Reviews for Tiberium Wars
TaioraWarrior chapter 24 . 11/17/2013
This is the best thing I've ever read on FF, and one of the best things I've ever read anywhere. Amazing, so, soooooooooo, amazing. Complements on everything. Writting style, humor, action, drama, knowledge of how militaries function, knowledge of the tiberium univerese. In is perfection in all catigories. You haven't updated in over a year though. This is probamatic becasue I need to find out how you're going to tell the rest of the story. But I can't... becasue it's only 1/3 the way finished. So. How do you propose fixing my little problem heh?

UPDATE IN THE NAME OF THE PROPHET ALREADY! Please :D This story is so masterful, shurly you intend to finish it for your own sake.
Halcyon15 chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Fanfictions tend to be crappy. There are reasons why, and I applaud those that aren't.
Wait, what's that sound? (Hint: My applause)
VERY IMPRESSIVE! Feels like an actual novel would. Loved it
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
the part about 'tiberium smuggling was an incredibly serious offence,...' was gone
the phrase 'replaced by a shockingly icy calm' was replaced by 'replaced by an icy calm'
this seems kinda... destitute?... those phrases brought flavour
Aquar1us chapter 8 . 10/2/2013
'The Predator's upper portion blew apart a couple of seconds later as its ammunition cooked off.'

but it's a railgun-armed tank!
Guest chapter 18 . 9/19/2013
I have no criticisms here.
"CBU-1007 "Jericho" munitions."
So... was it you, or was it EA that decided Tony Stark worked in GDI R&D?
Guest chapter 17 . 9/19/2013
Sweet.
Two things I noted, however -
Firstly, the use of 'Your Imminence'. I don't know if this is an error, or an intentional play on the title 'your eminence'. I don't recall hearing it in the cutscenes, or reading it anywhere else, so I thought I'd best query it.
Secondly -
'Black Hand Taco Fiesta'
That sounds like quite a lot of fun, actually. Okay, sure, it'd be a bit on the religious side, what with all the fanatics trying to out-fanatic each other, and the chili would probably be some Tiberium-based slurry, but nevertheless, fun. Definitely need to throw a few of those into the mix, eh?
Guest chapter 15 . 9/19/2013
Awesome.
I'll admit, I was kind've expecting a 'the British are coming!' reference as soon as you mentioned the tank commander's accent.
Also, minor thing - "an irate English god who had missed tea." Refers to an Anglican deity who had missed the evening meal. If you're trying to reference the British love of a good cuppa, you might want to insert 'the' before 'tea' to indicate the drink.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/18/2013
" A normal soldier, straight out of boot on his first day, would never have made that kind of shot with a pistol."

I see what you did there.

Also -
Merry Christmas!
That was left-handed.

I think you've covered all of the commando's immortal one liners now. What on earth are you going to do for Havoc's dialogue?
Guest chapter 9 . 9/18/2013
Awesome chapter. The immortal catchphrase of the commando brought a warm feeling to my heart. Bravo.
One, slight, problem, however;
"Stalin's Soviet army in World War II, utilizing the Tesla Coil technology they deployed to great effect against the Allies."

Ehrm - no. The Red Alert universe is separate from the Tib-verse. It's a completely seperate timeline in which Einstein travels back in time and kills Hitler. Obviously, the Brotherhood of Nod exists there too, but due to the drastically different political climate, and the inexplicable lack of Tiberium-laden meteorites, they've kept quiet there.
Of course, if you can somehow account for a change to the timeline which would seem to preclude the formation of the UN in favour of NATO, Warsaw-Pact, and thereby allowing you to entertain RA1 (but not 2 or 3) please do publish it - I'm certain it will be an intriguing view into alternate history.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
"The Zone Security trooper"
Erm - if I recall correctly, wasn't he the guy who basically got shafted in the armour department, so as to provide a 'friendly face' at the checkpoint? So he's not actually a Zone Trooper. Would it be possible to figure out a nickname or something for him, then - the similarity between 'Zone Trooper' and 'Zone Security Trooper' makes it somewhat confusing - perhaps refer to him as 'Z-Sec' or some such?

Also - Stealth Tanks. Just yes. The only things that could compete with Mammoth Tanks for sheer awesome.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/18/2013
"global control over anti-missile capability lost seven minutes afterward."

Forgive me if I have missed something, for I haven't played any of the Tiberium sequels, and it's been a while since I read the manuals or watched the cut scenes.
Now, I know that it was a necessary plot point that anti-missile capability be removed, and the Ion Cannon Network be crippled, but you're seriously telling me that _all_ of that was routed through _one_ base? And there weren't even any redundancies? What the hell is GDI doing?! It has been fighting Nod for fifty years now, it _knows_ they have an unreal propensity for blowing up key facilities, hell that's how they _introduced_ themselves! So why haven't they got a system of back ups in place?
Seriously, I'd be okay with it if the Philadelphia was blown up in the downtime between switching systems, or if they took down the entire network simultaneously, but _one_ facility? Why?! Costs? Costs don't factor into matters of strategic value!

Ahem. Sorry about that. Kane was always one of the more impressive figures in my childhood - clearly, people who can beat _him_ can't be _complete and utter morons_, so I hold GDI in only slightly lesser esteem. That they screw up something so obvious is a bit insulting, and just a tiny bit unbeleivable.

Also - Havoc. Sure, the idea of a geriatric commando running around an active warzone and kicking ass sounds pretty dumb (successfully defending his home/ place of business, perhaps), but then I remember it's _Havoc_. Awesomeness can only ensue.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
"promote a fucking Private to Sergeant on his first day"

I have suddenly lost all interest in reading the official novelisations. I knew EA were screwing over my childhhod - but I never realised just how much (Renegade and Dawn are the only Tiberium-verse games I've actually played, although I've seen most of the cut-scenes).

Also 'Noodles'. I thought 'Noddy' was a suitably derogative term itself, but I guess that wouldn't really apply outside of British forces. Although 'Noodle' does have the unfortunate effect that was desscribed. I had Chinese food not an hour ago, and the mere mention of 'Noodles' was enough to make me hungry again.
Still - good one.
Avid reader chapter 24 . 7/31/2013
Been reading this for several years now. Dropped it off when I got to the last chapter back in '08, found it again when I decided to go back in my C and C collection.

Damn good read.

Can't say that more is definantly needed, but then again you are the boss, you call the shots.

Keep writing. This is great stuff. Look forward to the next chapter.
Mach the Cynic chapter 15 . 7/24/2013
The rapist got what he deserved. If only people did this to rapists in real life.

Double points for having Brother Captain Allen delivering the beat-down. It shows that he has a heart beneath his cold exterior.
sneaky breeze chapter 24 . 7/10/2013
When will there be another chapter? The wait might kill me _

I am completely unable to recall any other fanfic as amazing and well written as this one.
493 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »