Reviews for Smoke and Flowers
Glaux Bryonia chapter 9 . 11/5
Oh. My. God. This? Is Marvelous. Wonderful, wonderful work. Since I've checked the status of you most recently updated story I know that you're still active on this site. I can only pray you'll one day see fit to share more of this story with us. Thank you for writing!
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 9 . 10/13
The more serious tone of this story, compared to Breathing Lessons, works really well I think. All of the main characters are very believable, especially Nanao. Gin and Aizen are just creepy!
PotatoLizard chapter 9 . 8/29
This is one of the best things I've ever read, hands down. It's been hilarious and tense and fucking amazing and I thank you for it. So so much
i' chapter 9 . 8/25
I'm assuming you've abandoned this, but I just had to let you know how much I love your writing. They dynamics between all the characters are perfect, and the plot is very interesting. If you ever feel like writing some more of this, I'll be first in line to read it!
Hija del Angel chapter 9 . 6/4
In the end? I think this story is better than Breathing Lessons. The bitter-sweetness takes my breath away, occasionally, and if it doesn't make me giggle at every corner, the moments when it strikes me just right, such as the moment when Nanao cut off Shunsui's hat, left me biting back satisfaction right along-side her. Nothing against him, but.. yeah.

It's very very lovely. And I'm pretty sure it's doomed, yeah? I mean when one returns after five years or so, one doesn't return to one's writings of five years ago. A lot of things change in five years. That makes me a little sad.

That's okay though. People should have fun writing as well as reading.
QueenMaj chapter 9 . 6/3
Aww! I'm really upset that this was abandoned. PLEASE continue!
Ko'orisha chapter 9 . 5/14
My my, I'm probably later than ever, but this is a good story and I dare say that I wouldn't mind if you um turned it into a thousand word fic. But anyway I love it for your insane depiction of Gin and how you worked out Kyoraku and Nanao and basically everything. I've read your other fics ahd I say this is my personal favourite :) Thanks for writing something so good, it made my day in a very sadistic way :D
StreetlightsAndCityscapes chapter 9 . 2/26
...And here I thought I was going to get a whimsical fic. Oh, well: I got something better :)
8 years late, but update?
BlAcKoNiX chapter 9 . 2/20
Please update soon ! This is FANTASTIC!
Le Queen of Morons chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
I've just stumbled across this story today, and I'm hooked. You've successfully distracted me completely from working on today's writing load.

That's okay. I'll just have to put a few more hours into my day to compensate for becoming absorbed into this story's awesomeness. Well done!
Gyreflight chapter 9 . 3/25/2014
I really like this. It has the same attitude and even occasional touches of humour as Breathing Lessons (“Unspeakable things crawled in the corners, some of them on the payroll”), but with a sharper edge, befitting the situation the characters have found themselves in.

Shunsui’s caution is reasonable, softened by a willingness to offer a chance where one might be needed, but sensible given the circumstances. Nanao is still recognisably herself, but with a fey edge here that she hasn’t needed before - she’s right to say she’s not quite suicidal, but with nothing important left to lose, her judgement of acceptable risk may be somewhat skewed… (I dearly loved watching that fight – Nanao doesn’t often get to shine in this arena, and you made it entirely believable, without giving her an unreasonable power-up. She /is/ Vice Captain material, after all).

The parallels were nicely drawn: sitting seiza to Shunsui and sitting seiza to Gin (super-creepifying as you wrote him here) are not at all the same thing…except in the defensive psychology and reactions which remain the same (“Sir,” – and then same from Gin to Aizen – neatly done.)

Oh, and I enjoyed the way you wrote the shinigami-swordspirit relationships (I have a peculiar fondness for properly-alien friendships, and I like the way these look to be going).
Nagasasu chapter 8 . 2/20/2014
Hi, I actually read this story many many years ago, and since I was in the mood for Nanao/Shunsui again after all those years I re-read both this and Breathing Lessons. I just wanted to let you know how very much I still like these stories, and that reading them has brought me just as much joy this time around. :) While it's been such awhile, I certainly wouldn't mind if you ever chose to resume posting fics here. I've always liked Smoke and Flowers, both for its elements of h/c and it's slow burn.
jcampbellohten chapter 9 . 2/4/2014
Oh my wow. Just WOW. I guess this is completed, but I would not mind more of this artwork you call fanfiction. Half my enjoyment of this story was from the content and half from your way with words. I read straight through and couldn't stop to review after each chapter, so I forget the specific examples I had in mind, but there were a few times when I had to stop just to admire the literary quality of the prose in front of me. You are far above the standard for my fanfiction reading and I relish it; I will be sad when I finish going through your work that I'll read (i.e., the Bleach stuff). By the way, I came here from the Authors section of the Bleach fanfic Recommendations page at TV Tropes (and I agree with the recommendation).
Sings-to-the-Sky chapter 9 . 7/31/2013
I just wanted to say, though I know you will probably never see this... You are amazing. Completely amazing. I just finished reading Breathing Lessons as well, and I've never laughed so hard in my life. And in this story, when Nanao yells "Pistol!" through the wall, I think I cracked a rib. The darker intrigue of this story is nothing short of utterly captivating; thank you for sharing at least this much with us. :)
That Girl chapter 9 . 7/20/2013
Wait, wait, you didn't just END it there did you?! *cries* Why?! It was soo good!

*goes into mourning*