Reviews for Test of Friendship
Irritable Insanity chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Like it greatly. I think that of course Aragorn and Legolas were more than up for the challenge, but I don't doubt that they might have asked themselves similar questions when they had a moment alone. Life is such fragile grass, (perhaps even for the first-born of Arda when one considers death in batle), and to risk it goes agaist our first impulse.

Yet it is a greater thing to risk your life for a cause, for something beyond yourself. I'm not a soldier, but I've read a number of works, including "We Were Soldiers Once and Young", and it's amazing to see how warriors will risk and give their all for the men on their left and their right. When you're in battle, that is what you really can think to fight for.

Out of the battle is another story altogether, that's when you have more time to reflect and as I said, I do think that some of the fellowship might've thought in similar lines to your poem. Two thumbs up.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I loved this... I really like the way you write poetry, and with this one I think you've just managed to capture the depth of their friendship. *g*
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
That was beautiful, Cal, and it really says all there is to say about true friendship. :) Loved it!
Mairi chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Very nice. I enjoyed this poem and I read it through twice; didn't just skim it like I skim most poetry.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
How do you do it? Another great poem capturing the true essence of friendship! Bravo!

NiRi
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Oh Cal, what a great poem! I really loved it. Aragorn and Legolas have plenty of these choices to make. ;)

~Arodiel
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
So beautiful Cal, and very true. And I think this poem goes well with your EAC story :) Loved it, mellon nin!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I really love this poem.