Reviews for In Love and War
Lunary chapter 35 . 6/7/2014
Heya

A great story, for a great show and great characters as well as actors who gave them live.

I loved and still love this series even if I can hardly remember when the first time was that I watched the show about our lovely heroes with all their humanity and their flaws and the loyalty they showed to their comrades.

I find it sad to read that Hawk lost him in the end to the one entity he fought so hard against in his past, but sweet that a part of BJ is still with him in the form of Erin and her support as well as her own grieve with his very own grieve.

I guess I would have loved to see some of the others with Hawkeye staying by his side like Trapper or if he was still alive Potter or even Winchester.

I can't remember if they told what happened to all of them in the last episode after the war ended and they could return home.

I mean I'm tempted to spoil myself and watch the very last episode before finishing the current ones or I just wait and watch it again after I've watched all the others.

Not quite sure yet.

But I love the way you wrote them, they stayed IC and I loved that Sidney was in the story as well, love you for the fact that you managed to give Pierce the closure to say goodbye to Trapper because in canon he wasn't able to and that you wrote an amazing story, because I couldn't stop reading after I started it.

I checked up on the actors that gave live to our characters in the M*A*S*H* 4077th and most of them are still alive.
Some of them died just a few years ago and it kind of makes me wish I had seen the reunion show called: M*A*S*H": 30th Anniversary Reunion from 2002 to just see them all again.

I don't think there will something like this Reunion show again because some of them are over 80 by now and sadly they don't get younger.

Anyway I started rambling.

So put a closure under my review thanks again for this story.

Regards,
Lunary
Wolf of the Dawn chapter 35 . 5/7/2012
Nooo! Nononononononono! Y-you killed him!

That was one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read, but now I have to eat half a slab of chocolate to get over the sudden onset of angst!
Lord Rebecca-sama chapter 35 . 2/25/2012
i hate you so much for the ending and i am on the verge of tears. _ but the entire story was very well written and it was a great read. great job. (i rly only hate u for the ending, otherwise, you are a very nice person who wrote a very good BJHawkeye story~ lol)

still hate the ending tho _

~Lord Rebecca-Sama
Joie Cullen chapter 24 . 2/9/2012
Eh, I see you've finished it already, but I would have loved much more. I loooooove long fics. And this one is REALLY good.
Joie Cullen chapter 4 . 2/3/2012
I'm pretty sure I love this already.
ElSaTa chapter 35 . 8/22/2011
I only found this story today! Was and still am a big "fan" of MASH and liked the story a lot. Great written.

Even if i first was a Trapper fan, when lateron BJ came to the show i started to feel more for BJ. THe interaction between the 3 of them was great.
Frankie and Avery.dont ask chapter 35 . 6/7/2010
I could argue with you that that was a horrible ending...but it wasn't. It was perfect. I loved the story. I know you updated this last 3 years ago, but i still loved it. And sorry, but you have officially made me hate Trapper.

Anyway, it was perfect. I loved it.
Tysonkaiexperiment chapter 35 . 9/9/2009
Well, I know it's been two years since this has been finished, but considering the fact I just got into MASH yaoi you'll have to forgive my lateness. xD I never even knew peopl wrote about the series, which is kinda sad, but as a girl going on 20 I probably should've thought of it better.

Anyways, I'd just love to say that this is one of the most beautifully written things I've ever seen. Fanfictions written like this keep me going and remind me there are people out there who can pull off wonderful work that urges me to keep reading.

This was actually my first BJHawkeye fanfiction, since my first yaoi was TrapperHawkeye, but I must say this fanfiction quickly turned me into a BJHawkeye fanatic. This is gloriously written, and, even if it's not MASH, I'd love to see you continue your work.

I hope you don't mind me favoriting this after two years. xD
Della chapter 35 . 11/3/2008
Hello there,

No arguments, just a *slaps you for making me cry in the last Chapter* - chuckle. Okay, now that my retribution has been administered, I shall leave me review - chuckle.

