Reviews for For Every Evil 3
Luiniliel chapter 27 . 11/12
It maybe took me 10 years to finish this trilogy.
I read FEE 1 and 2 in high school, and possibly college, but I could never get into FEE 3. It was just too sad and difficult for me to get into. I didn't want to read about Legolas injured.
However, I'm glad that I finally finished it.
It was such a successfully written story. It truly holds up to time. The main plot of FEE 2 also felt current due to the just recently, and miraculously finished, Ebola epidemic in Africa. I now believe we have a vaccine to treat this deadly disease. Which also was strangely forecasted by your story.
Overall this was just brilliant.
The dramatization of Legolas through Elizabethan England was really something to read.
I enjoyed this so much.
I really think that you could edit these and submit to a publisher. I would read FEE2 as a stand alone novel.
indigoblueoO chapter 1 . 8/19
I think this is one of the best I have read. Cancel that. The best. I rarely write reviews unless I really enjoyed it. And I was so hesitant to read the end. But there is no ending, its just where the story stops :D
Love this story! Thank you for writing it. It makes me tear up a bit. I find it oddly amusing that Waitress Jackie was undoubtedly my favourite character.
ninde chapter 27 . 6/29
eres un genio. aunque mi inglés no es bueno, no he podido contenerme y he leido este fic en dos días...he tenido todos los sentimientos y emociones que se pueden imaginar...excelente verdad las amo...gracias
Book girl fan chapter 26 . 10/7/2014
For once, I'm glad I'm sick, because now I have an excuse for my eyes watering.
FluffPuffNuff chapter 27 . 8/9/2014
Thank you, thank you for this trilogy, Mirrordance.
I have no words to describe how wonderfully glorious this fanfic was.
All that I can say is 'thank you for writing this.' for now. Perhaps later, I can find it in myself to leave a more coherent review.

Lauren Stargazer chapter 27 . 8/2/2014
Oh goodness. It's 1:30 in the morning and I have just finished reading FEE3 and I'm crying. Hey, not all tears are an evil.
I reread FEE1 and read FEE2 and 3 for the first time. I'm gonna be honest, I nearly didn't read the sequels at all because I didn't think they'd be anywhere near as good as the first. I'm glad I did read them, though. 1 is my favorite, but 2 and 3 are still excellent and definitely accomplished your overall goals for them.
I love the first For Every Evil because it parallels LOTR but it completely different at the same time. You introduce the characters and make them new, but at the same time they are pleasantly familiar and everything completely believable/consistent. I really, really admire all the little details and planning that went into the big picture.
FEE2 was really, really interesting. I liked seeing so much of Brad/Boromir. This story especially hits home because of what is going on with the current Ebola outbreak.
And finally, FEE3 accomplished both in wrapping up so that I am completely satisfied and in managing to rip my heart into a million little pieces. I enjoyed seeing a little of very character and the development of Legolas over time. I can't think of anything I would change with this story, actually. Everything has a reason and makes sense.
Thank you for absolutely everything. Thanks for sharing these incredible stories. Thanks for the afterwords with the outlines and notes; the careful planning you put into everything is SO obvious and inspires me to be a better planner and writer. But most of all, thanks for making me feel like a bigger person (I'm suddenly identifying with hobbits). FEE is a reminder: I can be whatever I want to be, I need to live life to its fullest, and should fight evils (whatever size or form they are) if it's in my power to do so.
Thank you so much.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/1/2014
I cherish this story you have given us for it has grown very close to my heart. Because of it, I view things differently, both in this world we live in and in my own life. I cannot find another way to explain other than it has taught me to SEE. And I thank you for that. Truly I do. It is stories like this that I feel everyone should read. It is not just an inane thing that someone spent five hours of their time on. You put your heart and soul into this story. And it has forever changed mine.
Guest chapter 27 . 5/24/2014
My Goodness the mind you have! I'm a little bit in love I think. You're a genius or at least you must be close to it because there is not a moment in your writing that is not utter perfection. The Afterword proves it to be so, the amount of depth you put into you're work, its fantastic. I wish there were another three to read because the last 48 hours have been dedicated to little else but For Every Evil 1,2 and 3.
A few years back or however long it was, I tried reading FFE1 but couldn't quite manage to get far. I'm glad I pushed myself to read it because I realise now that it wasn't the writing or story that was bad but my ability to understand such a complex story, that stopped me from continuing.
After completing number 1 and starting number 2 I realised that I needed to pay close attention and was delighted that nothing you foreshadowed was blearily obvious or clichéd.
I wonder if you've ever considered or worked on anything completely original because undoubtedly it would be a best seller!
Anyway I best sign off as I've made a fool of myself enough and hopefully shown my awe of your skills and mind
BlueDorid chapter 27 . 4/19/2014
I'm not sure if you're still active on but I just had to take the time to review. I'm really impressed with the structure and strong plot lines in all three fics. The themes throughout were presented with a surety and mastery not often found in fanfiction. The plot did not always progress the way I wished it would, but I truly appreciate the skill with which you crafted it.

