Reviews for Prelude to Heaven
Fish Wishes chapter 18 . 5/22/2011
Wow! The pace of your story is very appropriate and it was very realistic how you portrayed the time period and the things that go along with it!

Every time you mentioned a sermon about infidelity or something I thought about Nataniel Hawthorne and "The Scarlett Letter!"
EstellaDoreaBlack chapter 8 . 5/13/2011
I think my readers have started to hate my plot bunnies after the second time I left one of my long stories aside for awhile to write a oneshot that wouldn't leave me alone.
EstellaDoreaBlack chapter 7 . 5/13/2011
I have got to watch the commentary. Otherwise I miss things.

I have to admit, I'm a Star Trek TNG fan so your choice of name is a little off-putting, bit I still like the story,
Sapre Kench chapter 18 . 3/20/2011
A very good story. I like that last bit of humor in the epilogue.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 18 . 12/10/2010
Absolutely beautiful.
VictoireAgathon chapter 18 . 6/4/2010
Great story. I loved the reference to PotC
Calil Gadien chapter 18 . 2/14/2010
I loved this story, and would like to know what happens next, and my dad says I don't want to watch Kingdom of Heaven. Something about it being too blood thirsty. I was wondering If you could write the movie in your own words, not in script form. I really enjoy your writing, ever since I found it on LOTR Fan fiction. You are the reason I'm watching the X-MEN movies. I hope you finish It's An Odd Coincidence soon, and start with the next Chance Encounter soon.
Missiworld chapter 15 . 7/19/2009
I really rather enjoyed the "I'd go to hell and back for you..." part. It's neat how you sew all of your stories together.
lateBloomer04 chapter 13 . 6/19/2008
GAH! Balian must have a TON of resolve to keep from lashing out at that Luc. :( But it wouldn't have done any good for him to get in a fight with a nobleman, and he knows this. I fear for Joceln... what if Luc tries to go after her when Balian is working on the defences?

Nice job with the almost wedding kiss. I have a thing for almost-kisses. ;)
lateBloomer04 chapter 12 . 6/19/2008
LOL he did take forever, especially for back then!

OMG that scene!

“Take this, as a token of my love and devotion,” he said. “I swear that I love you and I will love you, always. Nothing can change that.” He closed her fingers over the little cross, and by this action, gave her his heart to do whatever she would with it.

I haven't been that affected by a fic in who knows when. *tear* I want a Balian. Back then, that was a HUGE deal, marrying a girl who everyone knew had been raped. But Balian doesn't care because he's noble and caring etc... I'll stop gushing now. But WOW. Loved that scene.
lateBloomer04 chapter 11 . 6/19/2008
This chapter reminded me a lot of that scene in Star Wars where Anakin comes home to find his dying mother. Except that Balian doesn't turn to the dark side... This was a particularly touching chapter, especially when his 'father' finally hugged him. And I'm thrilled Balian has FINALLY gotten the courage to ask about courting Jocelyn.
lateBloomer04 chapter 10 . 6/19/2008
Poor Thomas and Arnaud! Believing Balian to be dead, and then telling his mother so. But Jocelyn is right... they could've left out a few things. *eyeroll* I knew Solange would die, but I didn't know it would be under as dire circumstances as this. :(

I'm glad Balian still has thoughts of Jocelyn to keep him going! I hope he gets back to her soon.
lateBloomer04 chapter 9 . 6/19/2008
“If we power it using weights instead, we’ll have more men who can fight.” Smart man, that Balian ;) Wow, I didn't expect there to be a massacre. At least the young boy survived. Poor Balian, though! 30 men is nothing... :(
lateBloomer04 chapter 8 . 6/19/2008
High five, Mr. Plot Bunny. HIGH FIVE! And that is all I'm going to say about that.
lateBloomer04 chapter 7 . 6/19/2008
Oh, Balian... so humble, and yet so heroic! That was terribly sad though, about Jocelyn. If only Balian had been there! :( But it holds true for women in the Middle Ages, which sucks. But I like how you explained where Balian got the tiny silver cross from. I'm hooked on this story!