Reviews for Another Simple Mission
chibi heishi chapter 9 . 2/5/2010
This was really good, and I'm glad that the chocobo made it. Though... did Zack REALLY just compare himself to a kitten?
chibi heishi chapter 6 . 2/4/2010
Aww, poor chocobo!
chibi heishi chapter 4 . 2/4/2010
...jeez, where's the Turks when you need them? They're actually TRAINED for this sneak stuff.
Tikigod784 chapter 9 . 6/24/2008
crazy story. But I must ask, is Zack using the Buster sword at the time that he enters Dismal? I couldn't be sure, but it kinda seems like he's using a standard SOLDIER blade...
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 9 . 8/6/2007
XD Yayayay, Sephiroth and existentialism! I'm starting to think Zack would be a bit of an objectivist. LOL.

Maryn's still adorable. . Love her to bits. ...Dude, you could totally name the chocobo after Ayn Rand. LOL. I think it's bedtime.

Anyway, fun story. Who cares if they don't go on missions together in canon, right? That's why we have fics! X3
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 8 . 8/6/2007
Haha yeah, but no President Shinra would be pretty useless in a battle; he's all like...fat and stuff. XD Um but, yay, Rude and Reno cameo!

Fun, exciting chapter. *thumbs up!*
1wngdngl chapter 9 . 8/5/2007
That's...the end? I thought it was just taking off...

Hnn...this story, it's not /bad/, but..it just felt rushed to me. The whole "traitors in Shinra" thing seemed sorta contrived, and not explained well enough. I thought now would have been a great tiime to reference the SOLDIERs with wings, since you mentioned them in both Lonliness and S&M. Also, if I'm being nit-picky, there were one or two spelling mistakes, liked 'dived' instead of 'dove'.

As long as I'm here...*don't hate me*, I wanted to ask a few things that have been bothering me...

Why does Seph have glasses? That's not canon, which is Ok, since this is fanfic. But, he doesn't have them in T&D/S&M. Plus, wouldn't being in SOLDIER at least require a vision test?

Actually, all of your SOLDIERs seem a bit weaker than normal. Little things like Seph being hardly able to use his sword with his other hand, climbing slowly down a helicopter ladder rather than jumping (remember Zack jumping out of the copter to land on the train in the CC trailer?), wounds taking too long to heal...Are you trying to humanize them by giving them more flaws?

Why does Gaia have commercial airlines and Internet? As a far as I've seen, they use copters, boats, trains, /maybe/ an airship. But a commercial plane with magazines and in-flight movies? Also, I know Shinra's got a network, but they wouldn't call it 'Internet'. Maybe 'Shinra Network', or 'InfoNet', but what are the odds they would use the same term as us? These things are unconcious breaches of the fourth wall. Not as bad as 'Choco Nuggets' or Cloud listening to 'My Chemical Romance', but jarring nonetheless. It would feel more authentic to come up with your own ideas. They don't live in our world, but sometimes it's easy to forget.

Any reason why Seph grew up in a lab? I mean, if he already /knows/ all about the experiments Hojo's done, why would he act the way he did at Nibelheim?

I really like friendship between Zack and Seph; it's so hard to find it written well without it turning into Yaoi. But, they sometimes seem /too/ close in your stories. It's like, Seph thinks frequently about how Zack is his only real friend, the only person he can trust, how he can't imagine losing him, etc. But then, why (unless you've altered it) didn't he even /try/ talking to Zack at Nibelheim? He's already told Zack about his past, and shown him his scars and his wing; why would this be any different? I know you said that Jenova suggested that Zack had betrayed him, but would Seph really trust a mysterious voice over his long-time friend?

And, is it just me, or do Zack and Seph go on an inordinate number of missions together? Considering there's not many who reach First Class, wouldn't they want to spread them around? I've yet to see you write either of them on a mission with someone else.

One more thing; each chapter has frequent shifts in point of view. This chapter alone switches from Seph, to Zack, to Seph, to Zack, and back to Seph again. Sometimes it reads like:

Sephiroth looked at Zack, concerned. "Are you alright?"

Zack smiled slightly."Yeah, I'm fine". Actually, he wasn't at all what you'd call 'alright', but right now he had no choice but to work through his pain.

Sephiroth chose to accept the reply, but decided to watch Zack more closly from now on.

Not only is it hard to keep track of, it wrecks the suspense and can even be redundant. IMO, it would be better to write the above either:

Sephiroth looked at Zack, concerned. "Are you alright?"

Zack smiled slightly."Yeah, I'm fine".

Or, from Zack's POV:

Sephiroth looked at Zack, concerned. "Are you alright?"

Sephiroth nodded and continued on, but Zack knew that other would continue to worry until they got Zack somewhere safe.

I'm not trying to be a bitch, really! Just, some of these things have been nagging at me, and it's distracting. This story is a great first draft; but it seems unfinished. I know you're a great writer, so I want to see that expressed in all your work.
CornCob chapter 9 . 8/5/2007
aw, what a wonderful story this was. I liked his whole inner debate about leaving that line in his email (though the thought of him holding a laptop makes me smile, seph/technology don't mix to me).

Will definitely be on board for the next story
Kazaam chapter 9 . 8/5/2007
Yay, you finished! It's been such a great read.

I really like how Seph turned out to be rather philosophical in this chapter. I think it fits him quite well.

Can't wait to see what other stories you've got in store!

-Kazaam
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 7 . 8/3/2007
Yay, more adorable banter at the end! XD

I loved the conversation they had in the snow. Sephiroth and his existentialism, LOL. ...You know I totally thought the wing scene was in a different fic. XD I guess that's 'cause you had it as a standalone blurb in your LJ once, right? And I'm like stupidly tired so. XP

Yay, I'm really excited for the big showdown coming up!
Kazaam chapter 7 . 8/3/2007
Yay! Another chapter. :)

I really liked this one a lot...I enjoyed the interaction between Seph and Zack, and I'm glad they pulled through alright!

Such a great story!

Looking forward to the rest, as always!

-Kazaam
CornCob chapter 7 . 8/3/2007
oh thank GOD!

They made it out safe, and they found some of their men! Or rather...some of their men found them.

Hopefully they can get everything sorted out back in Midgar and don't overexcert themselves.

And i love that little chocobo! I am surprised Zack hasn't named her yet
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 6 . 8/1/2007
Aw, not the chocobo. ;_; I like her; she kicked serious ass. So, yeah, how much did I LOVE the high-speed chocobo chase scene? :D I loved all the cracks they made, especially the hair jokes. I have inhaled my own hair before, back when it was long, and let me tell you it is NOT fun.

The Rakeshes are just like this one bad guy on Lost; they can't seem to stay dead! XD Will Azazel stay dead this time? ... I hope so. .

I'm worried about how they're going to sort everything out! I mean with Shinra... (that article totally sounds like it was written by Rita Skeeter from Harry Potter XD) and then of course with Maryn and Trista. _

See you!
CornCob chapter 6 . 7/31/2007
oh good lord, PLEASE tell me that guy is actually dead, and doesn't wander back later, wanting revenge for his lost hand. haha

And I have never heard Zack's hair described as imitation rockstar, but you're right! haha, very funny

and seph needs to stop getting shot at/hurt in general! that man has crap-luck
Kazaam chapter 5 . 7/29/2007
Not another Rakesh! Such a plot twist! :)

Can't wait to see how this one turns out!