This story was so beautifully written, such a georgeous stroll through Hawkeye and BJ's frienshop/relationship, despite the nailbiting trouble Beej got himself into and the subsequent angst he caused Hawkeye.

It was such a gorgeous ride that reading the last Chapter was a bloody awful experience - one which inadvertently touched on a couple of personal experiences for me... hence the tears for Hawkeye and a few for myself and also a couple for those I have lost myself.

Wonderful tale. Well worth the time it took for me to read it all and I sincerely hope you get your MASH mojo back.

Take care

Della

:-)
Taluliaka chapter 35 . 10/11/2008
I'm really glad I found this story, because I nearly overlooked it because it was slash. I don't really like slash, slash done well is ok, but you rarely find it done,especially in this fandom.

But long story short, I ended up reading it, and apart from the very last chapter it was amazing.

You know the one, where you killed BJ and left Hawkeye alone and unloved, like everyone who writes MASH slash seems to like to do? *glare*

Yeah, so it was really well done. I particularly liked the Hawkeye characterisation and voice, it's the best I've read, and when/if I write anything for MASH, I'm going to use the first 34 chapters for ideas for creating Hawkeye's thought process.

So thank you for creating a believable, funny, sad story for a Hawkeye fan. But I don't thank you for killing off his love. That's just depressing.

ANYHOO, sorry if this sounds harsh. I adored the story in every other way, and warily liked the slash bits, it's just depressing that all these fics seem to end like this. With death which makes me want to search the cupboard for a bottle of alcohol to drain. Maybe I should make a still and put in my study for these moments. :)

So try and disregard my ramblings if you consider them offensive, because I'm actually a big fan of this story. If you want to argue, I'm up for it, I'll try to tempt you over to the friendship side and you can try and convert me to slash.

May the best girl win.

With much love and in the knowledge this review is far longer than it should be,

Taluliaka
Unbidden-Angel chapter 35 . 10/8/2008
I really loved it! It was great! You should be ashamed of you're-self though. You nearly made me cry. IT was so sad. I feel so bad for Hawkeye.
Militant Delusionalist chapter 35 . 8/7/2008
Beautiful Story. Nice to read some well written MASH. I just started to get into slash, and I always felt a subtext between Hawkeye and BJ when watching MASH. Watching them now is going to be interesting. :) I liked how very in character everyone was. I didn't hate Trapper, he was just misguided, and it all worked out. Though you did scare me with what Hawkeye did. It's 4am so I might be a little off in this review. I keep having to backspace. Anyways, this story was worth staying up all night reading! Definatley adding this to my faves. The only problem I had was the sad ending. You made me cry...but it was very apprioprate, and had a good sense of closure. So I guess there really wasn't a problem. Every story needs angst. Its just not real without it. So to end my ramble I'll just say that I love your story and I'm going to bed!

Militant Delusionalist
crazydbzfan87 chapter 35 . 5/23/2008
8 (or 10, I lost count) hours! That's how long I tortured my body by staying awake to read this fic and I'm happy (though tired) to say, it was worth it! What a perfect end. You're right, it just felt so...THERE, it made the story really feel ended. I applaude you.

I'm glad Hawk was able to get close to Erin to, that made me smile. I mean, coming from a family that was torn to shreds by a divorce such as that, it's nice to see it turn out better then my situation, even if it is just in a story! _

Overall, I think it's spectacular and definitely fav worthy, good job! I'm surprised you held my attention for so long (I was starting to nod off at around 1, but I stuck with it)! You made the characters believable as well as the plot and scene. The way you use your words paints a great picture in my head. Truly excellent! Keep up the great writting! :D

P.S: Er, as embarrassed as I feel asking, d'you think I could see the UNEDITED virsion of chapter 30? ;
Snape's Mistress 87 chapter 30 . 2/27/2008
I'd love to see the unedited version of this chapter ;)
Husker chapter 6 . 12/27/2007
u retard u made them gay, whats wrong with u?