Reviews for Memento Mori
KaninNeko chapter 18 . 6/4
I absolutely loved this, and it was hilarious to think of poor Watari cringing throughout all of this. But I must ask, will there be a sequel? I'd like to think of at least and encore where you see that Light has come through the other side eventually, or the two as a bickering couple on an awkward date in some place that Light would still be unable to escape from XD.
MukuroLeonheart chapter 18 . 5/15
Wait. That's it? That can't be it. Where's the rest of it?
Well, I started this story at 1am its now 6am.

And I have naplan today.

As Light said.

Fuck me.
You're not familiar with rape and suicide are you...
Girlyfairly chapter 18 . 5/10
I just read this story this weekend and it's kinda weird because I can see that this story was written like 9years ago? But omg I don't know if you still have access to this account but believe me, this is one of my favorite stories, when I finished chapter 18 I was like disappointed because I thought that this story never had an end but then I read the summary and I saw it says "complete" so I read the chapter 18 again and I liked it but still sad, not because the ending was bad it was because I would have liked to keep reading but anyway this was just a great story :)
LunaAngel-Eclipse chapter 16 . 4/2
I'm hoping you keep the L x Light onsided. I honestly hate the yaoi right now and I felt nothing but disgust when I read you plan to have him care for L. I absolutely loath the idea of Light ever coming to like L in any way, shape or form . The only thing that makes the knowledge that they will eventually be in love bearable are the parts where Light stews in his contempt and where L feels guilty. I think there should be more scenes like that, so I can relish in sadistic delight as I see how one-sided and hopeless L's love is. It helps me pointedly ignore the truth of their future as a pairing.

I'm usually able to force myself to ignore my hate for L and read all the way up to chapter 18, but today previous chapters almost have me at my limit. I can only tolerate this L for so long after all. You are very good at making me empathise with Light and despise L, so kudos to you for that! The way you seem to try to force them together is a bit of a turn off though. I otherwise love this story! Seriously, I do like it very much, but ever since chapter 14 or so, my hatred for L has been building up with no outlet since Light doesn't win often enough to encourage me to keep reading. I also feel like Light doesn't hate L enough.

Don't trust me on that though! I have a horrifically shot temper but cannot hold grudges. In fact writing this rant/review has already calmed all my anger. Don't let my stupid temper make you think I don't like this story, though! I think you are a great writer. Your structure is quite compelling, your characterisation of a raped Light is fantastic, the concept is fascinating and ingenious! I refuse to send any of my anger in your direction!
This is very good... I'm happy I found it
I am an insomniac so at 4am its kind of rare for me to find good books. :)
Annnnnd it's midnight. This. Was. So. Awesome. This is actually the first multi-chapter fanfic I've read that actually captured L and Light perfectly. They're so themselves I almost feel like it's a hidden ending to Death Note. The wording and writing was splendid and I personally believe that this is something that could actually happen, as unfortunate as that might be. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY! ️ Kima
Sofie chapter 6 . 2/28
But don't ppl normally learn algebra at 6yrs, in 1st grade? I know I did.
Ninja girl chapter 18 . 2/8
Wow, good story! Very thought invoking!
I'm kind of worried about thus. I think Light was far too nice after the kiss, but he could just be hiding his feelings. I hope that is the case, and that he is indeed furious and disgusted. If he's all 'oh whatever, shit happens, I love you L' in the rest following chapters, I'm going to rage quit.
Holy shit, I was right. I guessed he was Light's rapist, and that he was the 'missing link' with the dates, but jesus, I didn't really think I'd be right! My hearts thumping in anticipation and anxiousness. I can't wait to see what happens in the next chaoter!
:( I don't like it when they fight. Makes my heart cry.
I think you handled the issue of rape and the impact on people extremely well. I look forward to reading the rest and I'm quite relived, because I've seen enough immature rape things to last a life time.
OpiumPoppy chapter 18 . 12/14/2015
I loved this story, I sped through it in a day and a night because I didn't want to stop reading!
You definitely improved as you went on. In terms of constructive criticism the first chapter was brilliant but just too fast paced. I can't speak for every victim ever but in my experience it should have taken Raito a bit longer to decide he wanted to kill himself. Basically I think even a genius would have been in shock and unable to process what had happened and how he felt about it so quickly. But that's only a pacing issue - nothing huge :) Now I'm going to check out your other stories!
1,448 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »