Reviews for This Most Exquisite Torture
scorpioneldar chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
i feel like robin was ooc then again i felt like he was nearly a different person in hat movie so ...
WhiteLunaNight chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
I have fallen in love with your writing, but this one "touched" me diffrently if you now what i mean i loved it but at the same time hated it. I know it's very confusing but i'm confusing so :p, anyway VERY good writing! )
epiccface chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
wtf is wrong with robin
spazz4eva1128 chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Frackin' amazing. As usual
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
More I need more of these Angst fill Raven/Robin fics.
raerobgal chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Robin's speech at the end was so intense, omg! And how can he just leave right after that whole scene ?! But if Raven refuses to let him love her despite her loving him, then I understand why he would be angry... Although, he should have at least given her a chance to speak before he left haha! - anyway, this was really good, as per usual, and I loved it! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This one shot needs to continue...
Mapete017 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I can imagine this turning into more than a one-shot. Congrats for spiking my interest.
meow chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I usually don't review stories, but here it goes...
Not being a Rob/Rae shipper (I'm mostly indifferent towards the couple: it's kind of bland), I've always found your work to be enjoyable. It is a pairing that requires a very strong suspension of disbelief, even when it comes to the best fics, and you usually pull it off. This, however, was waaay off. I think Raven would be absolutely disgusted and furious if Robin manipulated her emotions like that (she is by virtue independent, plus after Malchior's and her father's little games), not to mention it's OOC for Robin to play with Starfire in such a manner (he is protective of her in the show; even a dark version of Robin probably would only toy with her only for the mission's sake). And why is Raven reading Robin's emotions from his face? Empath, right?
On a side note, "The Beast Within" probably wasn't a very RobRae episode. I mean, could Robin have acted otherwise? Not protecting his teammate? Not to mention that in the medlab he was more concerned with flushing out BB than checking on Raven; in addition, he pissed BB off while he was unrestrained in the same room as his potential victim. Not very toughtful for somebody worried about Raven (if you want to read into things deeply, he snapped at Garfield right after the latter yelled at Starfire, but you probably don't want to go there). I also would love seeing Robin beating the Beast to a pulp. That'd fun.
Plus, if Tokyo was a "test" and Starfire was a mere tool, why was he being so aloof, alienating her? A skilled manipulator like himself (according to you) could probably get what he wanted by telling what SF needed to hear in a couple of minutes.
This fic really doesn't work. It'd be better if you tried making scenes yourself than relied on canon, trying to give this pairing extra credibility it obviously doesn't have. Keep up the good work, just crop the bad!
Alavena chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Nice story
Pls continue it very interesting and Keps me wondering what comes next it very different in a good way
looneytails chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I feel like I've become addicted to your stories... Oh, well. This is genius, thought you might want to know.
the-original-lovelace chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
omigod omigod omigod! amazing!

and I love the way you wrote Robin, being pretty dickish. Robin's a young guy who got rejected; him lashing out is a reasonable response, albeit not a very mature one. :)
ZebraStripedFlamingo chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
to be honest, i LOVE robin's attitude in this. Raven is being unsure, and I love that robin is calling her out on her bull shit. I love that he challenges her too feel more than she wants to. I don't think Robin is necessarily being a dick, I think it's a lot of justified frustration. Being in love drives you and all that. :) Really enjoyed this one!
NIVNIV chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This was just wonderfully written i love it... very angsty but in a good way. i want a sequel for this because a one-shot isn't really enough for such an awesome story as this. btw i've read some of your of work and they were all awesome:))

chipmunki chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
oh my! Bad Raven! Nobody wants Robin to kiss Starfire!

I'm kinda a fan of Dick!Robin. I like 'im!

and this is masterfully written, i think you really got the emotion across!

There is major RobRae shippage in The Beast Within, and i'm inclined to believe that it's Brotherly!BB in that epi! so :P!

anyway, keep up the good work!