Reviews for A Shadowed Soul
iroshi chapter 7 . 3/7/2008
I have only just discovered this story today, and I'm enjoying it more than I expected thus far. Your writing is well above average; it's the plot I didn't expect to like, but I gave it a chance and I'm happy that I did!

I would like to comment on one of your authors comments regarding a review: "If you're going to tell me that my character is gay as hell, please give me examples. I mean, I don't want him to be gay as hell, and like I said, constructive criticism is always welcome."

Speaking as a bisexual who has *tons* of gay friends, all along the flaming spectrum (ie, from totally *FAB*ulous to those who can pass for straight to those without GayDar), I did not at all feel that Kai was coming across as "gay as hell". I would suspect he's bi, personally, at least as of chapter 7, but he certainly doesn't come across as gay at all. Then again, a lot of extremely tolerant people come across as bi, even if 99.9% of the people they're attracted to are of a single gender.
jamdowner chapter 12 . 3/6/2008
I came across this story yesterday and didn't stop reading till I ran out of chapters. I am eagerly anticipating updates but wish you would change the rating to M and add that zest of lemon freshness!

Excellent and original, there are so few stories out there that excite me as much as this one has. Keep it up!
Capito Celcior chapter 12 . 3/5/2008
Oh did I ever enjoy this...I am eagerly awaiting more. I like your Riker School. A new school has occured often in the Harry Potter Fandom, a lot even teaching Darker Magics and Blood Magics. Still. Riker Academy is a very good example of this. I hope for more soon, as I will be adding this to my story alert.
Spotter of hell chapter 12 . 3/4/2008
I am loving this story, cant wait to see more
pen chapter 12 . 3/4/2008
I just ran across your story and the description interested my

sense of adventure. So several hours later I find myself in

withdrawl pains because I want to know what happens next.

I know I'll have to wait (im)patiently for the next installment.

I have noticed you occasionally mix up your tenses. As I am

a fast reader I pick up the gist of what you were writing with

hardly a stumble. For the most part your story is crafted well.

You also occasionally(rarely) mixup the genders(her instead of him...etc). On the scale of 1 to 10 I give you about 8.1.

I look forward to your next installment.

Nameste'

pen
june5634 chapter 12 . 3/2/2008
great story hope you update soon
Evelyna1 chapter 12 . 3/2/2008
Awesome, this is a very interesting story. Started a little clich├Ęd (I'm thinking "Stchorley" or "The Assassin" (unfortunately deleted)), but it evolved nicely.

Did you read Miranda Flairgold's stories? Riker kind of reminds me of Akren, but then this idea is common enough.

I like what you write here, it's great.

greez

Gertrud
b-nothing chapter 12 . 3/2/2008
ah! panicks there's no more chapters!

lol superb story. constructive criticism: ...

hehe.. i dont have any, this story is well written and thought out i love it alot, and am so happy to have found it :D

till next time,

b.
rabio chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
oh, didn't see it like this last time.

nice!
rabio chapter 12 . 2/29/2008
hello!

all in all, great story. nice plot, nice background, and allaround nice.

there is something you might want to work on, all the scene where they capture Kai is kinda not so good. he's supposed to be all great and mighty, yet all it takes to stop him for a while are the 2 Malfoys, who you picture as nothing compared to him.

even if you don't change it, your story is nice, but I almost stopped reading it during that scene.

thanks for writing,

Ori
Sdarian chapter 12 . 2/29/2008
This has been a great story! Keep up the good work!
Reyes Yong Nydia chapter 12 . 2/28/2008
pretty good.
Liedral chapter 12 . 2/26/2008
Wow... this fanfiction is extremely well written. I've read several assassin Harry stories, but all of them had him reveal his identity too soon(which is quite bogus in my opinion). Love the fact that he keeps the fact that he is 'Harry Potter' secret. I'm looking forward to reading more of his messing with Voldemort soon.
bookworm914 chapter 12 . 2/26/2008
Awesome chapter. It's nice to actually see him teaching in a teacher fic; interesting lesson, too. Keep it up.
CordeliaHunter chapter 12 . 2/25/2008
Great story. I especially like how you are developing the Hermione/Blaise pairing. Slow, subtle and very plausibly written. It's so good to see that they like each other for their personalities and not for their looks. Also like the idea of Draco Malfoy on the light side. The whole story is great, but I just loved the part where Harry teaches his 7th years. How he eggs on the students! Susan is shaping up to be quite a good character in this story. Perhaps Susan/Draco? You're amazing at writing the classroom teaching scenes. Hope we get more of them in future.

I'd like a little information about TechnoMages if you don't mind. When was the first time a TechnoMage appeared? (Since muggle technology is quite modern.) Will we meet the TechnoMage who did the installation at Rookwood's? I hope we do.

Overally, a beautifully written story, with just the right pace. Adding this into my fav and alert list. Do keep writing.
2,657 | « Prev Page 1 .. 124 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 144 .. Last Next »