Reviews for The Third of December
Snow'sLuckyCat chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Awesome fic, dude! :) I usually don't like

Marths fics (partly because I found Canon!

Martha to be a bit too whiny at times), but

you make her seem likable and awesome. :)

And I love that Ten always comes to visit

her on her b-day AND Christmas. :) It's all

quite utterly and completely adorable, really. ;)

One thing tho (NOT that it matters much

in the long run, but...). This letter of

The Doctor's reads as if it's definitely

Nine talking, and NOT Ten:

"Miss Jones, I do hope you enjoy your silly

little ape tradition, and if your memory is

as good as you claim, I would avoid the pork

and apple stuffing. Stick with sage and onion

and all will be fine.

From your ever-marvellous Doctor.

P.S. I apologise for my shoddy wrapping,

I don’t really do presents.

P.P.S. It’s under your tree, you stupid,

materialistic ape."

On This Letter of Yours Vs. Canon!Ten:

He's NEVER called humans 'stupid apes.' Thick, or

you humans, yes. But, stupid or apes or stupid apes?

NEVAH! Especially not when referring to any of his

companions. And not even in jest either. (Only Nine

did the 'stupid ape' name-calling, and he usually

meant it, when he did so.)

He'd name himself 'ever-brilliant' well BEFORE 'ever-

marvellous.' (Marvellous seems more of a 5th or 6th or

8th Doctor-y thing to say...)

And, lastly, Ten LOVES Christmas (and other human

holidays too), and even celebrated it with The Tylers

once, WITHOUT first having been FORCED to participate.

Just see near the end of 2.00 The Christmas Invasion,

and you'll see what I mean... :) So, again, he would

not denigrate down to them by calling it a 'silly

little ape tradition' (even if it WAS only in jest).

NINE would've no doubt done that though. ;)

Oh, well. :) Again and overall, this was still a

wonderful and lovely fic! Ergo - BRAVO! *huggles*

Sharma,

faving this and you! :D
Aoluas Anminti chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I'm enjoying your stories very much, but I do wish you'd label them according to character. People would find them much easier, and I personally would have found them months ago. I don't wade through FFN's unfiltered lists, and I couldn't possibly get to read every story summary if I did, so I look for stories involving characters I like.

This, for instance, I think belongs more under the Romance genre, and ought to have some indication that it involves Martha and the Tenth Doctor. Otherwise, it does tend to get lost in the maze of other stories, doesn't it?
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
It took some time, but he finally stayed till the next morning.

Thanks for writing.
Candace chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I love your Martha/ Doctor stories. I am just watching season 3 now, and I love the Martha and the Doctor as a pair. Tennant is just so cute and cheeky.

This story was very well written and sweet.
Lucille chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Well, it makes sense that the Doctor and Martha have a real romance of sorts but I'm trouble by the fact that she doesn't ask, nor does he offer to at least be her boyfriend. Husband would be better (I don't care what excuses about aging he comes up with, so what?). Why is Martha expected to exist without him in her life all the time and not just twice a year. How could the Doctor expect that Martha would always be available to him and doesn't he think she deserves to him there for her all the time and not just twice a year? Otherwise, your story was great, romantic in fact. I'm glad at least the Doctor brought Martha gifts for Christmas and her birthday. I've never read nor seen on the television show the Doctor ever giving Martha anything but a hard time.
bristow860 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Oh my god. This is amazing. You are the best writer i've read on here. I love this so much, you can feel the two of them falling in love! This is fantastic as are all of your other stories. Please keep writing!
Lauraisace chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Brilliant. Really well written and I loved the use of the time and the clocks. Fantastic 10/10 :)
eleroo02 chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
That was just absolutely lovely...
lightsabermaster chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
I must say I loved this story! I'm very much not a Ten/Martha shipper but it works so well here. Brilliant use of the time, by the way. :)

All the best,

-LM
RoxxiSanders chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Wow, loved it!

I especially loved the way that he was still there at the end!

Definately one of my favourites...one of the best Ten/Martha fics i think i have ever read. Wonderful.

Luffles, huggles and chocolate chip cookies!

x
Caeline chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Simply, beautiful. It was perfect.
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
very sweet, the way you edged them together throughout the story. I liked the way you used the clock as punctuation - it heightened the contast between MArtha, taking the slow road, and the Doctor, slave to no clock.
ShanniC chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Cute story, despite the fact that Martha was nothing but a booty call!
Eliche chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
Great work.
Jay the Nerd Kid chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
This is just perfect - one of the most beautiful Ten/Martha stories I've ever seen. Everything from the characterisation to the imagery is just so spot-on. I was drawn in from the first word. Definitely adding this to my favourites.
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »