Reviews for Bend and Break
Amazing writing. Love the characterization. Loved the raw honesty.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Its been a few years, but i wanted to re read all your stories. Its an amazing collection. I have always been a yumi/sei fan. You capture them perfectly. The tone of your stories is always a little meloncholy and a reality and tender. I think this one is my favorite of them all.
Substance chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
I read your work a long time ago and never had the decency to give any kudos. I like your exploratory, intimate style and the focus on small, ambiguous details and feelings rather than fireworks-in-the-sky. I could truly have left this review on any of your stories but this is one I recall a little more vividly. You've been successful to the point that I all I can think of now is Yumi/Sei rather than Yumi/Sachiko!

I notice you've added more work recently. I will have to play catch up. You say fiction isn't your thing but you do have something above and apart from most. Take pride in it.
Ruequi chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
i'm sorry for being naive at thing but, there are questions that i want some answers...

1. does Yoshino really liked Yuuki?
2. after Sachiko's graduation, did she really choose to continue the marriage thingy with Suguru?
3. Shimako and Noriko fell in love with the same guy in the novel?
LunarMiko07 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Great story. I really enjoyed reading it.
Snowdrops chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Lovely because it doesn't portray 'the deed' in flowery fireworks language like pretty much everything on . When everything feels so right (i.e. Sei and Yumi) and it's all as comfortable as they are, there isn't the element of 'it feels so wrong yet so right!' adrenaline. Which is how real relationships are. I loved Sei's prank, it's just the sort of thing she'd do (in a version of Marimite I'd kill to see.) Well done. You write the best Yumi/Sei ever, and I think they're the most believable and likely pair.
AllNightLong chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
you definitely captured the characters! good fic!
shetan83 chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Wow... I think this might be one of the most memorable Marimite fic that I've read... Even though I think Sachiko x Yumi is sweet... I think in reality (ha!), Sei and Yumi would probably work out better. And I've always been intrigued by their not-soeur relationship... This just really makes it not soeur.

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this. The dialogue was so natural, and the characterization for both characters was spot on. Thanks for writing this!
RubyNury chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
It always surprises me that your stories leave me sitting and melting in awe... but absolutely speechless.

I can't even express how much I love this unique style of your writing - those great realistic dialogues, funny puns and that awesome multi-meaning-ness (if I may say so) of the words you choose. I believe that you put a lot of thought and heart into your stories, and I envy you a little (well, it's 'a lot', to be honest, but I'd like to think I'm not so evil :)) because you really... really master the words.

What I love most of all in your stories, it's those relations that Yumi and Sei have. I love Sei's fragility and vulnerability that you show so skillfully without even saying that. You just put that task on Yumi's shoulders, and let us, your readers, see through Yumi's eyes that Sei... is really a wonderful girl. Probably lonely, uncertain, longing for love just as much as others but never admitting that other than in her playful and joking manner. She hides the truth, her real, of heart, feelings and emotions, behind the words of love and confession... but making them sound meaningless and shallow. Whereas a part of her, the genuine, hidden Sei is wordlessly pleasing to understand her, to disclose those feelings behind that bravado, and accept her, take her seriously, take her as special one.

And I'm immensely grateful to you for making Sei want to be the special one for Yumi, for loving that girl so much. Because only being around Sei, Yumi really may be her true self without worrying about what image she shows to the outside world. Sei accepts Yumi just as who she is, and that's why I love your fics that much - you give those two a chance to finally See each other, to be more than friends. And I'm grateful to you for giving them not an unrequited love. They really have a lot to overcome even when being together :)

I know, it's growing long for someone who said she was speechless, in the beginning, but... I can't help talking about your amazing stories that I love more and more. I really adore them, and I admire your talent of a writer.

I wish you all the best and hope to see more awesomeness from you someday :))

I just want to ask... is there any chance that you could reconsider your decision to drop writing the fics for Sei/Yumi? I'm sure that I'm far not the only one who goes crazy over your stories, and I truly hope that you would write something else about them... someday. I'm sorry for being so obtrusive, I'm just an avid fan of your writing... if it may go as an excuse :)

Best wishes,

Nury
whiskered oranges chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
This was awesome. Pure awesome 3
Beth Cyra chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
I really liked this story and it serios content and your A/N made the story awhole lot better when you said that it wasn't something over the top and that Yumi really did love Sei.
Tomorrows News chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
You did fantastically, though I think I'm a little late to this stories party. What's it been, a year and a half? Something near that, yeah. Shit, time flies, I bet you don't even remember.

Five bucks. I bet five bucks.

Anyways, I dig your storytelling. I'm incredibly envious of your dialog. I need to murder my brain every time I write extended scenes because I keep putting those damn little touches, like 'he chuckles' or 'she waves her hands' or 'she shoves her fist straight through the tree trunk'.

You've also wrote some pretty good description. You go pretty heavy on the dashes in, well, every large paragraph, but it's seamless. I mean, it flows. Never once lost myself-god bless you for that. There are times-and I meant 'times'-where I find it impossible to keep going because-and this is the truth-people don't know when enough is enough!

Awesome sex scene too. It really captured 'first time' in my mind.

Joking aside, it was a nice touch. Well, touch implies...things, but I meant it was a nice 'point'. Not that kind of point, though. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Let's just say, I liked it. Everything built up pretty well.

I'm not going to bother with any technical stuff, considering you wrote this a while back. Writing changes, so unless you request it, I'll just finish this review up now.

Good read, goodbye.

Oh, wait, almost forgot! You mentioned Christmas here, as in a Japanese Christmas, as in crazy great consumerist Nippon Xmas, and you failed to mention KFC. -1 point.

That is all. :
Healer chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Well, I'd actually like to read a sequel.
Queenphoenix08 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
This story was very cute. But I like reading it.
ThrottaKaze chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
adauidauidha.

Dear God, I love you. I love your writing style. It's so down to earth and edgy and real. Like you could actually sit and watch these conversations take place. Gah.

The italics hit me later on. I'm so slow. But after a few moments of blinking stupidly at the screen I was like 'FOMG DAT WUZ AWESUM.' which compelled me to leave a review :D