Reviews for Affliction
chibipasta chapter 11 . 6/23/2014
I knew the story couldn't have a 'good end' but a sad end is a 'good end' sometimes because it makes the story so much better. "He told me I was just like him...he has no idea how right he really was."
This will forever be one of my favorite stories, the feels tho, they really got me...
Everybodysevil chapter 11 . 6/16/2014
this actually made cry...
which is almost impossible... I guess...
queenkaylabear chapter 11 . 6/13/2014
This is one of the best stories I've read.
And I've been crying for a fucking hour too many feels to handle
Laylagirl111 chapter 11 . 5/10/2014
Wow. Thats just wow i have no words for this story but i will tell u it was amazing espcialy the ending
0Shadow Panther0 chapter 11 . 4/30/2014
-screams-
Why cant good GaaSaku stories have happy endings
Why
Guest chapter 11 . 4/4/2014
This story actually made me 's sad but well reminds me of a lemony snicket your hand out as an author you may go far.
Rose Rain 7 chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Chapter 1

(Chikusho! Stop it! Just get the glass out of his hand and restrain him!" The woman yelled at the guard as she held her hand to her chest, staining her white coat with blood.

Smiling to herself at how perfectly the gorilla man's name matched him)

o really? I'll go and search his name. *after searching* Okaaaay so his name is 'damn it'? Lol I'm not sure how his name fit him now xD unless we mean like Dayuuum bro you are huge o.O then yup.

(The woman doctor sighed as Chikusho made another devastating blow to the red-head's face.

"Stop!" Sakura yelled at him, barely registering the words that were coming out of her mouth.)

Go girl! I'm starting to feel bad about him getting beaten but I understand why they are doing it. Some patients can be really harmful.

(Sakura felt her stomach drop once again when she realized that she was expected to take care of the man whom she had just taken a weapon away from…)

Lol he may attack her. Good thing I'm not in her position.

Well Sakura at least he didn't do something to you so don't jinx it xD

Chapter 2

(Gaara's glare was immediately ruined when his eyes widened at her statement. He looked at her like she was the crazy one in the room.)

Omg what is going on? I think I will know soon... I'm guessing he is not used to doctors like her since everybody fear him.

(ALL HIGH-RISK PATIENTS MUST BE RESTRAINED BEFORE PROCEDURE CAN BEGIN.

"That's me." Gaara said.)

LOL Okay it was something else xD I don't see why I should go through the trouble of restraint someone if they are going to behave (not that Gaara is that person lol he is the one that have a sign on his head that says "I live to make your life difficult')

(Gaara leaned in to the point where their noses were almost touching and said in his monotonous tone, "Do you think you can handle it from here?" and placed the restraints in her hands.
Then he walked back to the examination table, resuming the position that he was in before.)

Someone punch this person right on my face that have a silly grin. *coughs*Me*coughs*

(Gaara nodded slightly and twisted his arms and legs back and forth a little bit, and before Sakura knew what he was doing, he was out of his restraints and walking out of the door.

Dumbfounded, Sakura gaped at him with an open mouth.

"You should learn how to tie better knots," he said as he walked towards the door. "Because next time I might not be so controlled.")

Dayuum! Gaara.. You are good... Very good.

Gaara: 2
Sakura: 1
*coughs* I'm not doing what you think I'm doing. *hides my points chart* No worries *whistle*

(Well, it would appear we got the right girl for the job then!" Tsunade mused. "Usually if he even catches you staring at it he flips out, as you can see…" Tsunade said as she waved her bandaged hand in the air.)

*Indian accent turned on* Sakura... Pack your bags and get the hell out of there my friend. You're in a very dangerous situation. *Normal accent is back* Don't tell me I didn't warn you...

(She saw Gaara stalking down the hallway, parting the mass of other mental patients on his way. But he wasn't physically moving them, they were pushing themselves against the wall using their own volition.)

lol the red sea is parting once again xD

(His eyes slowly drifted to rest on her, and all of the intensity in them bared down on her.
Sakura found that once again her breath hitched in her throat. But she was stuck now…she never backed down from anything.
If she faltered and moved out of his way, he would know that he had power over her…and that was one thing Sakura wouldn't let this man have.)

