Reviews for The Price of Usage
smilinglikeasnake chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Love your story! Just like a real episode:) I could imagine this all happen with the voices and acting and everything! So I'm beggng you: please finish it soon!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/18/2014
Update for god sake, please!
J.D. Finck chapter 2 . 3/9/2013
Again, good stuff. One thing to watch for; sometimes you switch perspective in mid-stream. Example:
(This is Miles speaking) "Yes, I'll tell her that." The Master made a face as Miles corrected him. "Now, why exactly did you come here?" Miles expected the Master to roll his eyes and not answer...
Although it is Miles speaking here, you slip into the Master's POV. Then you go back to Miles POV. You need to keep it all one or the other, or else it gets a little confusing. I was able to follow, but this was a little confusing.
I struggle with POV in my stories, probably most writers do. Other than that, great job. I enjoy your style, VERY engaging.
J.D. Finck chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Very, very well written. You have excellent sentence and paragraph structure; you handle the action perfectly (so many aspiring writers do not remember to KEEP THE PACE UP); you inject a little humor; and you set up chapter 2 very enticingly. Super job.

Now for the 'but'...
I am not a Doctor Who fan (I have friends who rag me about that all the time), so for readers like me, a little bit of background info on the Master would have gone a long way to helping me get stuck in. I know, I know...it can become boring to 'knowledgeable fans' in you bog your story down with tons of biography and exposition, but just a little bit, skilfully woven in, would help.
I'll keep reading, and learn as I go. Again, you write very well.
Fire chapter 7 . 9/14/2011
AHH! U STOPPED IT! OMG SOOOO AMAZING! AGGG!
flyfloyd chapter 7 . 7/19/2009
Ohmigod. Whats gonna happen next?

PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE!
Huzi chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
I hope you will upload the last chapter soon... it's a great story!
Raggedy Doctor chapter 7 . 1/2/2009
two years and you only have one chapter to go Oo;;?

Gah how sad. At least give it some sort of ending, even if they all die it's better than an unfinished story

there's nothing wrong with deus ex Machina either.

anyways I'd like to complement you on characterization of the Master you got his level of insanity and obsession about right. I find it funny that he's purposefully leaving holes for the doctor to escape through just to speed up the process of the final confrontation. I can see him doing that, it's a mind game in itself.

anyways you'll probably never update, which makes me sad, but I still enjoyed the unfinished story so thank-you
Spoofmaster chapter 7 . 9/25/2008
This is really well written, and I feel that it stays in character for both the Doctor and the Master without going too far toward the darker tendencies the Master tends to bring to fanfiction these days. I'm very interested to see how it ends - any plans to post that last chapter?
SOUNDOFDRUMS chapter 7 . 3/26/2008
OMG i love this fic. I adore how you write the Doctor and Master. The way you show the Master's mood swings is perfect, I can totally see John Simm and David Tennant in these scenes. I've been waiting so long for the next chapter. PLEASE PLEASE update soon.
Koschei966 chapter 7 . 12/11/2007
oh update soon! XD cool! greer's dead but still very good XD
wyldcat chapter 7 . 12/10/2007
Eehee! Brilliant! I love your characterisation of the Doctor and the Master, and every time the Master mentions he loves seeing that desperate (or whatever) look on the Doctor's face - it's awesome. :D Can't wait for the next chapter!
NonExistente chapter 6 . 8/15/2007
Wow! Great chapter, please update again soon! Wow! :D

x
wyldcat chapter 6 . 8/14/2007
Brilliant story! (If only the finale was like this...) Anyway, yeah, can't wait for the next chapter. C2-ing it too. :D
dreamkat67 chapter 6 . 8/14/2007
What a delight to see that you've updated this story! I think you've really got the dynamics of the Doctor/Master rivalry down

pat. Their banter is a lot of fun to read, but you also manage to capture that sinister, dark edge to it. This is the best Dr. Who story, especially Dr/Master story, I've read in a long time!

Keep going!