Reviews for For Every Evil 3
Book girl fan chapter 26 . 10/7/2014
For once, I'm glad I'm sick, because now I have an excuse for my eyes watering.
FluffPuffNuff chapter 27 . 8/9/2014
Thank you, thank you for this trilogy, Mirrordance.
I have no words to describe how wonderfully glorious this fanfic was.
All that I can say is 'thank you for writing this.' for now. Perhaps later, I can find it in myself to leave a more coherent review.

Fluffpuffnuff
Lauren Stargazer chapter 27 . 8/2/2014
Oh goodness. It's 1:30 in the morning and I have just finished reading FEE3 and I'm crying. Hey, not all tears are an evil.
I reread FEE1 and read FEE2 and 3 for the first time. I'm gonna be honest, I nearly didn't read the sequels at all because I didn't think they'd be anywhere near as good as the first. I'm glad I did read them, though. 1 is my favorite, but 2 and 3 are still excellent and definitely accomplished your overall goals for them.
I love the first For Every Evil because it parallels LOTR but it completely different at the same time. You introduce the characters and make them new, but at the same time they are pleasantly familiar and everything completely believable/consistent. I really, really admire all the little details and planning that went into the big picture.
FEE2 was really, really interesting. I liked seeing so much of Brad/Boromir. This story especially hits home because of what is going on with the current Ebola outbreak.
And finally, FEE3 accomplished both in wrapping up so that I am completely satisfied and in managing to rip my heart into a million little pieces. I enjoyed seeing a little of very character and the development of Legolas over time. I can't think of anything I would change with this story, actually. Everything has a reason and makes sense.
Thank you for absolutely everything. Thanks for sharing these incredible stories. Thanks for the afterwords with the outlines and notes; the careful planning you put into everything is SO obvious and inspires me to be a better planner and writer. But most of all, thanks for making me feel like a bigger person (I'm suddenly identifying with hobbits). FEE is a reminder: I can be whatever I want to be, I need to live life to its fullest, and should fight evils (whatever size or form they are) if it's in my power to do so.
Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/1/2014
I cherish this story you have given us for it has grown very close to my heart. Because of it, I view things differently, both in this world we live in and in my own life. I cannot find another way to explain other than it has taught me to SEE. And I thank you for that. Truly I do. It is stories like this that I feel everyone should read. It is not just an inane thing that someone spent five hours of their time on. You put your heart and soul into this story. And it has forever changed mine.
Guest chapter 27 . 5/24/2014
My Goodness the mind you have! I'm a little bit in love I think. You're a genius or at least you must be close to it because there is not a moment in your writing that is not utter perfection. The Afterword proves it to be so, the amount of depth you put into you're work, its fantastic. I wish there were another three to read because the last 48 hours have been dedicated to little else but For Every Evil 1,2 and 3.
A few years back or however long it was, I tried reading FFE1 but couldn't quite manage to get far. I'm glad I pushed myself to read it because I realise now that it wasn't the writing or story that was bad but my ability to understand such a complex story, that stopped me from continuing.
After completing number 1 and starting number 2 I realised that I needed to pay close attention and was delighted that nothing you foreshadowed was blearily obvious or clich├ęd.
I wonder if you've ever considered or worked on anything completely original because undoubtedly it would be a best seller!
Anyway I best sign off as I've made a fool of myself enough and hopefully shown my awe of your skills and mind
BlueDorid chapter 27 . 4/19/2014
I'm not sure if you're still active on but I just had to take the time to review. I'm really impressed with the structure and strong plot lines in all three fics. The themes throughout were presented with a surety and mastery not often found in fanfiction. The plot did not always progress the way I wished it would, but I truly appreciate the skill with which you crafted it.

There is something infinitely sad in the weight of Legolas' memory and the unstoppable march of time and change. This prevailing loneliness in remaining while people grow old and die and the world changes around him. It really felt like he was waking from a long sleep when his old friends were restored to him. There was a line in FEE that has stuck with me, "The man before him had Estel's face, Estel's wit. But he was not Estel himself. No one ever would be again." It is just the saddest line ever, and so beautiful. But for me those three brief sentences convey so powerfully the sense of loss and longing in Legolas.

I so very much enjoyed the fellowship between everybody. One of my favorite scenes (out of many) was the phone conversation between Gimli and Legolas about dying. It just reiterated all their history together. I also loved the scene with Aragorn sobbing over Legolas' whiteboard message with Gimli an accidental witness.

For some reason I just really disliked Anatalia and her family. Which is odd, because I loved all the other original characters, especially Montes and even Luisa. I suppose it's because I just found her completely unworthy of the ancient Peredhil line. And her father's disdain for Elladan probably compounded that feeling. Who are the Craxis to join a lineage that can be traced back to Thingol and Melian (a Maiar!). She is no Aragorn, that's for sure. Polluting the shades of Pemberly indeed, haha. However, I am not unhappy about her inclusion because she did have her part to play in the story. I am very glad you decided to keep her away from Valinor. There was one little niggling issue though. Legolas states that his true name is Legolas Greenleaf, but greenleaf is just the english translation of Legolas. I wish he had just left it at Legolas period. Or Legolas Thranduilion.

