Reviews for Tiberium Wars
fatdude chapter 7 . 2/28/2008
again as i have said multiple times. your fanfics rock. the detail of everything rocks.

one question.. thats why it takes a while for you to wite them?
Hawki chapter 7 . 2/21/2008
I'm afraid that I have to agree with Aurum, that the chapter has a vibe akin to that of a plot summary. A silver lining however, is that this is not so much due to the writing as it is due to the format and contrast.

As an RTS, C&C lends itself to a summary format, the fact that the major characters are commanding adding to the emphasis. The thing is however, is that a great deal of the fic has featured the frontline grunts. This in itself is a very good thing and you've pulled off the diversity well. With that suddenly removed while still in the same overall battle for B-2 however, the experience can feel akin to a vacuum, lacking substance.

Another issue was the segmented nature of the chapter. I could easily be wrong, but the chapter appears to hold the record for line breakers and scene shifts, leading to a disjointed experience at times. An example of this is the dreadnought; it's a big issue within its own section and rightly so. However, it's generally confined to this section only, fading into obscurity for the rest of the chapter. No doubt it will be brought up again in the future, but it lacked the 'till next time' feel that plot points within chapters should bear with them.

Anyway, a good chapter overall, but with a segmented feel.

Concerning the upcoming game, it's perhaps not that surprising that walkers are included. RAID (forget what it stands for, but the title sets it all) would require quick deployment and for all their shortcomings, walkers lend themselves well to that. Of course, the Titans' similarities to the Metal Gear GECKOs from MGS4 is another matter...
Hawki chapter 6 . 2/21/2008
Possibly intentional, possibly not, but there appeared to be a fantasy-esque vibe in the chapter, given the nature of the breaching of the zone wall. More of an observation than a judgement really; the Command and Conquer Series is science fiction as opposed to science fantasy ( although Red Alert may be an exception there), though mechanized walkers lend themselves well to that sort of thing. Regardless, kudos just the same.

It was a small but appreciated touch with the inclusion of the light infantry as part of Rawne's guard. It's a general tendency in RTS based writing to stick to game units, even to the point of detriment. Even for forces as minor as light infantry, it shows flexability. After all, it probably wouldn't be the wisest move for Nod to rely wholly on lightly trained militia in place of regular forces.

Of course, what Rawne was doing so close to the frontlines is another matter. Also, you mention his bodyguard as carrying laser weapons; the stickler inside me prompts me to ask whether these are the Pulse Rifles from TW2 or more advanced weaponry such as the T7.

Another thing that caught my eye was what was an apparant error. It's stated that Sergeant Keith is the commander of Blunt's platoon, courtesy of the lieutenant copping it. To my knowledge, wouldn't such command be taken over by a Staff Sergeant as opposed to a regular one, who are regulated to lead squads? I could very well be wrong, but I was just wondering. If I'm under false pretences about military organisation, I wouldn't oppose having them rectified. _

Of course, this is about the chapter itself, not curiosities. Of course, with the bulk of this review being observations, that curiosities may have taken over the chapter already. Still, it's a general given that it's easier to criticize than to praise and there's not really anything in this chapter that prompts the former. Still, I'm guessing that anything's better than "great chapter, update soon!"

Regardless, great job just the same.
Ganheim chapter 7 . 2/17/2008
Chapter VI: Airborne

making it difficult to decisively destroy thier capabilities.

[Spelling: their.]

I'm considering outright skipping a number of missions that don't have a huge amount of storyline relevance.

[I second the motion.]

The same good writing I've come to expect of you, I only had one small typo to point out. Bravo.

God bless and happy writing,

Ganheim
Obelisk of Light chapter 7 . 2/17/2008
Oh, wow! I'm finding this novelisation an absolute treat to read, despite not having played the game yet or read the novel. I especially love your attention to detail, and the brief switch to Kane's point of view in one of the earlier chapters was a pleasant surprise. I'm eagerly looking forward to read more of the story as and when you post it.
Cameron chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
i have only skimed the prologue, my attention fixiated upon the Brotherhood, but I can say this: I LOVE YOU! Being a Nod fanatic, I will continue to observe this and offer any information and Nod-related critism that I can. Seriously, Peace through Power.
eliteElite chapter 7 . 2/11/2008
Wow, simply amazing. Can't wait for that naval battle to take place, and I'm really excitied for when GDI really takes the counter attack up and starts their counter invasions in NOD territory, I can't wait for NOD's grand temple to fall. That will be awesome.
Korsriddare chapter 7 . 2/9/2008
Interesting chapter, particularly your description of the GDI air and naval assets. I do wonder if Skull Squadron is a reference, but the name itself is fitting.

