Reviews for Hide and Seek
TinyDancer365 chapter 7 . 3/30/2013
Wow! This story is absolutely wonderful! It's almost 3:30 am in NY and I could not stop reading this! I'm also positive that I'll have nightmares from this story, but that's only because it was so beautifully done! This story is a work of art and I am so glad to have stumbled upon it!
irishartist chapter 7 . 7/25/2010
This was an exceptionally GOOD story!

Held my attention throughout and made me cry, too!

I know Acquarian Wolf's work, and this is right up

there with her writings.

PLEASE write more stories-you have a gift you need to share

with all the readers out there.

I was honored to read this story-one of the best I've

read on doombuggies.

Thank you!irishartist
Aquarian Wolf chapter 7 . 11/5/2007
This is the third time I've tried leaving a review. Third time's the charm...I hope.

A wonderful ending to a wonderful story! I hope you'll write more HM fics in the future. Your take on Gracey was really interesting. Just curious, was Roxy a reference to Dead Like Me?

Happy (belated) Halloween!
Aquarian Wolf chapter 6 . 8/26/2007
The demon idea was a really neat twist! As always, great job and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Sydney is super sweet. Have you ever thought of doing a whole backstory for him-his life and death-as its own fic?

Keep writin'!
Aquarian Wolf chapter 5 . 8/19/2007
Hey PK!

Sorry again for the delayed review. Busy, busy, busy.

I know someone else already got this, but I did recognize the portrait, so I'll just babble on anyway. :p It's the infamous redhead portrait from PotC, a wonderful Marc Davis design displaying the fate of that popular wench at the auction. ("We wants the redhead!")

I've gotta say, this is the most well written chapter so far. (All of the chapters are great, don't get me wrong.) The prose is so finely detailed and the dialogue is exceptional. I loved the interaction between Tony and Em and thought it was a neat twist to make the HBG and the bride siblings. Great highbrow humor with The Most Dangerous Game reference. I'd hazard a guess that the door opening under the tightrope walker's portrait is a ride reference. ;) (At least, for WDW. I don't know where it opens in the other HMs.)

On an odd note, that "being pursued through rooms and bizarre trap doors, running from some (unseen) villain" is a theme that has been in many dreams and nightmares I've had and reading this gave me a feeling of deja-vu. (Poor Paula, I can relate. :p )

I LOVED the alliteration blooper at the end. Crazy alliteration pops up in my writing fairly frequently (like there :p ). I just find it fun to read because it sounds "bouncy"...if that makes any sense. Although reading it out loud can be a bit of a tongue tier.

Keep up the wonderful writing! I'm really looking forward to the next installment!
Aquarian Wolf chapter 4 . 8/10/2007
Aw, shucks! I'm flattered! Thanks for the mention! :D Sorry it took me a while to review, I've been away on vacation.

Lots of great HHG bits, and I loved the "fork" blooper. Hmm...no more jokes like that come to mind but I'll let you know if I think of one. I'm anxious to see what George has planned for Paula and if that is indeed *really* the ghost host doing that. I'm extremely curious about what experiences Terry will have and what other characters he'll meet.

Oh, the kraken line! D'OH! I didn't catch that as a PotC reference until you mentioned it. :p

I'll read and review chapter 5 ASAP, when I'm wide awake and not nearly falling asleep at the keyboard. :p

Keep up the spooktacular work!
WanderingChild2007 chapter 5 . 8/10/2007
Yay! Madame Leota! She's awesome. The painting in the attic was from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I go on that ride all the time at Disneyland, so I've basically memorized it. Wasn't a red headed woman dressed as a pirate after the two drops? Correct me if I'm wrong. Master Gracey scares me now. HE'S A BLOODY MURDERER! GAH! Even though I was reading it, when he was counting, I got shivers because of the words you described it with. You're an awesome writer, so keep writing this!
WanderingChild2007 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
Ok... somehow, I must have missed that last sentence: "You're number one thounsand."

Okay, did she, like, die? Or is Master Gracey gonna kill her? Because, if its the second option... NOT COOL! Master Gracey's turned evil... unless Madame Leota is being evil, and is possessing him... but I doubt that. I think I must have missed something... did I?
WanderingChild2007 chapter 4 . 8/5/2007
I NOTICED THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN REFERENCE!

Clopin: ...

Anywho, I love this story! I think Master Gracey has a crush on Paula!

Master Gracey: I do not!

Liar. Anyways, please, please, PLEASE keep updating. I have now officially became obsessed with HM. So... yeah. UPDATE!
Aquarian Wolf chapter 3 . 8/1/2007
I love the details you put into this, like the jewels in the dragon handle and the wallpaper description. The personalities for the ghosts are also wonderful. I really liked your take on the shadow ghost at the piano. And Sydney's adorable! Keep up the spooktacular work!
ColorsoftheWind78 chapter 3 . 7/27/2007
lol shut your yankee mouth. I have a feeling master gracey is intrested in Paula. I cant wait to see what happens next. Update soon.
ColorsoftheWind78 chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Hi Im a new reader. I love your story it always loved the Haunted Mansion and since I was little. Keep up the good work and hope you can update soon _.
Aquarian Wolf chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
How can you not love Master Gracey? He should have a fan club. "George's Ghostly Gals!" I caught the Pagemaster references. It was one of my favorite movies when I was little. (I was just as neurotic and paranoid at that age as Culkin's character was :p )

Keep up the wonderful work!
WanderingChild2007 chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
(I'm too lazy to sign in. MWA!)

GRIM GRINNING GHOSTS COME OUT TO SOCIALIZE!

Clopin: (my muse) ... and that means...?

It means I love it, smart one! No, seriously! I. Love. It. It's cute, 'cept, can you do more of the Hitchhikers? Their my favorites, (next to Madame Leota and Little Leota.)
WanderingChild2007 chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
"Curly fries!"

Wow. Friday the 13th IS the best day besides Halloween! I love love LOVE the Haunted Mansion. Update soon!