Reviews for Tiberium Wars
Falls-44 chapter 7 . 5/25/2008
Great novelization thus far. I think the history of the third Tiberium conflict is definitely the most interesting. I can't wait until the Scrin get involved...

Also, I'm looking forward to Havoc ripping into Nod with a vengeance!

Update soon, good work.
Northern-megas chapter 5 . 5/19/2008
To make things clear, I have not read DeCandidio's novel. And probably won't. Nor have I played C&C Commando (AKA Havoc).

Now I do find your story far more interesting then other C&C fics, and I would like to see more.

But I would like to comment that the Steel Talons sub-faction of G.D.I. (see Kane's wrath) still use war walkers from TW2 (Titans plus rail guns upgrades pain).

And I have said so not to discourage you, but the opposite. As an attempt to support you, and to let you know it's fine to bring them back.

Keep up the great work

Luck Runs out. Skill Doesn't.
Cant Namemyself chapter 6 . 5/13/2008
MAMMOTH TANK!
Eldarone chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
Hey Peptuck, great story! The guys on the Spacebattles forum found it and been saying it's one of the best CNC fics they've read. I am inclined to agree. No errors can be seen, and good use of detail and description to bring out the characters.

I am rather off-put by the Novelization bashing though. It just seems a little too mean spirited.

Nevertheless, I found the work to be extremely satisfactory. it's nice to see you reacting against the Novelization, by writing up a better work. Good use of energy, I like that.
Cant Namemyself chapter 7 . 5/12/2008
Well...

I wish I could write like you.

It's like Sci-Fi Tom Clancy.
jpdt19 chapter 7 . 5/12/2008
Wonderful!
dragondude08 chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
brilliant. way better than Keith DeCandido's novel of it.

nothing more to say
fatdude chapter 7 . 2/28/2008
again as i have said multiple times. your fanfics rock. the detail of everything rocks.

one question.. thats why it takes a while for you to wite them?
Hawki chapter 7 . 2/21/2008
I'm afraid that I have to agree with Aurum, that the chapter has a vibe akin to that of a plot summary. A silver lining however, is that this is not so much due to the writing as it is due to the format and contrast.

As an RTS, C&C lends itself to a summary format, the fact that the major characters are commanding adding to the emphasis. The thing is however, is that a great deal of the fic has featured the frontline grunts. This in itself is a very good thing and you've pulled off the diversity well. With that suddenly removed while still in the same overall battle for B-2 however, the experience can feel akin to a vacuum, lacking substance.

Another issue was the segmented nature of the chapter. I could easily be wrong, but the chapter appears to hold the record for line breakers and scene shifts, leading to a disjointed experience at times. An example of this is the dreadnought; it's a big issue within its own section and rightly so. However, it's generally confined to this section only, fading into obscurity for the rest of the chapter. No doubt it will be brought up again in the future, but it lacked the 'till next time' feel that plot points within chapters should bear with them.

Anyway, a good chapter overall, but with a segmented feel.

Concerning the upcoming game, it's perhaps not that surprising that walkers are included. RAID (forget what it stands for, but the title sets it all) would require quick deployment and for all their shortcomings, walkers lend themselves well to that. Of course, the Titans' similarities to the Metal Gear GECKOs from MGS4 is another matter...
Hawki chapter 6 . 2/21/2008
Possibly intentional, possibly not, but there appeared to be a fantasy-esque vibe in the chapter, given the nature of the breaching of the zone wall. More of an observation than a judgement really; the Command and Conquer Series is science fiction as opposed to science fantasy ( although Red Alert may be an exception there), though mechanized walkers lend themselves well to that sort of thing. Regardless, kudos just the same.

It was a small but appreciated touch with the inclusion of the light infantry as part of Rawne's guard. It's a general tendency in RTS based writing to stick to game units, even to the point of detriment. Even for forces as minor as light infantry, it shows flexability. After all, it probably wouldn't be the wisest move for Nod to rely wholly on lightly trained militia in place of regular forces.

Of course, what Rawne was doing so close to the frontlines is another matter. Also, you mention his bodyguard as carrying laser weapons; the stickler inside me prompts me to ask whether these are the Pulse Rifles from TW2 or more advanced weaponry such as the T7.

Another thing that caught my eye was what was an apparant error. It's stated that Sergeant Keith is the commander of Blunt's platoon, courtesy of the lieutenant copping it. To my knowledge, wouldn't such command be taken over by a Staff Sergeant as opposed to a regular one, who are regulated to lead squads? I could very well be wrong, but I was just wondering. If I'm under false pretences about military organisation, I wouldn't oppose having them rectified. _

Of course, this is about the chapter itself, not curiosities. Of course, with the bulk of this review being observations, that curiosities may have taken over the chapter already. Still, it's a general given that it's easier to criticize than to praise and there's not really anything in this chapter that prompts the former. Still, I'm guessing that anything's better than "great chapter, update soon!"

Regardless, great job just the same.
Ganheim chapter 7 . 2/17/2008
Chapter VI: Airborne

making it difficult to decisively destroy thier capabilities.

[Spelling: their.]

I'm considering outright skipping a number of missions that don't have a huge amount of storyline relevance.

[I second the motion.]

The same good writing I've come to expect of you, I only had one small typo to point out. Bravo.

God bless and happy writing,

Ganheim
Obelisk of Light chapter 7 . 2/17/2008
Oh, wow! I'm finding this novelisation an absolute treat to read, despite not having played the game yet or read the novel. I especially love your attention to detail, and the brief switch to Kane's point of view in one of the earlier chapters was a pleasant surprise. I'm eagerly looking forward to read more of the story as and when you post it.
Cameron chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
i have only skimed the prologue, my attention fixiated upon the Brotherhood, but I can say this: I LOVE YOU! Being a Nod fanatic, I will continue to observe this and offer any information and Nod-related critism that I can. Seriously, Peace through Power.
eliteElite chapter 7 . 2/11/2008
Wow, simply amazing. Can't wait for that naval battle to take place, and I'm really excitied for when GDI really takes the counter attack up and starts their counter invasions in NOD territory, I can't wait for NOD's grand temple to fall. That will be awesome.
Korsriddare chapter 7 . 2/9/2008
Interesting chapter, particularly your description of the GDI air and naval assets. I do wonder if Skull Squadron is a reference, but the name itself is fitting.

Looking forward to your elaboration of the fall of DC, and hopefully the engagement between the GDI fleet and the Nod Dreadnought.
493 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 .. Last Next »