Reviews for Casting Couch
Vindalootoo chapter 2 . 7/24/2007
Hi, folks...I'm getting a lot of strange reactions to this chapter (2: Vanity). Sometimes it comes up, sometimes it goes to the "can't find it" screen. Hits seem way down on this chapter, so I'm suspicious. I mean, it could be people just don't like the story, but I'd just like to check the problem out. Are others having this problem? Please email me privately if that's the case. I may have to repost this story and get a different series of links.
Mockorange7 chapter 2 . 7/21/2007
Another interesting chapter. This story is much darker than many I've read-and disturbing, because it has an edge of reality. Having said that, I really do think that Sakano is a dark, somewhat evil character in this-he *knows* how innocent Shuichi is (or he should have, after the first time-and he should have warned him in any event) and pimps him out anyway, and he *is* getting something out of it-being close to fame, better wages (which he'd get if Bad Luck became more popular), etc. As for Shu ... he's innocence corrupted, in this, and it's really, really sad, and horrifying, all at the same time, how easily he *accepts* what's required-this is a very different Shuichi from the one I usually think of, but again, it is a very interesting take on the tale.
misydidi chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
I enjoyed this chapter...it's wonderfull! Update son!
supershu-chan chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
Wow. This is so great. I seriously think that with like every chapter you post, you get even amazinger! Your descriptions are so flawless. The emotion is like whoa. This is so gritty and painful and real! So amazing!

Your Eiri is so sexy. His coldness actually made me flinch. I LOVE HIM SO BAD! And I LOVED the 'sweet-thing'. Had such a fangirl moment there.

And Shu. Gosh, poor kid. I wanna hug him so much! That would have to be one of the worst kinds of life, don't you think? And still even so, he knows how tainted and messed-up his life is, but he still has some kind of hope left, one little glimmer of innocence. And he still loves his music. That's what's so great about your writing! You make the characters so genuine!

-bows down-

About the Shu/Shuu thing, I think 'Shuuichi' looks way prettier. That's such a gorgeous spelling. I've wanted to start spelling it that way too, but on account of how all my stories have the 'Shuichi' going on, it would be weird if I randomly switched.

And I too can only see Shu and Eiri together. No one else. Ever. (Except Shu and Hiro in high school, before he ever met Eiri! -laughs-) So glad you feel the same way. -hugs-

All in all, excellent job as always! Your writing is so insanely wonderful, and I cannot WAIT to see what happens next! Keep it up! (And sorry for such a long review. -blushes profusely and hands you a muffin basket-)
scorch66 chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
I love this story, but then again I love all of your Gravitation stories! I'm so happy that you kept the park scene, and can't wait to read the next chapter(its Shu's concert right?)! Great job!:)
absolute-ecstasy chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
yay! another great chapter! the title is casting "couch"? i thought it was casting touch the whole time! Opps...

anyways, i love the way shu and yuki met, and VERY glad this story i liked right from the start is yukixshu and not ...something ELSE...shiver. you managed to keep yuki in character so well! and shuichi's sudden defiance surprised me, but surprise is always good.

update soon, and longer chapters please, i can't get enough!
Alexis chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
i hope that shu is free from sakano's hold and that eiri would actully treat him decent .
KyoHana chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
I'm very glad that you kept the meeting in the park in this story. And I liked that extended it to include Shuuichi's (I love the spelling this way, too, BTW) challenge to Eiri to attend his concert. I also like the fact that you had Shuuichi rise to and respond to Yuki's taunts! I can't WAIT to see Shu's reaction to Yuki being at the concert!

And you're right - Yuki and Shu belong together! Just as, for me, in the YYH series, Hiei and Kurama belong together (if it had been done as shounen ai or yaoi).
Vindalootoo chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Just a note to those wondering why this is back at the top of the list. I did, indeed, post a second chapter, but FFnet is screwed up again. Hopefully, the chapter will magically appear as quickly as it disappeared. Thanks for your patience.
misydidi chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
I love it! I can't wait shu meet yuki! Please update soon!
SakuraHeeroWing chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
Another very promising story. I'm putting this on my alert because I'm anxious to read what happens next. Fabulous!
Niyari chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
I have no words to describe how astounding... how perfectly amazing this story was. You're descriptions, you're round-about way of explaining things, you're down-to-earth technique of connecting fictional characters to the reality of earth. It's all so perfect, so intriguing, and it needs to continue.

It's a gritty story, but that makes it all the better.
KyoHana chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
You have SO got to continue this.. and soon!

You have a terrific narrative and plot line. As well, you've written your characters with a deft hand. And though I think he's a total slimeball in this first chapter, I admit I had to smile at the idea of Sakano in the role of pimp, because that's what he is!
Nocturne Iota chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Nice. Bold and italicized.
Mockorange7 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Intriguing, fresh, and very dark look at Shuichi and Sakano, in particular. Yuki seems like an unlikely saviour, but I am very interested in how the relationship, in this background, could work. Lots and lots of plausible scenarios and possibiities arise ... I'm very much looking forward to the next part to see how you put it together.