Reviews for A Life Rescued
A precious life rescued using JCB(poor farmer crushed beneath a tractor)
/MEeMZu1QrZQ
RamblingMadness chapter 24 . 4/6
I've gotta say, I'm really enjoying your story so far. It's a little slow at times but it's not a huge deal. It's actually brilliant in how you managed to turn the introduction into a psychotic break of Jesse's. And this chapter in particular is Really Heavy. It's a bit of a surprise to be honest. But like I said, I think you pulled this all off wonderfully. As far as I can tell, all of this is accurate to Dissociative Identity Disorder too.

While I was reading this I thought you were going to turn that condition into the sort of marker that all people who send their memories into the past have. Like it's just the way that time travelers look to everyone else. I suppose that's actually one path that this story could have taken if you were inclined . . . but I'm still enjoying the story as is and the way you're heading.

One thing though, when Dr. Carlson and Dr. Scoggins were initially introduced their conversations were rather suspicious. It seemed at times like they knew he was from the future. One point specifically I think Scoggins said something like 'does he know?' and Carlson responded saying he doesn't need to. Which now that I think about it, it could be interpreted either way. But definitely 'does he know he might be mentally ill?' in this case.

So, in conclusion, I'm looking forward to reading how Jesse's recovery goes (hoping you don't glaze over it too much) and to seeing where you go from here!
NoFear Phantom chapter 54 . 12/18/2015
A very brilliant piece of writing that deserve far more favorites and reviews than what it receives. It did have some faults but faults I find are necessary and just unavoidable in most stories. Only because of my own personal preference of seeing more dialogue, confrontation and openness to a person's past and feeling between others making it thought provoking. In most opportunities to elaborate the topics that would result in pulling the heart strings or deep thoughts of characters, include moments with the main cast, were missed being skipped over for fast transaction of the story. For example, I would have like to hear and see how jesse would have explained what happened and what he was thinking when he save leslie to others (like grace and tom) and how they would react during the explanation. Of course there were other topics besides this major one that were also skipped. Such a thing could have been easily done because of the level of time and detail that has been put into this both through your actions and the story's progression. A very small waste of expansion and character depth that could have been applied but did not hinder the story and none the less worked.

Ending does not feel completed to me but I was happy to see that Jesse and Leslie did not leave one another at the end. Seeing a version of Bridge to Terabithia with a happy ending was to me very fulfilling and comforting. It was the fic I was looking for when looking for a Bridge to Terabithia storyline.

The bits about the change of the original story, including the past Jesse, was somewhat disappointing but it moved with the change well enough for me to still enjoy and respect your decision and admire the story more.

I'm guessing a sequel will most likely never happen but I would very much like to see one. If I had to give it a rating out of 10 I would give this a 9.4. It doesn't look like you have returned to the fanfic site for a while but your return with a new fanfic story would be a read worth going through regardless of where it comes from.
Finally, this story A life rescued was great read over the last few weeks, very underrated and deserving of more.
Freshman-Generation chapter 54 . 10/31/2015
You said in one of your chapters that someone commented that this story was/is boring. I wouldn’t say boring but rather, it trails the ups and downs of life. I know the benefit of writing is that you could describe all these things and not be constricted by the bounds of time like movies/tvs do.
As for the story itself, last year I read a good chunk of it then stopped and totally forgot where I left off. Therefore, I just began from the start again when I decided to reread it. I thought it was an experience, like I was actually living my life along with them. I’m sure this is because it was so detailed and did trail periods of their lives in such length. I think it would have been interesting if you kept older Jesse and Jess too, adding that scientific fiction element.

I had some qualms about this story even though I enjoyed it. You had Jess 5’11 at 12/13 years old. There are not many 12/13 years that tall at that age. Another is that I feel like you started to add almost every bad thing that could happen to their group of friends. Someone’s parent died, somebody’s parents had to go to jail, someone killed themselves, etc. Lastly, maybe not really a qualm but if Jess got diagnosed (I can’t recall if he really did) with DID, how will that effect him in the future? Being diagnosed with DID is a huge thing that can prevent him from doing other things in his life. Like if he wanted to go into the military or getting jobs, how will that look for him? Additionally, would Jess tell his friends about it?

All in all, it was a ride so thanks a lot!

By the way, I don’t know if you are still active on the site but have you ever thought of making a more Leslie based version of these events? I know that Leslie did have time in the spot light but I meant it being very Leslie based like how this story is Jess based?
Guest chapter 54 . 10/30/2015
Beautiful, nice work,keep it up, you ARE GOOD at this.
Guest chapter 15 . 8/4/2015
I enjoy some plots which are amusing more than it is funny. Lots of ups and downs make the story looks like it depicts actually alive movie. I love ups and downs. those are which I've been trying to create for my stories. And one thing I admire about yu is how yu mix science facts and jesslie concepts for another Terabithia to come to alive. I can feel yu are more like a doctor or scientists (sory I cant pick a category) but yu didnt ruin the essence of jesse and lesli but yu make it better; more interesting, more romantic, more exciting, more realistic and more alive.I dont think I can express every single detail of how much I enjoy your story but yu will know if I say: "without yu guys, I wont own those days when I feel alive and the days I feel I'm lucky to live this life"...even if i dont know yu, yu make my days, thank yu.
Guest chapter 15 . 8/4/2015
sir, I'm far less than a writer and too armature to comment. But here's what i enjoy about your story. i believe every single sentence is not just sth yu made up but they are reflections of what yu been through. so I respect those single sentence. the ups and downs of jesli moments make me uncomfortable and addicted. especially i find diary a lot funny. i read that part very often. jesslie doesnt always go smooth. ups and downs like ...while I was enjoying the two kids close relationship, jack tried to keep them apart. while I was enjoying the romance, leslie hurt jesse's feeling saying no lark creeker reads. lots of ups and downs I notice which i dont get the chance to enjoy much in most movies.
Firesirie chapter 54 . 7/23/2015
Beautiful too wonderful for words
bosxz.christan chapter 54 . 8/11/2013
Wow what a nice story ! I'd never Heard before
Chronos Eternal chapter 54 . 7/10/2013
I love this story. Only thing I didnt like was the ending... But then again. I do have this expectance of a happy ending where everything goes how i think it will. Best story anyway.
Springtome00 chapter 19 . 5/28/2013
it's so sweet their young love. i love your story. it's best of all bridge to Terabithia sroties
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Dear IHateSnakes:

There's something depressing about a world-famous scholar considering the idea that thought might be independent of space and time "original". Hasn't Hastings ever read St. Augustine's Confessions?

Oh, well. It's still a good story.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
MusicMyEscape chapter 54 . 3/27/2013
great story
racle chapter 54 . 12/30/2012
Found this story some weeks back and was transfixed, but wanted to wait until I had a chance to sign in before reviewing. I'll add one to the list of people giving two (or more) thumbs up! This is an incredibly detailed and realistic story - I wish I had so much imagination as you. Multiple years of multiple lives in high-definition, you have us right there with your characters almost seeing it happen! And you've obviously done a very large amount of research. Thanks for bringing this story to the world of Terabithia. I'm sure your story is going to be the definitive alternate canon for all those who found the original canon too sad to accept!

There are only two little things I think could be improved about this story.
1) It's incomplete! It skips over all those years from 9th grade until "distant future" - please fill it all in sometime? :)
2) I was a little bummed to find out the whole thing with 30-year-old Jesse going back in time was just teenaged Jesse being mentally ill. I suppose I can see why you had a hard time handwaving this part when the rest of your story is so realistic, but I thought an actual supernatural-intervention would still have been slightly more believable than 11-year-old Jesse, still preoccupied with his crush on Miss Edmunds, saying "can Leslie come with us" totally out of nowhere! This, however, is a minor issue which does not detract from everything else!

I saw you did make one sequel ("Bowing Out Gracefully") which only fills in part of that giant gap following Jesse's 9th grade - I do hope you will have more to it one day, though! I'll go review that one, too.
Palistus chapter 11 . 12/29/2012
Hehe, I just want you to know that your insertion of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was noticed. Quite clever! I'm not sure if the boy who played Jesse was in it, but I do remember the girl who played Leslie certainly was.