Reviews for The Boy's Gone
RemedyInRome chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Expresses the tragedy very realistically, methinksssssss
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Oh my goodness, that was so sad! But I think you nailed the feelings of grief... Jeez, I'm almost crying!
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Aw, this was heart wrenching and beutiful. I'm looking forward to more!
Dramione Forever chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Beautiful and so sad. It was really well written well done.
hondagirl chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I must admit I was surprised it was Bill who was killed. But I think you pulled it off very well. Seeing it through Molly's eyes was heartbreaking. So beautiful job here. :)

TheWordFountain chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Wow. This was so sad, and I felt terribly sorry for Molly.

Now, the best thing was the way you made her cry, and how she wasn't stunned and that she didn't try to act like it was all right. She finally let it all loose, not caring who was around her. That makes sense because death is a big thing, and I cannot see her trying to act like everything is fine.

I wished that maybe Molly could have had more thoughts, more emotions. I don't know. I'm always one who makes the characters thinking and feelings stronger and more dramatic. :)

Anyway, it was wonderful and I loved it! Good song choice.
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
This was incredibly sad, but well written. I had tears in my eyes when Arthur said he was proud of Bill. I don't like songfics much, but I enjoyed this.

- Gaby
lyin chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
my friend just lent me jason mraz's cd to burn, so for once i actually know the songfic song (i'm a classic rock kinda girl ;))- though i'll admit, not a big fan of songfics as a rule; it just sort of breaks up the story. (good song though). the idea of Molly being driven to scrub the floor herself just to do something and sobbing like a *dying (not dieing) animal was wrenching. and remus is darlingly in-character (of course hot chocolate would be his favorite drink) for his brief appearance... i wasn't really sure what possessed you to kill bill (poor bloke had it bad enough in HBP :( ), but for AU angst, the thought of molly not able to fix it like a scrape from trying to train doxies in the yard - great detail- her first son... and Arthur's reaction is just as strong, though briefer. really, though, i think it's stronger without the lyrics- quoting the song at the beginning or the end (though this is just imho :D) always seems stronger, and less distracting to me. nice job, though, good luck and keep writing!
fauves chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Aww I don't usually read Molly based stories but I liked this very much!

stella8h8chang chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
I might go and listen to the song now; you've used the lyrics really well here. You've also given us a really interesting look into Molly Weasley's character - you can see both her strength and her fragility. The imagery is gripping and the responses are all very thought-out and sensitive. It felt really hard to read without bursting into tears - so I can imagine how hard it was for you to write! Amazing, amazing work. And I would definitely be interested to read more!
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
Absolutely brilliant. I was dreading that you were going to end it with him waking up or something else equally happy, and I am SO glad you didn't. This is perfect the way it is. The lyrics are not too much, they add to the story just that right amount. I loved Molly using cleaning to try and bury her anxiety, I thought that was very much in character. And the grief is neither too much nor too little. Very poignant and filled with emotion.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
I think you got Molly's pain of losing Bill down right. Great job, you had me in tears at the end.
000989 chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Aw I loved it.

Sad, but good.

The lyrics tied into the main message of the story.

Good job :)
Poppy P chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
This was very powerful. As a mother, it was painful to read. However, it was well written and totally in character.
Bad Myrtle chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
That was heartbreaking. But I loved it. (Even though you killed Bill, who is my favourite .)