Reviews for Arcanum
obasan45 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Great characterization, for Reishin, and even for Koyu.

This is exactly Reishin. When I read this, I HEAR Reishin, honestly, I do.

I love how you write! There are two paragraphs that really grabbed me:

(1)“For someone who had yearned so long for that very thing Reishin was oh so tactfully inquiring the acceptability of, if the prodding of the stupid fan was the best his father could offer him…Kouyuu was more than willing to go without.”

(2)“Kouyuu tried not to stare at Reishin's long, fine fingers, and subsequently at their invisible imprints on the oak table long after Reishin removed them almost too hastily; his father must have noticed his longing gaze.”

Oooohh! That “oh so tactfully” is masterful! And so too the “prodding of the stupid fan”! And, “imprints on the oak table” – how did you even think of that? ::faints::

And to have Reishin notice and understand, and for him to overcome his own awkwardness to use his HANDS to touch Koyu, OH! I’m so moved I can’t sit still! _

I love how you handle angst, very light touch, and very effective.
a-big-apple chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
What a twisted family they make, BUT SO FUN TO READ ABOUT.
SakuraDreams chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Love it! This story's got me going on a Reishin and Kouyuu kick. I need more. Although, my favored is Shuei and Kouyuu still :P
Hisak0 chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
Ohh.. you really write good on Reishin-sama and Kouyuu, Please please make more stories _-
SavoirFaire chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This is extremely well-written. You captured both of their personalities perfectly. I have no doubt that Kouyuu would flinch from Reishin's touch. Reishin is always so cold! T_T I still like him alot though...hehe. Anyhow, great fic!
Laguna's twin sister chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Oh gods, I LOVE IT. Bitchy Reishin is the best. RAWR! KILL THEM ALL! MWAHAHAHHAA. anyway, sorry, got carried away.

But then, i must admit, i did hope for a "happier" "sappier" ending than what you've put up. I mean, poor boy! So lost and confused. Sequel? please?

well anyway, it was a nice strangely waffy fic. Good job!
Ave chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Extreme cuteness! Though I couldn't understand the last part I think tis is a grea fic. Sometimes I wonder why Reishin can't be more open to Kouyuu, somewhat it saddens me. But anyway hope you keep writing well-thought and very character-descripting fics like this. Take care!
musagirl15 chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
Very nice, I love their father/son relationship._
iced-wine chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
omg, me being such a big sucker for kouyuu/reishin father/son fics...this is like the log floating atop the water in which i'm drowning! i have been so starved of any saiunkoku fics for the last month and half (chinese gov. banned livejournal, i didn't know until i arrived...TT_TT).

anyway, i really liked the story!
Sakimi1014 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007