Looking forward to your elaboration of the fall of DC, and hopefully the engagement between the GDI fleet and the Nod Dreadnought.
General Aurum chapter 7 . 2/8/2008
Well, well, it's nice to read some more of your work, Peptuck. This chapter still holds up to your usual standards, I'm happy to report, though there are a few negative aspects which happened to stand out to me.

The chapter started out quite well, (your "sledgehammer and cheese" analogy was excellent) but shortly thereafter, it seemed like the action became more and more summarized. You begin with descriptions of Nod's forces sweeping over the area like a black and red tide, yet when the Fourth touches down, it's mostly "business as usual." I guess I was expecting more than a few paragraphs describing the fight for the air base, given the amount of preparation going into the landing.

Karrde's decision to send two platoons to rescue the downed pilot also struck me as a little odd, given the situation you described. I fully understand Karrde's motivations, but sending them in without any additional support or anything seems a little too risky (at least in my opinion) considering the sheer number of Nod forces they will apparently be up against. Having to extract a hundred pinned-down soldiers is a lot harder than trying to rescue a single pilot. Granted, I don't know what you've got planned, so if the next chapter involves the complete annihilation of Nod forces from the area surrounding the crash, then I have no problem, but right now it seems this is a situation which will only get worse.

Finally (and least importantly), I have a bit of nitpicking to do concerning the dialogue between Major Hagen and Lieutenant Fariq, which suggests that there is a "rear tail fan" on the Orca. While this was true in previous C&C games, it isn't the case with the C&C 3 Orca. If this was meant to read "rear tail fins," then there would be no inconsistency, so if this is merely a typo, well... nothing more to be said, I guess.

Anyway, that's about all I can see with this chapter. Hope to see the next one soon.
Ghost chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Oh yeah, waiting for Havoc to kick some ass as well!
Ghost chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Love this story, I really like the whole "history" of the Tiberium conflict. I'm rooting for GDI over Nod!
Dr. Mancusio chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Refusing to log in because it's late where I am and I'm lazy.

Still, a great read as always. I can mention that I wasn't certain whether or not those GDI reinforcements who flanked Rawne came from the flown-in units or not, but that's the only pick I have with it: everything else was a respectable opening: frantic and laden with "OSHI!" moments from the suffering soldiers and Commanders. Of course, we both know that the tutorial is, plot-wise, obliged to be the 'quiet moment' of any game, even in tension: I'll be hugely impressed if you break beyond that (though I do believe everyone else is waiting for the commando Lt. Fullerton's stand against the Scrin in Stuttfield when the Scrin come.)

On a side note, I'm interested to see how you'll handle the other characters in the game: while everyone takes love for Kane as a given, I felt rather fond of the other groups like Granger, who actually gave more meaning to GDI than just "the good guys", and even Ajay who gave that sense of comraderie; I'd go into it further but I've other things I'd like to mention.

Also, some good news and some other news which might be bad: the good news being that there's a new C&C game in development in case you haven't heard - Tiberium being the present name - and it sounds incredible right now: a First Person Tactical. Think Renegade, only with more than just a C&C skin and with *actual strategy* present: you get your army to command in a way that resembles both C&C and Republic Commando in equal measure, and it's set at the moment the Scrin begin to unleash their invasion.

The "bad" news? Vega's the protagonist. BUT a Commando. Though already I see differences between how the developers wanted to portray him, and how DeCandido ended up doing: subtle at the moment, but still nice all the same.

Anywho, I'm still eagerly awaiting the next chapter, but I've no problem waiting. Keep going, Pep.
Chief Ratchet chapter 6 . 1/24/2008
Great chapter!

Nothing really worth picking over, it was that good of a job. You still describe things fantastically, and I have nothing left to say. Can't wait for the introduction of the Mammoth Tanks! By the way, how are you going to do the single commando missions? Are they going to follow the Commando around, or just sit back somewhere issuing orders?

Update soon!
Akatsuki Leader13 chapter 5 . 1/7/2008
this great story. I agree with you on the CNC 3 novel the only good thing he did was bring McNeil back. hey when you had the one guy say "like Stalin or Romanov" were you referencing the Red Alert series?
Panzerfaust26 chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Thank you SO much for taking the time to write this. Like you I was utterly disappointed by the CNC3 novel; the fight with the Scrin near the end was just painful to read. I was extreamly disappointed with the lack of Nod content too.

Your story is awesome; the way you describe the battles is amazing. Ill be very excited to see the Stealth Tanks raze the battlefield in your next chapter...
486 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 .. Last Next »