Reviews for Walk the Shadows
biiiibutterfly chapter 26 . 6/6/2020
Oh my gosh poor Harry...I feel so bad for him.
Bele chapter 44 . 5/2/2020
You really have to wonder why people can't just be nice. So much suffering from the Dursleys, so much from the Dark Side. Poor Harry. Thank you for sharing this brilliant, although sad, story!
Slytherclawqueen325 chapter 15 . 4/27/2020
This is amazing. I really like how well this story is coming together. I love that Sev is trying to help harry. Please write more fanfics. Youre AMAZING at writing them.
Brainiac5 chapter 44 . 4/5/2020
Wow! This fic was so good and I stayed up five hours later than I should have to read it!
Thanks for a really wonderful read, it was so satisfying.
dragonBug27 chapter 43 . 3/13/2020
Guest chapter 43 . 1/9/2020
If we don’t consider the sequel, it was a great end!
*SPOILER ALERT FOR THE STORY*
I loved the fact that you showed how endings are not bed of roses—always. That even after he practically snatched Lucius’ magic from him (which he deserved), he was still insecure and even a bit nervous.
*SPOILERS OVER!*
That’s how life works. We often fail to understand that even after we have taken our revenge or have forgiven people who have hurt us, we might still take some or more time to get over the events.
You have written each sentence empathising with Harry—and in him, I think many of the readers can find a resemblance to themselves.
The story was so close to reality and so beautifully portrayed that it never felt like I’m reading about somebody else’s life, somebody else’s struggles. I was able to feel his terror, his worries, his insecurities, his trauma as well as his healing, his power, his growth, his growing trust—everything!
So, thank you so much for this! Genuinely, thank you for writi this.
Guest chapter 40 . 12/22/2019
I do appreciate your way with words!
This quote for example:
"Ai, Merlin. Wasn't that just a kick in the teeth."

Looooove it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2019
This story is more about healing than abuse, in truth. The themes, though dark, are comforting.
This story taught me the impact of years of emotional abuse and the importance of healing, the importance of therapy.
Not to this extent, but I, too, have suffered emotional abuse for years and I always took false pride in thinking that I am strong for not asking for help. But it was breaking me within. Now, I’m taking that much needed help and therapy, which is mending all my battered parts and making me actually strong. This fic made me realise that I do need help and it is very important for ask for it and to give yourself a chance to heal. Thank you for writing a story that helped me so much. You’re simply gifted and amazing.
Teri chapter 43 . 8/14/2019
Usually, I read your Star Trek Enterprise stuff, but I went looking for what else you'd written and found this old gem. Very well done. You do a great job of catching the essense of the characters. I thought Snape was especially well done. I'll be heading right to the sequel. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.
AJ chapter 43 . 2/12/2019
I'm clapping for this incredible story. Well done! I cannot wait to read the sequel.
Arc chapter 44 . 10/25/2018
Wow, this is more than a decade old now, and it's fantastic, I really wish I could eloquently describe how great this fic is, the character development? The characters themselves? And the slow friendship of sorts between Snape and Harry? Wow just wow, thank you so much for writing! So so much!
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 43 . 9/26/2018
Wow! Great story! cannot wait for sequel.
mumphie chapter 43 . 9/9/2018
Very well written...intense...but a good storyline.
floweq chapter 44 . 8/10/2018
Jesus Christ, that was one hell of a ride. Honestly, I love how realistic you made the characters, as most of the mentor Snape fanfics that I’ve read usually make him out to be super cuddly and soft. It’s rather annoying, really, how OOC they make him out to be, so thanks for writing him as his true character. And I seriously love, not to mention appreciate the slow build of Harry and Snape’s relationship as well. It truly does help the reader to be able to connect more easily with, and be able to empathize for themwell, myself at least. Anyways, I’m off to read the next book! Take care author~
bl00d-orange chapter 37 . 8/3/2018