Reviews for Loving Ironhide
Silent Sage chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This one-sided -I don't think I can call it a romance, something or another was just beautifully written. The irony at the end, that she's killed by the embodiment of her one-sided love for Ironhide would kill her. Seriously, I was gawking at the ending for a moment and wondering if I read it correctly.
Kryss LaBryn chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Well-written and a good story. I like it. Thanks.

The longer version would have been cool to read but I totally understand why you went with the shorter version. ;-)
ShadowedBlossom chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This was amazing. Beautiful like a cracked jewel. You did a stunning job with so few words.
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Oh, this is beautiful! I love it. Ironhide never fully realising what kind of love Annabelle felt for him until her death is so sad, but it really fits the mood of the story.
Uniasus chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
I wouldn't call this angsty, bittersweet will do. I love the idea of Annabelle's ad, it's priceless and I'm sure would be a big hit even if it were to be produced IRL. Cute story.
Thyme In Her Eyes chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Because I did my very best to erase all memory of the Transformers movie from my mind, I was kinda reluctant to approach this 'fic; feeling a bit worried and doubtful that I'd be able to "get" this one.

But wow, I got it. God, this was so *sweet* and yet so horrible at the same time, and that's not an easy combination to pull off well. This was so beautiful, and so perfectly self-contained. I really got the sense of being invited into the private universe of the characters, and the trick of showing Annabelle through Ironhide's uncomprehending eyes, and being able to see and understand what he can't, was how you really got this story to shine. It's a very depressing view of how a Bot would react to a human in love, and yet it's also very fitting.

On a technical note, I'm amazed how you managed to include so many rich details that really brought me into the Lennox home and made their weird domestic situation come to life, but at the same time so smoothly and so sparsely managed to cover so many passing years. I could see all these precious mini-scenes and snapshot moments in my head. Your story didn't rush along either, but carried me along slowly as each paragraph (and set of years) developed so neatly into the next. And yet this 'fic is so short! You suggested so much with so little, and I've got so much to learn from you when it comes to economy when writing.

I also really liked how you portrayed Ironhide's changing perspective on Annabelle, from regarding her almost as a mission at first, then an incomprehensible little being, and finally a valued companion, but in the end just being unable to make that final emotional leap to understanding (let alone returning) her feelings. He never fully comprehends her, while she understands him too well. They were so familiar with each other, and yet so distant, and it wasn't grandly tragic, just sad and pitiful and strangely touching. But somehow, that didn't stop the story from keeping its spark of humour running all the way through - up to and including the wonderful/terrible irony of that *devastating* ending (how could you? T_T).

It's hard to pick a favourite line or moment, because there are so many great touches here (Annabelle chewing on Hide, dressing up as an Autobot for Halloween, her chunky metal jewelry, her eventual preference towards well-built military guys, and that advert! XD), but I really loved: "Hide, it'll be like having children!" It's so insane and so sweet, and so hopelessly sad, and *this* is what I love so much about your stories. These amazing moments of madness and sympathy.

And that ending. Oh. So painful to read (and this coming from someone who finds "sudden death" endings to be a total cop-out and very unsatisfying, but this was like a punch to the gut). Her soft, sad acceptance of this hopeless love, and then...that. It was so unexpected, and so cutting.

Personally, I'd love to see you expand on this, and get to read the extra scenes you mentioned in your notes. I can understand how they wouldn't fit in this piece, and the story is definitely better without them included imho (because then it would be more focused on "Annabelle's childhood" and would leave the story as a whole too sweet and fluffy, rather than simply charting the progression of her relationship - or lack thereof - with Ironhide), but I think the leftover material is really emotionally rich, and would be great for a drabble series. Like snapshots of a childhood with an Autobot, or something like that. It'd be lovely to see the innocent and heartwarming scenes away from the angst, imho. So if you're feeling in the mood for mecha fluff someday, why not give that a go? ;)

Anyway, I'll close now by reminding you that this was great. I'm not into this movie series at all, but I was pulled into this story so easily, and loved it. _
Captain Deadpool chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
Very poetic fic, a little sloppy here and there, but I think mine are worse, so whatever.
sweetloveallowed chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
this was a really great story. thanks for writing it!
Kirmon64 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
I've been sitting here after reading this for about five minutes, trying to think of what to say, and I've come to the realization that you've rendered me speechless with the awesomeness of your writing.

In other words, I really, really like this :)
Kari chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
Aww,that was so Sweet Ironhide So clueless even if he is brillant.
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
SQUEE! OMG! How could you possibly write something so dead on from simply watching the movie? I thought with such a limited basis, I would be walking into something rather amateurish. WOW!

Favorite lines:

"Even her annoying habits, such as coating him repeatedly in copious amounts of saliva or chewing on him to relieve the pain of teething, are no more than that: annoyances."

"She goes as far as to bring him ridiculous flowers to decorate his dashboard. Sometimes she cries and cries until his sensors alert him of a possible dehydration."

"Ironhide is too overwhelmed by the seemingly endless list of human’s antics to give every of her whims a second thought, and just answers honestly that yes, the numerous pieces of big, chunky metal jewellery that she wears makes her quite beautiful for a human in his optics, and let her kiss his mouth plate as much as she wants."

It's all so cute! Especially her dressing as an autobot and him chasing off the boys.

And such a sad ending. *sniff* It all touched me so. Way to go, girl! You definately impressed me.
Sothe chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
what a depressing ending to a good stroy
the ness-ness chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
O_O That was cool...I never thought that Ironhide would be that dense, but you made it work well. Good job!

~the ness-ness~
Gabriel The Fallen chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Beautiful, but very sad. I'ma gonna go cry now...

Good story, could have used more description, but is also very good as it is.
Zexion666 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
*sniffles* that was great. I had tears at the part about "It'll be like having children!". I