And so ends this long and rambling review, haaha. Thank you so much for writing! I have enjoyed these three stories greatly.
Apela chapter 27 . 4/16/2014
I just finished reading both FEE2 and FEE3 (I read FEE1 long ago, but I didn't notice there were sequels) and I have to say, your story is the best Legolas story I've read. I really liked the way you made everything both extraordinary and natural, in the sense that no one made weird decisions that no human/elf would ever have made, but these decisions were still the (logical) cause of some extraordinary events.

I really liked you idea of combining the old world with the new one, letting old characters reappear in the new world. They were very human, and yet, also very special. I really look forward to reading more of your work (as soon as I'm finally done with those damned exams).

You were worried about the Legomance. I have to say, I absolutely hate Legomance, like most people do. His relationship with Luisa was different though. It is wrong to not let Legolas fall in love just because Legomance is hated, and it's wrong to let him fall in love with a Mary Sue or another amazing girl that appears out of nowhere. You let Luisa be introduced through a promise to a man, not through just a chance meeting, which was good. Then you did not have them fight for eachothers attention, which was better, then she died without ever being together with Legolas, which is tragic, but fits the story well. All in all, I don't dislike Legomance when it's done this way.

Wow, I'm pretty sure this is the longest review I've ever written. But well, I'm reviewing the best story ever, so I guess it's only natural.
maupe chapter 27 . 3/25/2014
First, sorry for the mistakes, I use a translator. I can read English better than write.

This was the first modern Lotr fanfic that I've read to the end! The structure of your characters and their path was just consistent. Through all three stories through you headed for just this end, there was and is no other way for our heroes. No matter how much I cried at some points.

A big THANK you for this performance!
Salome Maranya chapter 27 . 3/20/2014
After everything Legolas has gone through, it just seemed...right (?) and gratifying (?) to have him begin clean slate. I had thought either he dies and is rehoused or he forgets everything and starts over.
Thank you for the story. It felt real, I would not have wanted it to be real but at the same time they felt as if the characters are within grasp - you may not know who you see along the way they might just be there -
I get how some people might not relish in the idea of a modernized ME and its characters, but you were brilliant, they were brilliant (although somehow Legolas is always caught up in some trouble that leaves him out of the action but the kind of center of the plot- having been shot, kidnapped, dying and all that).
LCAAS chapter 27 . 2/5/2014
How did I not know this story series existed? *has just read through all three whoops* I truly enjoyed your look into this world - your examining of how the Elves managed to fit in, how Legolas looks for purpose, and how our world would treat them if they knew - thank you. An excellent read all round.
Guest chapter 27 . 1/29/2014
Beautiful story! This is undoubtedly the very best group of modern-day LOTR stories I have ever read on the internet.
You, my friend, are a genius. Enough said. ;P

-NM
lifesrace chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Your story is so absolutely beautiful to me, I cannot even express it. I feel like even though all three of these stories are in such AU situations, the characterization is even more real to me than anything I have ever read before. I read these stories back before I had an account, but I find myself thinking about them all the time. Your words are so beautiful and thought-out that I find myself absorbing every line. The plot is incredibly unique and the general feeling of the story makes me connect really deeply with all the characters. Like when I think of Legolas and the others, I don't think about the movies or books, I actually think about your stories. What you have written really is amazing and thank you for writing such stunning stories :)
The Once Caged Bird chapter 27 . 5/23/2013
I don't think I will ever find a decent place to start. That good ole "where to begin?" as it were. I suppose I'll start the way you did, by telling a story. Though I assure you it will be far shorter.

I studied abroad last fall in Japan. I took 11 classes that met once a week and made quite a few new friends even as I kept up with my old ones that I had met in America. It turned out that one of these old, dear friends of mine would be traveling to Spain in November. We weren't surprised, he was always traveling and adventuring across the globe. However, it was likely going to be the last time we ever saw him. So, on a Friday night, a few days before he was set to leave, we all gathered outside the school and made our way to Shibuya, where the drinks are cheap and the entertainment is abundant. We of course went to dinner, had some drinks and all the food we could eat before we eventually found ourselves at a karaoke place. Being where it was, it came as no surprise that the place was a little on the seedy side, with stuffy rooms, smokey hallways, and grime in the bathroom that was best left unidentified. There were even fines listed for throwing up anywhere other than the restroom, getting into fights, and for breaking the glasses, etc. Least to say, they made a lot of money through their fines. Not that we cared - it was cheap and we were with friends and it was well worth it.

We ended up singing all night long.

