Reviews for Tiberium Wars
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 22 . 5/17/2013
I find myself cheering alternatively for one faction, then the other. Great stuff.
Love the little personal dramas and conflicts that occur within the wider framework of Tib War 3.
I'm a sad panda that there's just 24 chapters at the time of this review. Seems I'll have to get my fix of military fiction some place else until you update.
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 20 . 5/17/2013
The only character I outright disliked was Lieutenant Cristos, the Nod commando - mainly because she was a cocky bitch who got what was coming to her.
You make character development look easy. I like both the GDI and Nod characters a whole bunch. I shed a manly tear over what happened to Trooper Goodman.
This is my headcanon - I have a lot of fun picturing Cmdr Karrde as Talon Karrde the Star Wars master smuggler in GDI uniform plus cyber-eye, and Major Rawne as Elim Rawne of the Tanith First and Only - complete with black beret set at a jaunty angle and silver warknife.
Dan Abnett, I think, would be fairly pleased at how you learned to write war. And I'd be pretty damn proud if I managed to learn from you guys.
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 18 . 5/17/2013
I call the Prototype games "the reddest games ever", with good reason. They always elicit an unhealthy giggle when I play them. I blame society. Rip crunch scream lol.
Not only do I like the subject matter of your fic, but also the paragraph formatting, which is something I struggle with from time to time.
The flashback sections done in italics is a good idea and a nice touch. Might have to "borrow" this technique.
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 17 . 5/12/2013
As war fanfics go, only "The God of Death", "The Dilgar War", "XSGCOM Goa'uld Defence", and the writings of Norwest, Colonel-Mustard1990, VexMaster, College Fool and the blokes that wrote the Friendship is Magic war fics COME CLOSE - and these aforementioned bits of writing are very good indeed.
I'd feel honoured if you could drop me a comment or two on my little story. I have great plans for it and I'm still lacking in constructive criticism and experience to realize them.
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 12 . 5/11/2013
I know that feeling Peptuck. I find myself writing a chase scene through a forest in the Forgotten Realms - wagon vs bandit horse archers plus ambushes and blockades - something simple-sounding right?
It evolves into a 30-something year-old peasant family with a toddler gaining a bodycount and bad-ass rating equal to that of Rambo, reality-warpery, jokes about BDSM, epic crossbow shooting, and the insane lengths a family would go to in order to protect their child from slavery. Did I mention the chapter is barely half-way done?
My story's got some funky ideas. I think it's self-aware, I'm scared and awestruck at the same time.
I think I squee'd a bit when I heard that you've got your inspiration from "Necropolis" and "Honor Guard" - two of my favorite Gaunt's Ghosts books.
Dumbledore is Gay chapter 7 . 5/11/2013
I quite like the formatting and writing style. You have a good gig going here, looking forward to your next update.
Expect Gaunt's Ghosts and Tiberium Wars to be used as an example of how to write military fiction in my own stories.
Trevor chapter 24 . 4/28/2013
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I've never played Command and Conquer in my life, but this fic has made me seriously consider going out and buying a copy of TW3. Absolutely sublime, and I can't wait to see more.

Keep up the good work.
Rodion chapter 24 . 2/22/2013
Hi there. I've been on a reading frenzy since the first chapter and this one is currently the last. First of all, good job so far. Your book makes for a captivating and believable read. That's not easy to pull off in the best of times, let alone when writing about a video game war...

Second, here's what you could improve:

Havoc chapters are stylistically different, I get that. However, that's no reason to killl drama and sympathy. Havoc's been picking up Gary Sue and Boring Invincible Hero tropes at a steady pace. You don't HAVE to make him comic relief, or give him vulnerabilities, but having everyone run up to the guy and tell him how awesome his mass murder binge is, is a bit much.

Whenever a GDI POV character dies, it's almost always a heroic sacrifice. Nod guys just get toasted, flailing inefficiently and yelling Lenin... I mean Kane, I failed you! Named GDI mow down hordes of enemies no sweat, but a successful Nod soldier is somehow a huge deal and will as often as not be killed off rapidly. Please, please try to be more balanced in this regard.

Black hand get the worst of this, but there is a general trend towards Badass Decay and Informed Ability (I'm sure you've heard of ). Why is everyone terrified of BH if they're only marginally more efficient than the rest? Why don't Commandos get the same reputation?

Thanks for your work, I look forward to reading more!
Agafan chapter 24 . 2/20/2013
Oh dear lord, I cannot even put down in words how awesome this entire thing is. The official novelization cannot even compare, and this fanfic looks set to eclipse the game itself!
Now I'm got some of my fanboy squeals out of the way:
The writing style is simply amazing, and I can really see how you were inspired by 40k and Dan Abnett (Rawne, I see what you did there).
The story (as you've written it) is punchy, exciting, and really reflects the hellish brutality of war.

And well, I'd just like to say that as both a reader and a writer, I love it. I hope you never stop writing.
Baron Raedclyffe chapter 10 . 2/15/2013
"Simo" Havers? As in reference to Simo Hayha, the "White Death" who terrorized the Soviets during the Winter War? A very good little tidbit for a military buff like me.

Now, onto review.

Oh,sweet mother Mary, this fic is GORGEOUS! The action is well-written, the characters have more dimension, and you even stuck in old "Havoc" Parker, just to add a little more military is portrayed realistically, unlike that OTHER author; who shall remain nameless. The contrast between Nod and GDI is getting sharper by the chapter, and I ESPECIALLY appreciate the way you have so far contrasted the mobility-firepower emphasis with traditional mechanized warfare tactics of GDI.

Question: Do you read much John Ringo or Tom Clancy? John Ringo is an SF author whose main schtick is military fiction, most specifically ground combat and tactical analysis. Judging by the style of this fic, you've either already read some of his stuff, or you just plain need to sign a contract with Baen Books and get published already!
Stalker117 chapter 23 . 1/21/2013
This is nothing short of amazing.
You show a really understanding regarding how the military works, and how tactics and strategy entangle int oeach other. This is a true favourite of mine, and I'm eagerly waiting for more releases.

Keep the great work. :)
AhumbleHalofan chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
Simply put you sir have written this as a master piece.
scottusa1 chapter 24 . 1/10/2013
This is by far THE best C&C fanfiction I have ever read. I have always been a loyal subject of the Global Defense Initative, I believe the Brotherhood of NOD must be destroyed. Tiberium is a poison that is killing our world. Kane and all those who follow him MUST BE STOPPED!
DirtNap chapter 24 . 12/9/2012
This has been by far the best ride I've been on in a while. Your use of characterization (sp?) is magnificent, the scences gritty and most definetly what I would expect from a global war with hightech everywhere. I haven't read anything this good in a while. I like how you have channeled your inner Abnett (who is imo the best damn author around these days). I look forward to seeing more.
Aquar1us chapter 9 . 11/15/2012
"I've seen bigger," Havoc replied, nonchalant...
490 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »