Reviews for Here's to the Night
JojoLightningfingers chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Wut, FalconMarth, what is this I don't even...

Yeah. This might be a crack pairing that I never would have thought of in a million years, but it's insanely well-written. :3
Mild Guy chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I should begin by saying that I normally do not go out of my way to read romance stories, but I enjoyed this story thoroughly. Not only that, I think you’ve spoiled me on most of the Romance fiction stored within the SMB category.

Erotic and sweet, touched with the slightest hint of cynicism on Marth’s part. Characterization is strong yet subtle, and definitely my favorite aspect of your writing here. Marth and Falcon read like real, believable people; and what’s better, they’re 2 different believable people. All too often I read stories where every character speaks with the same voice and thinks with the same mind.

The structural choices you’ve made, alternating flashback segments in Italics between the blocks of current narration, are unusual but work nicely for a short story. Was this inspired by any author in particular?

If I have one tiny criticism, it’s that I really don’t believe Falcon would mistake Marth’s gender, not past a second glance anyways. I didn’t even pick up on that until my second reading, so no big deal.

One of my favorite lines, among many: “But in the end the stress relief value is too great—I find myself in front of your door once more, wondering whether you’ve tired of me yet. Every time I see your face without the helmet, I have my answer.”

I enjoyed this, and here’s hoping for some Brawl material. Cheers.
Shuiro Ecstacy chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Very well done! I'll admit, I didn't think of this possibility, but you made it seem like it was "meant to be". Brilliant!

The writing in general and descriptions of Marth's thoughts and memories were amazing.

I think I'm sticking to LinkxMarthxRoy. They're very cliche pairings, yes, but I happen to think they're adorable.

Still, I can imagine someone as fragile and flamboyant as Marth and someone as ostentatious and defensive as Falcon together. It just seems right, especially when you put it in the situation you have.

Very, very well done!

trevor passions chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
dwight dwight dwight dwigt dwight dwight dwight dwight WHAT ARE YOU DOING

FlamingDoritos chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Oh, melikey! It has been favorited.
princesspyro296 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Loved it!I Never every thought of pairing and Marth XD
Circle chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
Still interesting but i liked the other one better
IlikeYuki chapter 1 . 7/20/2007

Well I liked it! That's a pretty interesting pairing, and Marth and Capt. Falcon seemed in character. Good work! -
El Nino1 chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Man, I love getting presents. _ I bet Falcon's idea of pillow talk switches between a lecherous version of "Show me your moves," and "YES!"

But damn. That was good. Prose was very clean. Characterization came across as believable (as believable as queerness in a videogame fic can be). Even though they're starting to develop feelings for each other, Falcon still plays the field; Marth is still a little reserved emotionally. Very nice. Especially well developed for a simple plot built around the decision whether or not to knock on someone's door. Though crossing the threshold can be taken as symbolic of a transition.

And as for criticism? Well, you've managed to sell me on a story written in a style best suited in romances, which normally doesn't engage me. I only saw that the narration falters in one point: "I had not remembered the remark you had made in ignorance of my sex until after the door was half-closed behind me, but I remembered-how could I forget-the way you looked at me that day./I also remembered the look of incredulity as someone, Roy probably, informed you that I was not actually a girl." This is a tricky couple of lines. Marth is remembering something he remembered on some night in the past. It threw me off the first time, trying to place what happened when. Maybe there's a way to clear this up. You might have to break up a well-worded sentence, but if it were me, I would prefer the clarity.

Beyond that, you made me see something I thought I would never see. Falcon getting laid. In a yaoi fic. With Marth. Thought I was the only one weird enough to even try. And even then it would probably only involve a quick grope, immediately followed by a racer getting dolphin-slashed off of a giant floating Squirtle. But hey, not only did you beat me to it, you made it all mature and romantic.

As for your other comments, thank you. You are a good writer too, and with better potential than me.
bijoukaiba chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Well, I certainly liked it! While Falcon/Marth isn't my favorite (more of a LinMar girl personally), I've become a fan of it over time, mostly because Marth and Falcon-sama are really close friends in one of my fanfics.

I'll put this on faves and I hope El Nino liked this.