This paragraph can't be perfect without the "the crowd/people/Everybody gasped' line xD

(It couldn't have," Sakura said as she took another step towards him.
She saw hesitation flash before his eyes as she breached his vicinity; but he quickly covered it up once again with stagnant boredom and slight amusement. "I made sure that bandage was as tight as possible.")

well played...

Gaara: 2
Sakura: 1

Gaara it is your turn!

("I've had his case for a long time, and I've only scraped the surface of who Gaara really is. It seems that you've made as much progress in a few hours then I have in sixteen years…")

Holy moly 16 years? :O

(This can't be good…Sakura thought.

"I'm going to put you in charge of Gaara's case, since he is already interacting with you."

Sakura stared at the woman in horror.

"Are…are you sure?" she asked the woman, trying to think of a way out of this.)

I told you to get the hell out of there but you didn't listen xD

Lol rivaled a book called war and peace? Damn will it be war and hell the next few chapters.

chapter 3

(Sakura gasped and pressed her hand against her mouth when she realized what she had just done.

"G…Gaara I'm so…sorry. I wasn't thinking…" she tried to explain herself to him as he pulled at the bottom of this shirt's sleeves)

What did she do?O_O

(Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, Sakura figured it could only get better from here on out.
She wouldn't be touching him again, that's for sure.)

O yeah he doesn't like people touching him and she could also bring unwanted memories.

Chapter 4

(Sakura opened her mouth to ask Tsunade what she would need these for, but was interrupted by Tsunade saying, "When you are done with that, here are some other tools you will need in order to finish up." Tsunade said as she motioned to a mop, a bucket of soapy water, and other cleaning utensils.)

Did he bleed on the floor? I'm guessing he self harmed himself.

(She decided that she wasn't going to return to the hospital.

She would leave Gaara in Tsunade's more then capable hands, where he would be safe from her inexperienced ones.)

okay Sakura, you either die in my hands (xD) or go back to the hospital. Pick your choice.

(She would return to the hospital tomorrow…and she was going to crack the enigma that is Gaara.)

oh yeah! I guess nobody wants to die in my hands lol.

Chapter 5

(Shifting in his chair so that his feet were on the ground, he replied without changing his dead facial expression, "Gaara's not here right now. But when he gets back, I'll let you know.")

Did Shukaku take control of his body :O!

(That's funny…because all I have to do is reach out and touch you in order to reduce you into a drug induced zombie."

His eyes darkened.
Simultaneously, the atmosphere in the room became heavier.
She was sure that the seventh circle of hell would look like heaven when compared to the wrath that was held in his glare…)

Damn... She just dig her own grave.

(What did you do?" she asked, wrapping her hand around her wrist gingerly, as if it was her own wrists that were scratched raw.)

raw? :-( Don't think about it Rose... Don't think about it.

(Tsunade chuckled and stepped towards the window, "Oh, he's out there. He just doesn't want to be found is all. Gaara may have an unstable personality, but one thing you can always trust him to give you is the truth. In all the years I've known him, he's never told a single lie.")

shouldn't Sakura tell her about Gaara 'split personality'.

(Tsunade chuckled at Sakura's reaction and said, "Lots of people complain about how bad hospital food is…I always tell them to eat at a mental hospital once, and they'll soon come to crave regular hospital food.")

ummm Imma be grateful next time I go to a hospital and eat there

(Sakura slowly walked across the grassy field, making her way to the nearby tree that would provide her with shade and a place to comfortably sit and wait for Gaara to reveal himself to her.)

I'm not the only one who knows that Gaara is up that tree, right?

(Stupid, vindictive, sadistic ASSHOLE! Sakura thought as she exited the building.)

Ahem genius is missing xD

Chapter 6

(The person was wearing a knit winter cap and a long trench coat that was blowing violently in the wind, which allowed Sakura to see the skirt and high-heels that the woman was wearing. Judging by her attire, Sakura guessed that the woman was some sort of business type…which made her wonder why she was just standing outside of the hospital.)

Temari? :O

(You know French?!" Sakura exclaimed as she flipped through the book looking for an English translation.

"No." he said flatly. "I enjoy staring at words that mean absolutely nothing to me."

Halting her flipping, she looked at him and said, "I don't appreciate your sarcasm.")

Holy cheese he can speak French? Damn you are too good to be true xD btw I feel stupid for not noticing the sarcasm... I really thought he enjoyed staring at the words lol.

(Silence was one thing that Sakura hated almost as much as the cold…it always made situations feel awkward.)

Ikr! Especially the uncomfortable one.

she should sleep since she didn't get any instead of looking at the papers.

Chapter 7

(Encouraged, she continued, "According to the library records, you've checked out every book in the library.")

All?! Did she read all of them?!

(You could just ask."

Sakura looked at him confused and replied, "I just did.")

ha, he found out.

(She recognized the trench coat, only today the woman was wearing jeans and she wasn't wearing her hat so her messy short blonde hair blew slightly in the fall breeze.
Squinting harder, she saw a man wearing a black hooded jacket standing next to her. The two stood there for a little while longer and then peeled away from the fence and started to walk away.)

Oooooo now it make sense. Did they do something to him? And the fact he told her that means he trust her.

(Sakura smiled in appreciation and went to thank Tsunade when a loud noise and a scream interrupted her and both women turned to see a patient in the corner of the rec-room having a fit.
Tsunade hurriedly wished Sakura a good night and ran to the patient before he hurt himself)

lol when I read the 'scream' part I thought Gaara already beaten the shit of someone right after she said that.

she'll teach him the meaning of love? :3 he needs it.

Chapter 8
mao chapter 11 . 1/23/2014
I'm crying I think gaara should have lived
Shalay Tyree chapter 11 . 1/23/2014
... So I've decided I hate you for obvious reasons. Just kidding. I loved the book, and it was just beautiful. There was colorful vocabulary, and so many plot twists. I just... I can't expess the roller coaster of emotions going on right in my chest right now. Although the ending was sad- it had to happen. It makes more sense for it to end with death and sorrow than with loving care. Overall, amazing book- thank you for writing it.
Niche99 chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
I hate you. That's it. I just hate you. I could think of many ways that this story could have a happy ending for Sakura and Gaara, but even though I hate to admit it, this sad ending is the BEST way to end this story.
You are an amazing writer and I definitely encourage you to write more stories
Love this story!
The plot was well-written and the emotions and feelings of the characters were expressed to the readers very well!
P.S. Gaara is one of my favourite character, and u just killed him...i hate you but this story is so good, i can't hate you for real...
Continue writing! .
niche99 chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
Noooooooooooooo! Why?! Why did gaara have to die?! I'm literally breaking down into tears here!
This story was so good I'm crying
Its so sad, why can't you make it a happy ending for sakura and gaara? I'm okay to the fact that sasuke died i, but gaara too?
noooo! U killed one of my favorite character
But anyways it's so good
You're an amazing writer, keep writing and maybe you could make a sequel for this? Like make gaara alive somehow? I just can't take it that gaara is dead! Or if u don't want to do that, then could u please at least make sakura meet someone who looks like gaara and be together with him, or even at least make sakura sane and move on with her life!
MaineHalfBlood chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
This is so f-ing good it made me cry. I praise you.
XxmeepxX chapter 11 . 12/27/2013
I CRIED XC
brandon.jennifer4ever2010 chapter 11 . 12/20/2013
WOw i was not expecting Gaara's death brought me to tears, this story is well written. I absolutely love it. To be honest, this story has made me like this two couple. It sucks that Gaara and Sakura arent going to be shipped in the anime. They make a real kickass couple 3 Beautiful story. I loved it and it made me cry so bad haha
fu chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I am too lazy to leave review on each chapter, so i sum it up in one decent piece. This story is my absolute favorite among thousands of other fics, I re-read it so many times that i just lost count of it. Amazingly written, with brutality and harshness to it that only make this work more beaitiful and realistic. The death of gaara made me shed tears over it. But i can't imagine gaara staying alive without fucking up the entire storyline.
1,072 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »