Reviews for A Life Rescued
pstibbons chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
Nice alternative.
Z-man chapter 20 . 4/12/2009
i liked it if les had died the song 'Seasons in the Sun' by Terry Jacks goes nicely with it
AnGeLoVe1617 chapter 54 . 4/10/2009
I really liked this a lot. It took me a while to read the whole thing but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would have reviewed for every single chapter but I would have ended up getting flustered. Anyway, you are a great writer and I am glad I fell upon this story.

I read your profile and how you said you 'found the movie incredibly moving but pointlessly tragic' but I think that was the whole point of it. Death is pointless sometimes and no matter how hard we try to understand it we can't. I mean why do little kids die? Why do good people die and 'bad' people live? It is just a part of life and I think that was what the author was trying to show: Death is pointless sometimes but you have to move on. I could be wrong because I have never read the book but that is what I got from the movie. Anyway, I am not trying to lecture you or something stupid like that; I just found that statement interesting and thought I would share my thoughts.

Once again, good job on this story and hope to read more of your stuff.
Sciencefictionsquirrel chapter 54 . 3/23/2009
Wow. That is all I can say. A very well-written and emotionally satisfying story. Also, it has to be the longest fanfiction I've ever read. I hope you continue to write more BtT stories.
Sciencefictionsquirrel chapter 46 . 3/22/2009
Whoa. Awesome chapter!
WesleyInsley chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Absolutely amazing...I read 10 chapters of this book the first night I got into it. The people over at IMDB sent me over here, and I couldn't be happier that they did. It inspired me to make a story like this myself :) In my story, do you mind if I use your characters (Tom Jacobs, Grace Jacobs, etc.)? I still want to use the characters, just make new events happen, and how people meet up, etc. I'm thinking I'll take it from 5th grade through 12th...It will take a lot of time, but I'm really psyched to do it.
Simon chapter 34 . 3/7/2009
Thank you so much for your writing! This story is absolutely amazing, and I am completely in love with it.

I laughed, I screamed, I gasped, I panicked, I got nervous, I got angry, I felt embarrassed, I cried, I reflected upon myself, I thought about life more and I even changed my entire outlook on the world.

Thank you so much for writing it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You So Much.

My Review Account chapter 54 . 3/3/2009
I like this story and you're an amazing writer but I hate what your beliefs (I assume it's your beliefs) did to Jesse. I mean, he's an emotionally stunted prude. Also you seemed to throw up increasingly contrived roadblocks to prevent deepening their relationship (youth, then Mrs. Burke, then distance, then religion, then Jesse's prudishness, then religion again, then... etc) And last but not least Leslie's conversion, what the #$% is wrong with being an atheist? Is Jesse so shallow that he refuses to love a non-catholic?

Anyway you're a good author, just don't let your faith ruin your work.
Lord of Darkness13 chapter 54 . 3/1/2009
GREAT STORY and a GREAT ending, I was a bit nervous there for a bit that you had Jess and Les split up for college, but I am very happy to see that you didn't. I appreciate you writing this story as an alternate to the way the movie ended and I think I can finally get past this story/movie and not think about it anymore. I hope you write some more and a Harry Potter story would be good. Great job. Cheers, :)
Lord of Darkness13 chapter 41 . 3/1/2009
No explanation as to why they have broken up, but I am sure that is in the next chapter. I just hope that after all this, that this story has a happy ending. It's the entire reason for reading it since the movie had such a crappy ending.
RTC chapter 38 . 2/27/2009
I just have suggestion. It is sometimes hard to keep up with the names of the various characters, and their relations to other characters. So, I suggest you put together a "list of characters" page at the end, for reference. Thanks.
RTC chapter 26 . 2/26/2009
This isn't a review, just a correction. You spelled the word "mourning" wrong in the fourth paragraph after the second divider.
Weaver Chance chapter 54 . 2/24/2009
You should be proud of your writing skill.

This story is the third ever on record for bringing tears to my eyes, and even though it was the more mature story that I read through I still have to admit how great a story it was.
Lord of Darkness13 chapter 7 . 2/24/2009
A great story so far, I must admit that only this weekend did I see this movie and while I am a normal 24 year old guy who loves sports and is pretty damn normal I was heartbroken by this movie and for some odd reason can't seem to get past it. I am hoping that this story will help me do that as I can't get the darn thing out of my mind. (and I have far better things to be worrying about than a freaking movie about some 5th graders) Anyway great story. Cheers. :)
besu chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Hey Firstly you are great at writing as soon as i got to the second chapter i couldnt stop, i spent 36 hours reading this and by far this is the Best story that i have ever encountered made me happy just read each line.

You have great talent in writing and wish that you could of kept going on with this one, thank you for writing your story
628 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »