Reviews for Four Pictures of Fate, One Sorting
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Very intriguing story.
madbrad chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
An excellent idea and an excellent short story.

I knew Trelawney was too obvious a choice for the second voice, so I was betting on - don't laugh please - Fawkes. But your selection of the Grey Lady was much better.

I wonder what sort of tone you might have set had you written it a little longer and reversed things, with your description of the four pictures coming first? Having the seer - perhaps it would be better if it were Trelawny, overheard by a ghost, part of the Hat's information network? - come across the four images, one by one (in nightmares, maybe). If you left the 'good' one to last maybe you would have built up some tension in it. But then again, we all know how it ended up in canon anyway, so it's probably a silly idea.

I very good story, thank you!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Interesting. A little more non-canon than claimed but still good.
doRodrigo chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
Interesting thoughts at the end of he story. Good one.
Arkeus chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
Hum...I always took it Hermione wanted knowledge for a reason, not for knoweldge sake. Hence, gryffindor.
GiGiFanFic chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
How insightful and thought provoking. I have often thought of the conundrun that is the so called golden trio. Hermione got her smarts from well educated parents and being shunned by her peers, and keeping her nose in books almost 24/7, Ron of course comes across just as you painted him, and poor Harry, that he was given such a family to live with in his formative years. You hit the nail on the head with the description of the three. Great one shot, and the mix of outcomes that 'could' have been Harry, was brilliant.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
First, let me say that I agree a lot with this story here, Ron was probably more ambitious than Percy, who has seemed like he belonged in Slytherin giving the way he acts later on in canon, and actually do not see Ron being able to hardly function in the Muggle world, making me wonder if the way the matches are looking in canon, how long he and Hermione would actually be able to make a life with each other before they got fed up.

As for Hermione, she should have been in Ravenclaw, and would have been the top of the house there too, though I wonder if she would have been frineds with Harry or Ron, probably not, as Ron's lazy, and Harry was most likely threatened at home into not being motivated to do well. I agree with your assesments here, and looking forward to more of your other writings.
ryoryuran chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Quite a good entry. And I do agree, Harry would have only survived in Slytherin if Dumbledore watched over him, but even that would only get him so far, and he would eventually be corrupted somewhat. Just my two cents, good work anyway.