Reviews for Summer of Independence
grovepjp chapter 18 . 9/22
Tx
Bukama Stealth chapter 10 . 8/1
you know the second I read the brain-who-lived I thought Harry should say, "Well you can be my Pinky then." followed by the theme song with Hermione changing it to: They're Pinky and the Brain. They're Pinky and the Brain. One is agenius whose also insane!
;)
gutenacht chapter 1 . 7/26
great story thanks
Amber9572 chapter 7 . 7/20
First off, I love both this fic and it's sequel. I can't even count the number of times I've read them. I do have a question though, or rather two closely related ones: how much was the salary increase for the Farm staff from what the stupid director paid them and is it so bad I won't want to see it because it will make me madder? Either way, these two fics both have a place in my top ten of any books, professional or amateur and I will be seeing what else you have written once I finish rereading this series because it is sure to be spectacular
Flakey42 chapter 18 . 7/11
All right, I'm surprised. I didn't expect this to just suddenly end, but I'm happy nonetheless.
I understand this review is somewhat late, but please do write a sequel. I would be rather interested to read it.
Other than some errors in spelling and grammar, this fanfiction is marvellous. Good story,
Flakey
610 chapter 16 . 6/21
Got up to the sixteenth chapter, in the last couple of chapters I felt that hermione is getting too much power, and now I stopped reading. Hermione, guardian of the lady of the lake and high priestess of the moon, and the daughter OF FUCKING SIRIUS BLACK! What about Harry? Sure he owns some places, like The Farm, and lord potter and black but why should hermione be stronger than harry. Harry is the main character so he should have the most power. On the other hand, I like how you fixed up Dudley and turned him into Harry's friend.
CheriM125 chapter 18 . 6/23
What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!
Bunny10345 chapter 18 . 5/20
This story is amazing! Maybe you can have an avengers crossover for the sequel
Deathcrow chapter 3 . 5/12
This is so silly. Encompasses almost everything bad about independent Harry stories. How can anyone take this seriously? The whole chapter is just a list of the amazingly over the top abilities of your protagonist. It's almost as if this were a parody, but it sounds like you're actually serious about stuff like Harry taking OWLs in subjects that he never learned or has minimal self-taught training in. 24 OWLs. Hilarious.
ShiftFrame chapter 5 . 3/28
...well... that prophecy was oddly specific... :/
KrisB-71854 chapter 18 . 3/26
I'm not much on the religion front. I don't mind it, but Hermione just doesn't seem to be the type.

About the one major thing that you did wrong as of yet, is Hermione isn't properly teaching Harry about the religion. I hope that makes its way into the sequel. It isn't that I care about the religion, but if you suddenly made Hermione a high priestess and she is basically Harry's sister of course he is going to be highly interested in said religion and likely convert or learn about it.

I've been mixed on the focus of Dudley being a squib and some how his life would be better in the magical world. Um, I cringe every time that I read or think that. Dudley as on the track to reforming and could have easily excelled in the mundane world.

I actually sort of enjoyed their earlier bonding. Instead of being hired for min. wage or low wage, he'd be looked at as a 3rd class citizen and will only get employment based on his family connections to Harry. That's supposed to be a step up?

Other that, I've enjoyed most of it. The focus on The Farm felt sort of the main event in this fic. You haven't done any long term romance building in this fic. Anna is the nearest, but they didn't date or kiss or anything. They just danced. He then danced with all the other girls and Anna was never really mentioned again.

Charlie got paired up or it looked like he got setup for the chance long term.

The one person that you've left out though is Luna. I can understand Ginny and Ron not being trusted. I can understand everyone else just about. Luna though? Nah, I just don't see her not being rather honest when she really makes a friend. Actually, I just wanted him to think of her and take a few pictures to send off to her. O.k. his magical creature sanctuary is a secret, but I have a feeling that the Lovegoods might be aware of a few of them and come across and keep those sorts of secrets.

I guess that I don't mind that you didn't have a romance subplot. Harry was far too busy while he was going through The Farm. He was trying everything and wanted to get a sense of everything.

If he runs off somewhere, it'll be to The Farm. It isn't secret enough.
This thing start regular and then start going south with the Hermione bashing. You really are lost. About Ron and the Weasley yes they all are moron and bullies, but the bashing of him make no sense as he really cannot add anything to any story unless you are a bully.
Money back in those day it was around 2 dollars to the pound so not £100 more like £30
noylj chapter 7 . 2/9
US$?
Seem low.
BillBrink chapter 18 . 1/29
I liked the story, but felt it fizzled out at the end. You also filled a lot of chapters with the camp and vacations which didn't add to the main conflict. I think the main protagonists were Dumbles and Voldy, and neither were really dealt with by the end. The only one that got her dues was Ginny and her main crime was something she only intended to do which was thrown in near the end.
I hope you continue to write. Thank you for sharing it with us.