Reviews for Nothing but Fireworks
MsFrizzle chapter 5 . 10/2/2013
I liked how you took on this issue. In the series overshadowing is treated to lightly like it is all a little prank. Danny certainly needed to be slapped up against the side of his head and told: pay attention! This is a serious violation.

With so much history behind them, I'm glad Danny and Tucker were able to work it out. In a later episode Danny again tries to overshadow Tucker to save him from Desire's spell. This time Tucker was able to counteract Danny's powers and throw him out.
Silvershadow471 chapter 5 . 8/29/2010
I loved this! That overshadowing scene in 'Parental Bonding' is still one of my favorite parts in the series. This fic was amazing; it was touching in a paranormal way and awkward in a normal-ish kind of way. I love the feeling I get when in an odd or disturbing situation, and Tucker's explanation of the overshadowing process...wow... Just wow.

Great spelling, grammar, dialogue, descriptions, everything! It was a great read and certainly something to be proud of. I can't find the words to describe my praise for this fic. A check in the 'Favorite' box later, and I'm reading this again and again.

Again, amazing. Just amazing. :)

~Silvershadow471
Aquawyrm chapter 5 . 11/10/2008
He made him give his father the parent-teacher conference he'd been trying to avoid. The thing that tipped the whole mess over the scales...and Danny has to play the part of Mr. Lancer.

It's perfect.

This is so well done...I could FEEL the tension! When Danny figured out how to turn it back on himself, how to make it all right again, I think my heart was probably beating as hard as his was. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the fourth chapter. Good job!
MyAibou chapter 5 . 6/16/2008
Wow. This was really impressive. A good job delving into the after affects of what seemed so harmless at the time but really wasn't. I think you did a great job of showing how wrong it is, and the physical description from Tucker was chilling.

Only two small criticisms: I'm not sure Tucker gets quite that much high ground, considering the fact that he seemed to have no problem with Danny overshadowing his dad or anyone other than Tucker himself. Also, it's a little distracting when you switch POV characters in the middle of a section.

But neither of those take away from the really big emotional impact, and Danny's solution really was excellent. Thanks for covering a loose thread that has always bugged me!
chalicity chapter 5 . 10/23/2007
very inventive! and well-written. the descriptions for being overshadowed are chilling and the idea quite horrific! danny had no idea...

three cheers for you!
PaddysGal chapter 5 . 9/23/2007
This is an awesome story. no one has done something like this.
Frog chapter 5 . 8/25/2007
Hey, I hardly ever review stories, but I have to say I love yours. The only possible problem I see with 'Fireworks' is that Danny DOES overshadow Tucker again in cannon, something that I couldn't see him doing after this story. Other than that, I really liked it, and please continue writing! ;)
Zoko chapter 5 . 8/23/2007
I have to say this was realy good and it really blend in with your other fic. The emotions and tension between Danny and Tucker about his use of power.

Though I'm courios if your going to due one about Danny dating Val and what Tucker and Sam reactions. Becuase you do a real good job of doing a in between what happens and making the characters stand out with personality.
Invader Johnny chapter 5 . 8/19/2007
Oh boy Danny will be in big trouble after this, damn, Tucker certanly had one specific way to get "revenge" on Danny.

Im certain that Dannys gonna have a conversation later on as himself and NOT Mr. Lancer with his dad.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 5 . 8/19/2007
I think Danny would take a fight with Skulker over this any day. Great job with Tucker's order.

southernstarshadow chapter 5 . 8/19/2007
Brilliant! Truely brilliant!

Like I said before: Crafty yet of good nature. )

'For that matter, Jack still couldn’t quite remember there ever being earlier appointment, although he was oddly comforted to hear the teacher mention the postponement. His tattered patchwork of half-perceived memories rearranged themselves neatly to accommodate this new information.'

Beautiful! Jack feels better now. The missin' pieces finally seem to fit in somewhere. *smiles* Now he can stop Jazz's spasm. XD

Hehe...Danny now knows 'kinda' what it feels like...good for him. I betcha he thinks twice before doin' it again...or does he? Afterall he does overshadow Tucker again in "Identity Crisis" doesn't he? I smell a plotbunny! Ah! *runs to hide*

~S
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Magnificent. Good dialogues, and great description of the overshadowing feeling and process.

Danny practically gave Tucker the trigger of one of the world's most powerful weapons... Danny himself.

southernstarshadow chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Hmm...I wonder what Tuck's got planned for Dany? This is marvelous! The whole "eye for an eye" idea is perfect. Witty, I must say. And the description of the overshadowin'-Outstandin'! I can't really put my comments into words at the moment, but I will say that I'm lookin' forward to the epilogue with my eyes glued to the screen! ;-)

~S
Invader Johnny chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Oh I wonder what Tucker will order Danny to do?

The suspense is killing me, this little chapter has been the best so far, now I gotta wait for the FINAL chapter of the story to find out if this offer will solve their current troubles.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 3 . 8/13/2007
Excellent job here. Having Tucker showing Danny the effects of his power is a good way to show some responsibility to the young halfa, especially since, at this point of the series, he was very unexperienced and immature.