Reviews for Ardesco
Harm Marie chapter 8 . 7/31/2007
I like Henessey's reaction to a visit to the SGC.
Jasmine chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
I love this story! After reading and falling head over heels for your story, Interchangeable, I immediately started reading the rest of your works on here, even though I try to avoid WIPS. With quality as good as yours, it's worth the wait for each chapter!

Anyhow, reading Ardesco, I started getting really worried that I was losing my mind, since several of the phrases kept giving me deja vu moments. I kept thinking to myself, wow, I love how the author includes little details like that (for example, bothering to mention that it was Rothman's expedition, so Daniel was making sure to let him stay in charge, rather than taking over). You have such a feel for the characters, and you bring them out so well in writing. But I'd get to one of those little details or eloquent turns of phrase that I'd appreciate so much, and then I'd think to myself - you know, I feel like I've already had these same thoughts, appreciating these same details!

I starting thinking that I must have read so much fanfic that it was all blurring together in my mind, regardless of the fact that your story is so singularly powerful. And then, I started having impressions of what might be coming next, and I finally realized that maybe i'd actually come across THIS PARTICULAR STORY before, and I looked you up on area 52. And thank goodness - I have not actually lost my mind. I've just read the story over there, and enjoyed it so thoroughly that it stuck with me, no matter how long ago I read it and no matter how much fanfic I've read since then! I'm amazed by which details ended up sticking with me - here in the first few chapters, it wasn't the plot so much as the way you develop the characters.

Oh good lord - and I'm actually positive that what ended up tipping me off was the grunting scene, with Rothman calling the soldiers "grunts" to their faces, and them grunting at eachother! LOL - that was priceless, and I once I came across that scene, I knew I must have read your story elsewhere. Just priceless.

Oh, and I wanted to say, that when I looked you up at Area 52, I not only found the rest of ardesco (which I then immediately had to re-read and thoroughly enjoyed), but I also found Rough Terrain, which I read and was very moved by. Daniel as you write him is so powerful, with such incredible resilience. I loved how you show him slowly learning to accept help, and so much of the story is a tale of healing. Many authors tend to do a big lead-up to a noncon act, and then only an epilogue-style summary of the aftermath (and in the case of the worst slash stories, the rape victim begs his lover to 'make him feel clean again' through sex. Gag! I love slash, but some authors' insistence on portraying healing after rape via immediate anal penetration by a supposed lover leaves me feeling disturbed and very dissatisfied. Like, the ability to have sex again somehow is a substitute for real emotional recovery?)

Oops - sorry for the rant. In any case, I very much appreciated the depth and care you gave to Rough Terrain, and to all your stories. I love to see you writing slash, and I'm glad you're posting on ff, since I think a lot of high-quality authors - especially slash authors - abandoned ff. I hope you don't get flames from the prejudiced folk, or if you do, that you give them the amount of attention they deserve (i.e. - none! Because you're awesome!)

Ok, I'm off to read the update on Uh No!
catiepie182002 chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
Isn't that always how Daniel reacts to a new find: "Jack, come look at this!" I bet, even in a room full of archaeologists, the first person Daniel would want to see a find that meant something to him would be Jack. Really demonstrates how important Jack is to Daniel (that Daniel wants Jack to care about the things he cares about).

And Daniel thinks he's not in love with Jack. Denial's not just a river in Egypt buddy - and he outta know. Ha.
abstractwhisk chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
Another great chapter!

You write Daniel wonderfully!

Miniola
Harm Marie chapter 7 . 7/28/2007
Good chapter.
Harm Marie chapter 6 . 7/27/2007
I'm glad that he has someone to get advise from.
Khentkawes chapter 6 . 7/27/2007
I like the decision to bring Sara into this. It's always nice to see someone develop her relationship with Jack.
Halfpastdead001 chapter 6 . 7/26/2007
its nice to think of jack as something other than the hard ass

seeing him as a man in love is wonderfull very well done
Khentkawes chapter 5 . 7/25/2007
The scene between Daniel and Sam is great. You manage to summarize all everything that Daniel is thinking and feeling. Although he certainly has a lot of issues to straighten out. And then when Sam tried to cover for him with "it's a girl thing." way too funny. Their reactions were priceless.
Harm Marie chapter 5 . 7/25/2007
Favorite line: "You speak girl?"
Halfpastdead001 chapter 5 . 7/25/2007
another wonderfull chapter

dan speaks girl ! hahaha

keep going
Halfpastdead001 chapter 4 . 7/22/2007
aw sutch a sweet heart really keep going
Halfpastdead001 chapter 3 . 7/18/2007
a wonderfull section
abydonian chapter 3 . 7/18/2007
nice chapter. hopefully things will work out between Jack and Daniel before this awkwardness kills what friendship they have.
abydonian chapter 2 . 7/16/2007
I kind of feel bad for Jack, but I can definetly sympathize with how Daniel is feeling. very well written story. I look forward to more.
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »