Reviews for Dying to Catch My Breath
xoxokiss210 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
perfect :)
DBCrazy chapter 16 . 5/18/2009
I really enjoyed you letting me tag along on this ride! Your story had it all ... humor, tribulation, hope, despair and understanding (not in any particular order). The part that has remained with me most vividly since I read it (finished several days ago) is Brennan's need to clutch onto Booth, and how that was such a healing ritual for her. I'm sure it had a beneficial effect on Booth too, evidenced by his need to assume a similar position when she dressed his wounds. (I know it could do me a world of good!) Thank you.
missdebra87 chapter 16 . 5/14/2009
I came in search of an amazing fic, stumbled upon this, and absolutely loved it. Yes, the time stamps threw me off at first, but it was amazing. And yes, I realize you wrote this almost 2 years ago.. lol but it was still amazing.
WriterC chapter 16 . 1/4/2009
WOW that was really great. I've enjoyed every single chapter and your writing is very good. It's refreshing to read an in-character story again, written by someone who actually minds her spelling! You've captured the relationship - especially the unspoken one - between Booth and Brennan brilliantly. I could also tell you find it important to update regularly (my own standard is once a week, too ;) ) and I think that's only fair to your readers and will keep them interested. All in all; this was brilliant! Now I'm off to check out your other work. Good luck with the writing!
To Carve Love on Her Arms chapter 11 . 10/12/2008
this scene is in my mind. and weirdly enough, bones has a british accent. hm, i wonder where that came from.
thewhiterose3 chapter 16 . 9/28/2008
Your story has just stolen my afternoon and I have loved every minute of it. So much emotion and growing together without a single kiss, I applaud you.

Thank you.
allymcnally chapter 16 . 4/10/2008
Your stories are amazingly written, though they confuse the hell out of me...in a good way.
mistopher chapter 16 . 2/6/2008
ok so i just read this whole story tonight in one sitting its now almost 4am and im really tired but i LOVED this story! Icouldnt stop reading it. i found you because of Strappado but i love your stories!
bandbforever chapter 16 . 12/7/2007
Heya Niah. Sorry I haven't reviewed in ages, I've been so busy with exams and I've not been feeling well. I'm so glad that Brennan and Booth managed to help each other through their problems in the end. I loved the way you ended this piece. I'm off to r&r the next of your brilliant stories. :D
saragillie chapter 16 . 11/26/2007
This story is amazing and very well written. Somehow I lost several hours while reading it. :-)
kmmp99 chapter 16 . 11/5/2007
*sniffles* It's actually over? *sniffles* Well Lacey, it has been quite the amazing ride with you & our B&B! Standing ovation for a job well done!

See ya on Nov. 15th:) :) :)
BonesDBchippie chapter 16 . 11/4/2007
niah,

HERE's your tissue hon...*sniff* and one for me...and that was MARVELOUS! I'll be honest and say NOT really the ending that I expected-BUT after some MAJOR thought and consideration as to what that expectation would be...I DON'T think you could of written it ANY MORE PERFECTLY! It encompassed so many things and revealed so much that it truly left one with a warmth and satisfaction of rightness, healing and connection and a future of things to come! * W O W *! GREAT JOB! Hm, is your new fic a sequel? OR will there be a sequel to this one? CUZ you certainly left (I feel) room for one if you desired to do so! Well, whatever it is I'll keep my eyes peeled for it! *Deep BREATH!* Sigh! TERRIFIC FIC!

G :D
Limone chapter 16 . 11/4/2007
A beautiful story that I will return to and re-read, maybe all in one go. I discovered it after a few chapters and reading them in a row was a wonderful reading experience.

In chapter 16 I particularly liked Brennan returning and finding her flat exactly as she left it, somehow we always think when crucial events take place in our lives the things around us will change too.

Thank you for sharing a fantastic story. I was happy to hear there is a new one on its way.
labsquint chapter 16 . 11/3/2007
So they are finally going home and now, for the first time, Brennan doesn't feel the freedom of being on the open road with Booth, she's really feeling nervous and tense. But she knows how to sooth herself, she's learned over the past time alone with Booth that he is her answer: "the solid feel of him in her arms confirmed he was still with her and she could let go of her fears and hold on to him instead."

Great picture of Booth entering the scene on the Harley, riding to the rescue as it were. He knows her so well ("You," he said as he turned his stare on her, "have trouble breathing.") and knows what she needs - a road trip with him. He can also see in himself that he needs it as well and has the confidence to do what needs doing to get her to go with him.

And it seems as if he's owned the bike all along; we just haven't known about it and neither has Brennan (gotta love a man of mystery!). He certainly has the knowledge of what it feels to be out on the open road with it and wants to be able to share that freedom and the possibilities it engenders with Brennan.

I particularly liked how you described them as they were leaving DC: "They exited the parking lot and disappeared into the light like two ghosts-like two wounded souls on the search of healing, enlightenment, and revelations." And then bookended that with then coming back to her apartment. Very effective.

Brennan's view of her apartment shows how much she's changed over the past 10 days. But doubtlessly, her biggest change is that her view of 'home' has changed from a place to a person - Booth. These in particular were wonderful words from her to Booth: "George Moore once wrote 'A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it'. I needed breathing room. The only times in the past weeks I felt safe breathing was when I was with you. You provided me what I needed...breathing room. Ergo, you're home to me." Very moving.

And you, the queen of subtlety, has left the ending open, but we knew where they are moving as far as their relationship goes. And I LOVE the fact that they're keeping the Harley. It opens up the possibility that even though they are back and returning to their normal lives, that they will always have a way to disappear together in a way that gives them total freedom for themselves and with each other.

::sigh:: And it's over. Thank you for writing such a beautifully emotional story that really explored the psyches of our favourite duo. And gave us some hot images of Booth on that Harley dressed in leather! :) It's hard for an author to complete a story like that after so many months, so take a few moments yourself to breathe before getting back on the horse...uh...Harley again and starting into Strappado. But I, for one, am really looking forward to see that story!
fanofbones chapter 16 . 11/2/2007
Wow...words can't describe how I feel about this fic lacey...you know I don't have the big, fancy words to convey to you how brilliant your writing was on this...but it has been a pleasure the last 17 weeks or so taking this ride with you...

I feel honored that you let me sneak in and enjoy this little slice of your life, even though we are a world apart...

Somehow I get the feeling that Booth and Bren were not alone on that Harley and you have done alittle healing of your own writing this fic... ;)

The ending was pure lacey and it was my favorite of all the chapters...I knew you would end it like that...open with so much promise...which come to think of it..descibes you to a tee..well in my eyes at least...which means sweetie...you aint no where near done and the world better look out...OK this is starting to sound sappy...sorry...hugs to you girl...this was truly amazing and I hope you are flying high proud of yourself...you deserve it...

I can't wait for your next fic...I love the journeys you take me on...so thrilling...I did the math on the date for your next one too...lacey's thursdays...how wonderful...

Note: Thanks for thinking of me and including my fantasy at the end ;) lol...honey isn't that every woman's fantasy?

hugs lace