Reviews for Of Love and Loss
anon chapter 1 . 7/24
Omfg this was beautiful
fire.is.catching chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
wow another review how surprising...XD

that was really good...did you win? I think my favorite one was Regulus it was really well written but I think it was very poetic. What is it with people and forgetting Harry he is an amazing person...sigh! I hate Peter but he is an important element to stories as much as i would love to forget he existed we are working with a delicate balance and the real harry potter not this world we play in would be ruined should we cast peter away and how sad would that be? I liked th lily part though it was easily the funniest part because lets face it the other parts were depressing...alas remus so sad to think that he is the last one left and the he dies happy with tonks at the end but i can imagine when I think of marauders I think of friendship, loyalty and Peter tore them apart he basked in the pride of being part of one of th emost popular groups in school well all the others were in it for the real friendships he betrayed them and ruined the marauders and as much as remus holds on to harry he is not james and its sad to think that peter had it all and he took it away...

and on that happy note marvelous job

cheers

live well smile lots update often
gibrelina chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
You really captured each character's personality and I love the part about Sirius/lies because, even though he's my favorite Marauder, I think it really fits him.
ElfishScallywag chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Beautiful. Simply perfect. All of them, it all fits and is so right for them. I've never really read Sirius-Regulus fics, wasn't interested, but you've made it really really good, Regulus's piece was actually the one I liked most. But I love all of them!

Great job!
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
This is excellent, excellent, excellent (and I can't believe it's taken me so long to get to this). Your writing really packs a punch- you manage to get across so much feeling in these short vignette-like pieces. Each one has its own driving force, its own sense of tragedy. Both Regulus' and Remus' stood out to me. I loved the fact that you chose Peter to close this piece with, and I thought your description of the tunnel was very clever.

Great, excellent, wonderful job (I don't have enough good adjectives to describe it). A favorite for sure!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
I really, really liked this. you're good at vignettes. But I think it needs closure. you don't have to do a happy ending, but, if you want my advice, do somehting that refers back to the repeated lines "he forgot James' son" - something possible uplifting? this is kinda a downer (albeit, a well-written one) but if you want to keep it that way, it's up to you...but it still needs some kind of closure.
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I really liked that. Espeacially the bit with Regulus talking to Sirius. Nearly made me cry.
An Aspiring Author chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
excellent story! i think you described the feelings of each character very well. my favorite parts were the ones about lily and james because i thought those were so cute and the one about regulus because it was very insightful and especially well-written. great job overall!
vegetatingkadoodle chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
:D you, know you have a really good way with describing their emotions without being too direct, if that makes sense at all. anyways, for some reason, i really liked peter's part.
Baby seal chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
I love this oneshot! It's so sweet and sad and funny all at the same time :)
Merakien chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
This was really good. I particularly liked Lily's, but you always write about Lily so beautifully anyway. Another terrific one-shot.
delirioustk chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
no words to even sum up what i felt while reading your fic...it was fantastic! brilliant! My favourite was Remus's and Sirius'.)
MoonyIsTheMan chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
That was cool. Good job! :)
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Very well-written and original. I liked the quotes and definitions at the beginning of each part.

My favourite parts were Lily, Regulus and Remus. I've always felt that we didn't know anything about Remus's feelings about Sirius's death (I know that's because the books are from Harry's POV, but still...that's a shame). You manage to make us feel every character's emotions, great job! Definitely going on my favourites, I'll want to read it again.

- Gaby
lyin chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
liked sirius' and lily's best- esp. lily's, with the description of james and her plan-for-life- love the word larrikin, though i admit to be a lil' tired of seeing sirius and james be aurors in fanfics (my only gripe)

you worked the definitions and lyrics wonderfully into stories and picked excellent turning points- the thought of harry at the end of both sirius' and remus' worked wonderfully, too. adored the theme of truth for sirius.

the shift into 1st person for regulus was surprising but really worked, esp. since we never get his voice at all in the books, so it's nice to have him speak.

peter's i did find a little lacking, but i did really like the image and description-

and the look at james is just so cute, love the idea of lily 'raving' in the common room ;)

perfect blend- love with james and lily (and loss there too) but mostly the loss with their friends, who also loved them... and i'm rambling, but ok, really liked it. g'job!