some time.
Silential chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
I still enjoyed this, it was no more rushed than any other one-shot! In any case, I loved the dynamics between the two of them, halfway between competitive and amiable. In any case, fantastic job!
Rose-Dragonfire chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
This has got to be the best one-shot I've ever read! I usually don't like to read them because of the rush, but this was laid out so well! It was just perfect! Wonderful work, and never stop writing! You're just so good!
Triste1 chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
that was an extremely interesting story. I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. The details of the period was extremely educational and the interaction between the characters fascinating.

If I may, I would like to point out a few things I found puzzling. The first would be the fact that Anzu's baby brother was refered to as Rajah in one segment of the story and then Heru in another. Do ancient Egyptions typically have two names? Another would be their dancing style. What you described reminded me of the waltz. Perhaps it was another dance you were refering to?

Overall, though the story was enjoyable. It was interesting to see how the characters slowly grew upon one another with more interaction; it was also interesting to learn of the way you depicted the typical way a woman should behave during those times. I am a little confused as to Hepshut's behaviour of being a coward, a mizer upon others and also an overprotective father. It doesn't seem to be very easily digestible, his character. I also found it to be the same for the Pharaoh's relationship with Kaiba. I suppose a little addition of explanations would clear things up nicely and possible build upon the characters more. AS for the ending, it was somewhat rushed in my opinion; but that's simply my individual opinion.

It was a lovely story still, and I hope to read more from you. I do apologise if I have insulted you in any way. I honestly intended no malice and am simply speaking what is on my mind as an individual reader. Keep writing, and good luck with future fanfics. May you always enjoy writing as much as I enjoy reading.