Reviews for A Knife To The Heart
iS2.coheed.and.cambria chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Awesome.

I loved this fic the diary entries were brilliantly constructed, the incorporation of the song lyrics and the way that you connected them to the actual writing and story line worked really well. A lot of the time people just take song lyrics and throw them in the middle of blocks of texts and call it a song fic without really connecting the lyrics to their own words, you did the complete opposite and made a song fic that's words stood out above the lyrics which is often not true when it comes to song!fics.

‘You stupid idiot! What are you doing?'

I LOVED that part so much. I thought it was perfectly reminisant (can't spell once again) of when Sam slammed Dean up against the wall in Salvation was it? Yeah i think it was. I just loved that part. Just the perfect amount of angst and heartbreak.

P.S My memories of Dean are forever forged in my heart, as is that non-forgotten night that I betrayed my family.

That line hurt. Because it shows that Sam still feels like he betrayed his family. I loved that you added that line to the end of that particular letter. It just added a perfet touch. I also loved the entires from Dean's 'diary', I thought the contrast between the two was perfect.

Omg and I love Breaking Benjamin and when I read the line at the beginning I was like omg Firefly! It's so funny because I was planning on entitling one of my upcoming stories "Choke and Smile" from that song and then you used it and I started smiling goffily (is that a word?) at my computer like a dork : )

All together GREAT work can't wait to read more of your AWESSOME writing!

-Lilia
game-overgal chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Oh god this was frickin awesome it really touched me I started tearing up through sam's entry. This is really good you should make another journal entry story of when they meet up or both of them find each others journals. Keep writing your great at it. _
RAWWR chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
hey evvz your story is amazing there were parts where the emotions were capivated SOO WELL and there were the mushy parts or how you like to call them "chick-flick moments"

BAHAH yeh i loved those parts, you should be proud you ALMOST made me cry

I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD WRITE LIKE THIS

DUDE THIS STUFF IS FREAKIN AMAZING

you worked so hard on this and lemme tll you baby! IT PAYED OFF!

i love this i could read it a million times and cry in the same spots EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU HUNNY!

I LOVE THIS!

AND I LOVE YOU!
stranded chess piece chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
What a beautiful fic :) Your descriptions are fantastic, and you've managed to get into both brother's heads and keep a nice, steady pace. Loved the song lyrics and the way you wound them through the story. I think it's hard to write journal entries/letters that aren't my own, so I admire you for putting them in here and think you've done an amazing job with them. You should be proud of this fic, it's really lovely x
chelsy chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
great story funky

so full og nagst and emotion

poor sammy

and so glad you had dean decide to go visit in the end

great story
JoyofReading chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
I enjoyed this! It was good. I like long stories.
Ibelieveinsam chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Hey Funky! This was so good! It made me tear up so many times, especially when Sam thought that Mary would be so proud of him. I have a real soft spot for Sammy's love for his mom. I also loved when Sam had the pictures of his family and how he thought he was a failure to them. I could really see Sammy thinking that because that is the kind of person he is. You could just see how much he loved Dean and missed him. I liked seeing Dean's version of things too because you let us see that Dean had a lot of regrets too and he missed Sam a lot. Sam and Dean were actually on the same page in so many ways. Adding the lyrics in was a great touch and made it really bittersweet. Thank-you so much for the lovely dedications at the beginning and ending of the fic too. You are an awesome friend :D
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Awesome oneshot.

I loved the way you tied the journal writings in with songs that the boys were hearing at the time. And we got to see what both boys were thinking thru their writings.

And I'm glad that you chose for Dean to go to Stanford at the end to see Sammy because it wouldn't have ended right otherwise!
Spoilerwolf chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Wow. Just... holy crap that was amazing! Loved the emotions you used for Sam and Dean. Awesome job, Funky!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
An awesome read.
SillyGreenOreos chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Funky! What a great fic! You have really captured Sam's emotions to a great level. This was a great story and the lyrics work perfectly! Keep on writing funky, your stuff is great! :)
perfectharmony22 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
wow

beautiful

amazing

arggh this fanfic was just so awesome! seriously something to be proud of! their feelings are described so vividly... and the lyrics fit perfectly with the story! even the ending is great, i usually dont read oneshots because they usually leave the ending so open, but this works...

not much else to say other than wow!
Stompy Bigfoot chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Oh My God. That was a fabulous. I was crying during this fic. OMG. I'm speechless. Anyway, good job, i'll be watching out for any new fics of yours,

cheers,

stompy
Sam666 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
This was great, I always got the feeling that Sam owuld have been lonely at first when he went to Stanford, and that the loss of Dean would have been os great to him.

Loved Dean's thoughs as well, wondering who exactly he was without his little brother to protect.