Reviews for The 23rd Day
Kayla chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Another flurry of punches ring off the bag and Kara's stance never falters. She knows how to fight. Regardless of the pain setting fire to her hands, she knows how to stay on the defensive. She knows how to attack, how to parry, how to take down an opponent twice her size.

She has no idea how to grieve.

Wow. Was really struck by these opening lines, very poetic and very true.

LOVE Lee helping Kara dress, was really sweet and poignant. Love that she felt an automatic incendiary response, it seemed so natural.

And the last couple lines were so beautiful and perfect, wrapping it all up. Lovely arc to this fic!
i read online chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
This was a really well-written, thoughtful piece. I like how you had them explore their feelings but not over-think, and how you mixed introspection, conversation, and action. Kara and Lee aren't exactly stable individuals (in this piece or in general), but you don't swing too far one way or another while still showing their inner turmoil. Thanks!
arielmoondance chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
me again... love this one too... esp "But she realizes in this moment, she doesn’t want to be strong, not anymore, because it’s killing her."

I like your feel for the confrontations that have Kara letting her guard down with Lee.

Great job!

Thanks for sharing!
angelstryst chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Beautiful story. Very well written. You really captured the complexity of emotions felt by both characters.