Reviews for A Shadowed Soul
silversnitch4765 chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
this is def a good story, glad ur picking it back up..
Dark Lord Of Ori chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
well done cant wait to here Weasley's reply to Kai in class about the report. also is ginny going to be in the picture at all. keep the chapters rolling.
Orchamus chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
Wow, their society rocks.
Orchamus chapter 6 . 7/16/2009
Interesting story, love the complexity of the mageness and the interactions between characters. Always thought Snape could have been one of my more favored characters without the Potter hatred.
Manawydan chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
Who is this impostor and what have you done with Draco Malfoy? I've been rereading the 6th and 7th books and remembering how much of a pompous, arrogant, git he really is. I guess he redeems himself a little in the 7th (not much mind you) and you pity him in the end of the 6th, but thats just because life pretty much sucks for him with his family not being in Voldemorts good graces. The Malfoy in the books I expect would act much more like this Ron. Especially since it doesn't really sound like Lucius is on Voldemorts bad side right now.

I mean really, "If you're wondering what the smell is, Mother, a Mudblood just walked in," Not really a very endearing person.

I know you mentioned he does still have the 'mudblood problem', but he also had a fairly large prejudice to Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors (I know, I know, he interviewed Ravenclaw grr) and I can't really imagine those going away easily with this plot line or the fact that he's an arrogant prat. Basically Malfoy is pretty much the first person who comes to mind besides Snape with "blind judgements" and "making assumptions"

and I seem to have gone on a rather long rant about one character again. Oh well, on a pleasanter note I had a small whoop of joy on seeing this chapter pop up and I wasn't disappointed. Congratulations on the 10 reviews by the way, the number of hits must be huge by now... and I'm probably responsible for at least 100 of them.

So does Kai just for some reason use the muggle style of grading or did you mean to put 'T' not 'F' on Hermiones paper, I can imagine that causing some confusion on magically raised children XD

I'm still hoping you do a classroom scene with the 6th years. I'd like to see how you do Ginny and Luna would be pleasantly amusing. *laughs* I'd love to see Kai's reaction to Luna.

I'm also wondering how Neville managed to make it to Newt level Defense without the D.A... unless Remus privately tutored him a lot

And I feel like I'm forgetting something...

oh right, it was disgustingly easy for Kai to break into Askaban, shouldn't something have not gone exactly according to plan. Sure the dementors wouldn't be there because they left (they did leave, right?) but there would still be some security or else everyone would just walk out. And I would expect most wizards guarding askaban to be able to see thestrals... just because. And I really hope you don't support everything Kai does, because there's a reason breaking into prisons and killing people is illegal. They're fairly good reasons and I wholeheartedly support Dumbledore if he rebukes him on this.

I hope your muse comes back soon, I feel like a jumped into this story just as it left (I think I literally started reading it the day after you posted chapter 13.) Good Luck and farewell.

hope you enjoyed the long review, and hopefully the next chapter comes a tad bit sooner? (6 months? 5? 4 would be wonderfull)
rasul chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
this story is awesome. wish I had more of it too read. (hint!) anyways love malfoy in this. i can't imagine what the poor guy will go through before ending up on a particular side. ur probably going to make his head spin. woops for voldie- seems like kai is a step ahead of him. but i suppose voldie is probably going to get a win somewhere if he wants the blood. update soon can't wait for more.
TheUnrealInsomniac chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
Great chapter yet again.

I'm curious as to what Malfoy's ulterior motive is to saving Hermione, or maybe just his reason as its confusing haha.

Go Kai for wiping out half of the Inner Circle should make things a lot easier for the good guys

Looking forward to the next update

TUI
cecilia ann chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
i loved it.

update soon :)
jeremy chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
I really like your story and the concept of Riker Academy. I also noticed how it is very similar to Arken Academy in Changes in a Time of War by Miranda Flairgold. did u get the idea from there? Hope u update son.
Mav chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
I have been reading fanfics almost daily forthe last6 years and consider this one to be one of the best ones. Please continue
Blizzardfang chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
i love your plot but i loev your ckaracter kai more i wish this is what happened in the book
Luc chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
I didn't remember this anymore. A summary at the beginning would've been great. Now, I just have no time to re-read this. Although since it's on my alert, I'm sure it's been great.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
I just have to comment!

I opened this story, not knowing what to expect. At the end of chapter 1, I wasn't sure I liked it. I don't tend to like fanfics that are too far off canon, and this story is pretty "out there". I have also read other Harry/Tonks stories and haven't been a huge fan. Finally, I was of the mind that if this character was SO powerful, how'd he get captured, even if by 20 stunners? But I'm SO glad I kept reading!

I love the long, interesting, action-packed chapters and the development of the characters. I read all 14 chapters yesterday. I stayed up til 2am... not an easy task when you work full-time. This morning was a bit rough (haha). ;)

You seem to be asking for constructive criticism and input, so here you go... (these are JUST my opinions; you can do with them what you will.) In no particular order:

I absolutely LOVE the Kai/Shadow-Tonks/Chami relationship. I am hoping you keep that intact. It's like one of the bits of happiness he has in his life, and I want him to be happy. :) I'm a sap.

Dumbledore... I am hoping he doesn't get dumped on too much... I'm hoping that Kai keeps in mind that he (Dumbledore) had good intentions, even if they went awry in the end. Kind of a "the time for his way of thinking has come and gone" sort of treatment, if you know what I mean. I don't mind him being portrayed as a master manipulator, though. ;)

I really like the continued friendship between Sirius and Remus, and how they're reaching out to Kai. Again, it's got potential to be one of his "bits of happiness". (sap alert.)

I really like the development of Blaise's character. Shouldn't his practice pants start changing color soon? ;)

I LOVE the non-discrimination anti-prejudice line, and how it's so all-encompassing across magical creatures. You could go many ways with that. The Wizengamot scene was fun! I liked the invocation of the Old Magic.

To that end, I like how Draco is progressing. I really like that he stopped the attack on Hermione. I would LOVE to see Kai's plan for Draco to succeed.

Oh, and Hermione. I want her to grow UP already and start realizing her potential. She has all the raw materials. I'm hoping Kai brings some amazing things out of her. I would like to see her working out, becoming not only a magical entity to be reckoned with, but a physical tour de force. (and it would be cool for "Harry" to bring that out of her, kind of like how he did in canon.)

I think it could be interesting if she paired with Blaise, seeing as he's so close to Kai... lots of potential fodder there for story lines...

Ron... you could go many ways with him, couldn't you? In canon, he's usually a prat who eventually comes around. I'm not sure how I personally "want" him to end up in this version. I'm intrigued as to how you will treat him.

Well, that's my $0.02. I think that's all I have to say for now. Looking forward to updates!
deathshade37 chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
awsome story try not to take another big leave please.
Dwarven HP fan chapter 14 . 7/15/2009
Awesome chapter, looking forward to more!
3,139 | « Prev Page 1 .. 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 148 .. Last Next »