There is something infinitely sad in the weight of Legolas' memory and the unstoppable march of time and change. This prevailing loneliness in remaining while people grow old and die and the world changes around him. It really felt like he was waking from a long sleep when his old friends were restored to him. There was a line in FEE that has stuck with me, "The man before him had Estel's face, Estel's wit. But he was not Estel himself. No one ever would be again." It is just the saddest line ever, and so beautiful. But for me those three brief sentences convey so powerfully the sense of loss and longing in Legolas.

I so very much enjoyed the fellowship between everybody. One of my favorite scenes (out of many) was the phone conversation between Gimli and Legolas about dying. It just reiterated all their history together. I also loved the scene with Aragorn sobbing over Legolas' whiteboard message with Gimli an accidental witness.

For some reason I just really disliked Anatalia and her family. Which is odd, because I loved all the other original characters, especially Montes and even Luisa. I suppose it's because I just found her completely unworthy of the ancient Peredhil line. And her father's disdain for Elladan probably compounded that feeling. Who are the Craxis to join a lineage that can be traced back to Thingol and Melian (a Maiar!). She is no Aragorn, that's for sure. Polluting the shades of Pemberly indeed, haha. However, I am not unhappy about her inclusion because she did have her part to play in the story. I am very glad you decided to keep her away from Valinor. There was one little niggling issue though. Legolas states that his true name is Legolas Greenleaf, but greenleaf is just the english translation of Legolas. I wish he had just left it at Legolas period. Or Legolas Thranduilion.

And so ends this long and rambling review, haaha. Thank you so much for writing! I have enjoyed these three stories greatly.
Apela chapter 27 . 4/16/2014
I just finished reading both FEE2 and FEE3 (I read FEE1 long ago, but I didn't notice there were sequels) and I have to say, your story is the best Legolas story I've read. I really liked the way you made everything both extraordinary and natural, in the sense that no one made weird decisions that no human/elf would ever have made, but these decisions were still the (logical) cause of some extraordinary events.

I really liked you idea of combining the old world with the new one, letting old characters reappear in the new world. They were very human, and yet, also very special. I really look forward to reading more of your work (as soon as I'm finally done with those damned exams).

You were worried about the Legomance. I have to say, I absolutely hate Legomance, like most people do. His relationship with Luisa was different though. It is wrong to not let Legolas fall in love just because Legomance is hated, and it's wrong to let him fall in love with a Mary Sue or another amazing girl that appears out of nowhere. You let Luisa be introduced through a promise to a man, not through just a chance meeting, which was good. Then you did not have them fight for eachothers attention, which was better, then she died without ever being together with Legolas, which is tragic, but fits the story well. All in all, I don't dislike Legomance when it's done this way.

Wow, I'm pretty sure this is the longest review I've ever written. But well, I'm reviewing the best story ever, so I guess it's only natural.
maupe chapter 27 . 3/25/2014
First, sorry for the mistakes, I use a translator. I can read English better than write.

This was the first modern Lotr fanfic that I've read to the end! The structure of your characters and their path was just consistent. Through all three stories through you headed for just this end, there was and is no other way for our heroes. No matter how much I cried at some points.

A big THANK you for this performance!
Salome Maranya chapter 27 . 3/20/2014
After everything Legolas has gone through, it just seemed...right (?) and gratifying (?) to have him begin clean slate. I had thought either he dies and is rehoused or he forgets everything and starts over.
Thank you for the story. It felt real, I would not have wanted it to be real but at the same time they felt as if the characters are within grasp - you may not know who you see along the way they might just be there -
I get how some people might not relish in the idea of a modernized ME and its characters, but you were brilliant, they were brilliant (although somehow Legolas is always caught up in some trouble that leaves him out of the action but the kind of center of the plot- having been shot, kidnapped, dying and all that).
LCAAS chapter 27 . 2/5/2014
How did I not know this story series existed? *has just read through all three whoops* I truly enjoyed your look into this world - your examining of how the Elves managed to fit in, how Legolas looks for purpose, and how our world would treat them if they knew - thank you. An excellent read all round.
Guest chapter 27 . 1/29/2014
Beautiful story! This is undoubtedly the very best group of modern-day LOTR stories I have ever read on the internet.
You, my friend, are a genius. Enough said. ;P