Reviews for Summer of Independence
Jimbocous chapter 18 . 10/12
Thanks for a great (re)read! Very nicely done.
Suelen chapter 2 . 9/16
The story has potential, the topics are good. But it's all happening so fast, and it's all stuck together, there's no page break to separate by day or week, it feels like everything is happening at the same time.
Stingray572 chapter 7 . 9/15
So I'm gonna drop the story here (multiple reasons but mainly just not that drawn in to the writing style) but I want to ask how you think any FULL TIME employee in the states would work for a couple hundred a month? Even if everybody got the exact same wages the budget would give each person 5k a year. What's the logic behind it?
abishasoans chapter 18 . 8/12
Doesn't feel finished
abishasoans chapter 13 . 8/12
Love this fic, but I'm starting to feel like 80% of it is the quidditch camp. Not that that's bad, but the chapters are running outI really want to see a confrontation with Dumbles
Kai chapter 10 . 8/2
Btw, taking something that's not yours is called "stealing", "steel" is an alloy of iron and carbon.
Kai chapter 9 . 8/2
Btw, "lose" is the opposite of "win, gain", "loose" is the opposite of "fixed", you'd be hard pressed to loose weight.
Ethan Rhodes chapter 7 . 8/3
\I'm Ash by the way and I am the beast keeper here./

In regards to the beasts did Ash Ketchem himself or did he have help xD
Kai chapter 6 . 7/31
The muggle studies exam is only easy for muggle raised by default if they ask about contemporary muggle life.

Not even Hermione would be able to answer questions about everyday life in the late 1800 or early 1900 off the bat. Society and technology have massively improved since then and what does Hermione know about horseless carriages, child labour, sailing ships, the quality of products from different countries in comparison, when especially after the Second World War industry has changed the world? What does she know about colonies, or about long outdated weaponry? About late Victorian fashion? About a world where electricity is still kind of a novelty in normal households, electronics are yet to be discovered, where communication with just lifting a telephone receiver and punching numbers is still in the future? Or entertainment possibilities where cinema is black and white, silent with a poor piano player below the screen and the average movie length is a quarter of an hour? Far less being able to watch at home.
Kai chapter 4 . 7/31
Of course the Dursleys have never spent a single cent on Harry. Why would they? They're English and those tend to spend pennies/pence/pounds. As they have refused to adopt the Euro (and they weren't even thinking about adopting Dollars) they never HAD cents to spend.
A pleasure to reread this. Thank you for writing!
A chapter 1 . 7/21
Wait a second, that doesn't make sense. If 1 hour is 1 minute then 24 hours is 24 minutes and 24 x 30 is 720 which is 12 hours in total. If he disappears for 12 hours then how can he reach for lunch in time without making everyone worried?
Jodie chapter 2 . 7/8
Ok, this chapter title sounds like a Lockhart book. I love it
Guest What chapter 7 . 6/8
The clerk earns $2.2 a day?!
I can just see Harry turning and asking in all seriousness, "Petunia, were you adopted?"
1,032 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »