Reviews for All the King’s Men
Peonywinx chapter 21 . 3/14/2015
I don't think I've ever come across a story that spends so much time - not on action, or a case, or some epic series of events - but on an aftermath. Even rarer is such an aftermath that consists mainly of deep, heavy introspection. And yet, isn't that exactly what takes the longest to get over?

Something to think about.

Anyway, I like the meaning and depth of emotion you've woven into this. Your play with words is phenomenal - a favorite line of mine is: "not yet a memory, too late for hope, too early for redemption" - and you really manage to link each and every character's dialogue, actions, and thoughts to things which happened in their past...the phrase, "we are more than the sum of our parts" has never seemed truer. It's very difficult for me to articulate what your story has evoked in me, so I'll end by saying that I enjoyed every minute of this, and I like how it made me think.

You should be proud of yourself.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
ForeverRainingFire chapter 21 . 12/27/2010
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it!
stine chapter 21 . 11/5/2010
This is a great story :)
Spot and Punk chapter 21 . 8/2/2010
Wow! This is an amazing story. It started brilliantly, right into the centre of the action with Cuddy as a conduit for the reader to figure out what was going on. Your dialogue is excellent and I loved that chapter with Chase and House's tag-team police interviews. The mood you set is just wonderful and I love how little dialogue there actually is in the later chapters - so much is going unsaid amongst your characters whilst every word is loaded with deeper meaning. What a great, great story! Thanks!
Potterworm chapter 21 . 11/24/2009
This was a really amazing story. I quite liked the epilogue.
SlaveToLiterature chapter 21 . 9/30/2009
Very very well done. This is surely one of the better stories out here. Original plot, good writing and credible characters. Good job,

SlaveToLiterature chapter 15 . 9/30/2009
I wasn't planning to review this until I got to the end of the story, but whilst I was reading I came across a passage, a mere two sentences, that were so true, so beautiful, I hád to leave a message.

"This was how you let go of somebody.

You remembered them."

Very touching,

NitrogenFixation chapter 11 . 1/11/2009
This is the first time I've actually cried in about a year. (Like, almost broke out in sobbing type crying.) I've had watery eyes, but never to where I had to go wipe my eyes before I could finish reading the last six or seven paragraphs. Great job writing - I loved the end of this chapter.
dzio chapter 7 . 6/8/2008
Hey, I'm going to leave a full review once I'm done with the whole story, but I just wanted to say something now. I'm not American, so maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't the whole situation fall into a category of self-defense? The guy just tried to rape Cameron, stabbed both Foreman and House - they had every right to defend themselves. And using a cane to fight off someone who's trying his best to stab you to death is not exactly excessive force. It's not like shooting someone who punched you. And I'm pretty sure House didn't conciously decide to KILL the man, most people who are assaulted just want to make the attacker back off, disarm him somehow. That's not a basis for a murder charge, or even unintentional manslaughter (or whatever the proper term is).

I'm just saying, so far it seems to be one of the most important points of your story, and so it should be more plausible. It sure is a great dramatic situation, but it's not exactly realistic or logicall and it kinda spoils the fun for me a bit...
notagoodplace4gods chapter 19 . 4/21/2008
I loved it!
notagoodplace4gods chapter 20 . 4/21/2008
This is fantastic! Congratulations!
Measer chapter 14 . 3/13/2008
“I fix everything, you fix everyone. Together, we’re God.”

That's a great line.

I'm really enjoying this story!
hmm chapter 21 . 2/10/2008
this is a really good fic. I'm glad I found it
Bloody Koalas chapter 11 . 1/20/2008
Aw! So...sad/happy/omg!/heart-wrenchingly amazing! Luv it!