When the sun finally came up, we all said our goodnights and goodbyes, some of them for the last time. We were exhausted and, as it wasn't quite daytime yet, we were freezing. Especially me, since at the time I had no proper coat. But it was good to breath the free air again.

The next day, my lungs were still raw from singing, or so I supposed. I dismissed it easily.

Two days later, I was coughing horribly.

It wasn't until I returned to the US nearly two months later that I learned I was sick with pneumonia.

The doctors in Japan thought I had a cold, and kept treating me with cold medicine, to little effect. I was coughing so hard and so often that my teachers began dismissing me from class, telling me to go home and sleep. Unfortunately, we only had 4 absences from each class, and over the months, I had partaken of most of those absences already. I couldn't afford to miss very many more. And there was little point in leaving the school as my dorm was 45 minutes away and most of my classes were back-to-back. Finally, it was right before finals. I had very little choice but to wait and hope it got better.

It got worse. Much worse.

I got to the point that I had coughed so hard, and so much, that the tissue surrounding my lungs became inflamed. I also pulled all the muscles across the left side of my chest and cracked one of my ribs. My lungs were so clogged with infection that I had to take incredibly deep breaths to get enough oxygen in me. But with my ribcage in the state it was, deep breaths weren't much of an option. But sneezing was the worst. It honestly felt like someone was using a God-sized hole-puncher on the left side of my chest. Eventually it got to the point where I was so exhausted and so sick, that I would wake up gasping because I'd stopped breathing. I should have, at that point, gotten a friend to take me to the hospital. Even though I'd been twice. I just hated to inconvenience my friends again. Besides, most of them didn't truly know how bad it was, since I joked about it so easily. But honestly, my doctors told me later that I should have been on oxygen. I know now that I was being almost dangerously stubborn because I despise showing weakness. I guess Legolas and I are alike in that way. It was just unfortunate that I didn't have an Estel to watch out for me.

It went on like this for a month or so. Then one night, right around my birthday, I got really bad, and I was honestly afraid to go to sleep. But as tired as I was, I couldn't force myself to stay awake. I'd read all the books I had, and I had no intention of trying to read my books in Japanese at that point. So I went online and by some stroke of luck, I came across For Every Evil.

I stayed up all night reading that story. Your story. It was intriguing, full of action, infinitely interesting, and most of all, it took my mind away from my problems. I can tell you I was never more grateful to a story for keeping me up all night. I won't be so dramatic as to say that this story saved my life or some other such nonsense, but I can say with confidence that it helped me through one of the worst nights I've ever had.

A few months passed, by some miracle I made it through my finals, made it back to the states, and got the antibiotics I so sorely needed. By mid-February, I was basically back at full health. By then though, I was struggling with my more difficult classes and I decided not to read any books or fanfiction until the semester was over. Because of that decision, I didn't go back to look at any of the stories I'd read, so I never actually realized you had sequels to FEE. It took me by surprise. By happy surprise. And I have spent the past few days reading your other two stories. I haven't been so absorbed in a storyline since... well, the first FEE. And as I sat here, finished with your trilogy at last, I remembered the first time I read your story, and the circumstances surrounding that time.

I really just wanted to share that experience with you, and let you know that, while most situations aren't as extreme as mine was, I - and many of the other readers on this site - have the greatest admiration and respect for you and the other brave writers here. Stories like this are the means by which we can take a few hours and go into another world. We can enjoy your ideas and your unique twists on characters that we already love enormously... and even fall in love with characters of your own creation. And I can honestly say that I have quite thoroughly loved this series.

I plan to review the stories themselves later. Though by now you've surely heard all the comments and praises that I could ever lavish on them. I'll still do it because I want to. I don't even know if you still come on to Fanfiction, or if you ever look back at these stories you created. I know it's been awhile, and I know life changes.

Thank you, very, very much. For helping me out without even realizing it and for being one of those incredible writers that I so admire. I hope that someday, somehow you choose to continue. You certainly have the ability.

Now I'm off to review your lovely stories... where all this gushing started in the first place.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 27 . 5/21/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it! I definitely teared up when Ana decided to stay behind and send Elladan to Valinor. I actually thought that was the saddest part of the whole thing. I liked the way you ended it though. It felt very complete, although I would have definitely liked to have seen a reunion between Elladan and Ana and the kids. I can't imagine him not coming back to see them someday.

Just so you know, you have some typos sprinkled throughout the story. If you fix them, the story will be absolutely perfect :)
x-Hephaestus-x chapter 27 . 12/31/2012
You made me cry at elladan and anas goodbye. How could you do that? The ironic thing is though its new year and everyone is celebrating and im crying cause two fictional elves split up. But you write so well I i felt I knew them from their first meeting in FEE1 to the end and it feel like im saying goodbye to a person. Infact im tearing up just writing this. Thanks for such a great story is what i guess im basically trying to say. So, thanks.