Reviews for The Glorious Fourth
AngelOfDarkness568 chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
So...seuqal?
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
It's a great story, as yours always are, but I suppose this one still left me feeling a bit troubled. It may be 'fun' for the many, but it's not 'fun' for the one, and Malcolm feels isolated enough without the rest of the crew using him for target practice. I don't think this was very kind and I'm a bit surprised that Trip, who supposedly cares for him, wouldn't understand or care how much it would hurt. But, he did make a lovely apology afterwards!
einsteinflygirl chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
As a Brit with a fair few American friends, I can so easily sympathise with Malcolm in this.

Not to mention the hilarity of the whole story and the sweetness of the ending.

Brilliant!
Copper Kestrel chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Aw, that was a really sweet story!

Loved all the historical influences - the tea overboard bit, especially - as I'm obsessed with history like that and went 'Squee!' whenever I recognised an incident ... And I like the Sharpe reference as well. I thought your characterisations were really great as well.

Overall, I really great 'feel good' sort of story.
Amelia Glitter chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
That was beautiful! Probably one of the sweetest things I've read in a long time. Great job!
Kathy Rose chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Sorry it took me a while to read and review this, but I'm glad I finally got to it. Once again, I'm amazed how you can take historical references and weave them into a story.

My favorite line, which made me laugh out loud: They counted on his congenital inability to disobey a direct order.

It does seem a bit harsh how everyone was picking on Malcolm, and yet I can't help but think he sort of sets himself up for it and the crew takes the one day of the year when they have a reason to pick on him.

Kathy Rose
Sita Z chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Oh, I loved this story!

At first I was annoyed with the crew and especially Trip; it seems kind of unfair that one person should suffer all the teasing from the rest (although the "tea over board" joke made me laugh out loud - poor Malcolm!). Does Trip get teased like that on April 9? (Not that he'd identify himself with the cause of the Confederacy, but then, Malcolm's not a "redcoat", either!)

When Trip came back to their quarters, I wondered what he was going to do to get back on Malcolm's good side (IMHO he deserved to be cold-shouldered for a while!). Well, what he did was perfect :)! I loved how he told Malcolm everything he loved about him (I think Malcolm needed to hear that), and the "I would have asked your dad" part made me smile! Trip's REALLY old-fashioned, isn't he? Although in a thoroughly lovable way :). The apology for what he said at breakfast was the only thing that was needed to make the ending perfect.

Great story, funny and very well written! Thank you for sharing!