Reviews for A Life Rescued
pstibbons chapter 15 . 4/27/2009
best line: more of Mrs. Aarons’ locally celebrated potato salad would be needed. Jesse grumbled in amusement at the name of the dish, potato salad; refrigerator surprise seemed more appropriate.
pstibbons chapter 10 . 4/27/2009
A feeling of foreboding about 30 year old Jess - and the price of the Dark Master - things seem too good to be true...

Loved Les' diary entries.
pstibbons chapter 5 . 4/27/2009
best line: Lists had appeared in the Aarons household a couple years back after Jesse’s father returned from work telling stories of how lists at the store had miraculously doubled the business’s efficiency. He then insisted that everyone, possibly including the baby, put together a daily list of what they had to do that day (prioritized) and follow it religiously. The result was the first - and only successful - children’s rebellion in the family’s short history.
pstibbons chapter 4 . 4/27/2009
best lines:

“Ok, Jess, you made your point, and I'm proud of you. What you said was well thought out, and you presented it to me like a man; that’s important in life: not going off half-cocked and demanding things you don’t deserve. As for your dishonesty,” he paused, Jesse thought he even saw a very slight smile on his father’s face. “Maybe, maybe, this one time, it’s balanced out by my pigheadedness. There’s something we can both work on, ok?”

"Jesse, hit him in the jaw next time, a knock-out is better than a bloody nose every time.”
pstibbons chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
Nice alternative.
Z-man chapter 20 . 4/12/2009
i liked it if les had died the song 'Seasons in the Sun' by Terry Jacks goes nicely with it
Abibliophobe chapter 54 . 4/10/2009
I really liked this a lot. It took me a while to read the whole thing but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would have reviewed for every single chapter but I would have ended up getting flustered. Anyway, you are a great writer and I am glad I fell upon this story.

I read your profile and how you said you 'found the movie incredibly moving but pointlessly tragic' but I think that was the whole point of it. Death is pointless sometimes and no matter how hard we try to understand it we can't. I mean why do little kids die? Why do good people die and 'bad' people live? It is just a part of life and I think that was what the author was trying to show: Death is pointless sometimes but you have to move on. I could be wrong because I have never read the book but that is what I got from the movie. Anyway, I am not trying to lecture you or something stupid like that; I just found that statement interesting and thought I would share my thoughts.

Once again, good job on this story and hope to read more of your stuff.
Sciencefictionsquirrel chapter 54 . 3/23/2009
Wow. That is all I can say. A very well-written and emotionally satisfying story. Also, it has to be the longest fanfiction I've ever read. I hope you continue to write more BtT stories.
Sciencefictionsquirrel chapter 46 . 3/22/2009
Whoa. Awesome chapter!
WesleyInsley chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Absolutely amazing...I read 10 chapters of this book the first night I got into it. The people over at IMDB sent me over here, and I couldn't be happier that they did. It inspired me to make a story like this myself :) In my story, do you mind if I use your characters (Tom Jacobs, Grace Jacobs, etc.)? I still want to use the characters, just make new events happen, and how people meet up, etc. I'm thinking I'll take it from 5th grade through 12th...It will take a lot of time, but I'm really psyched to do it.
Simon chapter 34 . 3/7/2009
Thank you so much for your writing! This story is absolutely amazing, and I am completely in love with it.

I laughed, I screamed, I gasped, I panicked, I got nervous, I got angry, I felt embarrassed, I cried, I reflected upon myself, I thought about life more and I even changed my entire outlook on the world.

Thank you so much for writing it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You So Much.

My Review Account chapter 54 . 3/3/2009
I like this story and you're an amazing writer but I hate what your beliefs (I assume it's your beliefs) did to Jesse. I mean, he's an emotionally stunted prude. Also you seemed to throw up increasingly contrived roadblocks to prevent deepening their relationship (youth, then Mrs. Burke, then distance, then religion, then Jesse's prudishness, then religion again, then... etc) And last but not least Leslie's conversion, what the #$% is wrong with being an atheist? Is Jesse so shallow that he refuses to love a non-catholic?

Anyway you're a good author, just don't let your faith ruin your work.
Lord of Darkness13 chapter 54 . 3/1/2009
GREAT STORY and a GREAT ending, I was a bit nervous there for a bit that you had Jess and Les split up for college, but I am very happy to see that you didn't. I appreciate you writing this story as an alternate to the way the movie ended and I think I can finally get past this story/movie and not think about it anymore. I hope you write some more and a Harry Potter story would be good. Great job. Cheers, :)
Lord of Darkness13 chapter 41 . 3/1/2009
No explanation as to why they have broken up, but I am sure that is in the next chapter. I just hope that after all this, that this story has a happy ending. It's the entire reason for reading it since the movie had such a crappy ending.
RTC chapter 38 . 2/27/2009
I just have suggestion. It is sometimes hard to keep up with the names of the various characters, and their relations to other characters. So, I suggest you put together a "list of characters" page at the end, for reference. Thanks.
632 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »