Reviews for Ardesco
head in the cloud chapter 8 . 7/3/2008
This time I forced myself to hit the review button, before I rushed to read next chapter. It was quite hard to do it, believe me ;) I love your story very very much.
02 chapter 9 . 11/27/2007
(This all relates to the USA only. It's probably different elsewhere.)

Homosexual admission is an honorable discharge, not dishonorable. It's when applying for new jobs that people run into trouble, because the prospective employer is always going to ask to see discharge papers.

When a person signs up for the military, he signs a contract that includes how long he'll be in active service. Discharge papers give written permission for someone to terminate his service ahead of the contracted time, and dishonorable discharges are given only for voluntary rule-breaking. In other words, the military views sexual orientation as undesirable but not voluntary (not a choice).

If Jack went to his commanding officer, said he was gay, and also admitted that he was responsible for coercing a soldier under his command, then the coercion would be a dishonorable offense, but the homosexuality wouldn't.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this story and am off to read the rest.
Rat chapter 16 . 11/22/2007
I was just flipping through and seeing if this is a fic i want to read and GAH, the beginning of the chapter is... oh, its not about THAT, its about that. I see. LOL. Yep, going to be reading this soon.
chiclete chapter 16 . 9/14/2007
Great job! I really liked it.
Harm Marie chapter 16 . 9/7/2007
This was a good story.
Ernutet chapter 16 . 9/7/2007
Great story! You have spot-on characterizations, and you give nice little twists on the cannon (Rothman's not-death, for example - excellent idea, btw! Thanks for saving him! :), as well as giving us more details about some things that we've seen on the show just fleetingly.

I'm looking forward to reading more (much, much more ;) from you! Thanks!
Khentkawes chapter 14 . 9/6/2007
You found a way to save Robert! Way cool! I don't know why I didn't think of it before. He he. Now I'm quite happy.
Harm Marie chapter 14 . 8/29/2007
Good chapter. Is Rothman living canon or your own twist? I honestly can't remember.
Harm Marie chapter 13 . 8/22/2007
Great chapter. I love how Daniel was fine until the danger passed then collapsed. Fav line: "Jack, why are you upside down?"
Master of the Boot chapter 6 . 8/17/2007
This story so far I find to be an awsome piece of human emotion and drama. It would be prudent not to let the Ga'uld get wind of this, they wouldnt't stop laughing.

Ta

Master of Teh Boot
Harm Marie chapter 12 . 8/16/2007
Good chapter.
Khentkawes chapter 11 . 8/13/2007
I think I'm about as flabbergasted as Jack by what Teal'c said. I mean, Teal'c is observant so it makes sense that he would pick up on Jack's feelings. But you definitely took it one step farther. It was really interesting to be reminded that Teal'c is an alien from a completely different culture. On the show, they normally only address that issue by having Teal'c misunderstand cliches and such, but you do a much better job of showing that there are real underlying difference. It's quite intriguing actually.

Oh, one tiny little quibble... if this is season 4, than Teal'c has tried driving before. Daniel taught him in season 2 when they got stuck in 1969. And Teal'c apparently has a driver's license by season 6. And that fact that I know that, shows that I've watched way too much Stargate. *grin*
Harm Marie chapter 11 . 8/13/2007
Teal'c would notice, wouldn't he.
Harm Marie chapter 10 . 8/6/2007
Good chapter.
Khentkawes chapter 9 . 8/5/2007
You know, I like Robert Rothman. Always have. I find him greatly amusing and I think his friendship with Daniel is interesting. But, his reaction to finding Daniel awake just proves why Jack is Daniel's best friend. Yes, Jack would have stayed with Daniel, tried to make him talk about it, or at least made sure he was okay. I've always thought that the people you're closest to know when to force you to talk and when to simply be there for you. Ah well, Robert's not a people person, so I guess I'll cut him some slack. I still find him incredibly amusing. *grin* And it will be interesting to see how his relationship with the members of SG11 develops.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »