Reviews for All's Well that Ends Well
JC RH chapter 23 . 11/15/2017
I agree with other reviewers. This is about a selfish character. Now, I don't mind a selfish character if it's well developed and acts accordingly. Every person has the right tp be selfish here and there. But there is a limit. Specially in a loving relationship. I hate Hermione in this. Even if Ron gives her whole she never does. Sure, Hermione has the right to do whatever she wants with her life, but there is a limit goddamit. And the secrets she kept is too much. Again, if she acted accordingly I'll be fine. But act up to it goddamnit. Don't be manipulative and ask for forgiveness. I hate characters and people like this. And yeah, both parties should do mutual sacrifices in a relationship. And again, I get Ron loves her but I don't get why he stays with her if she can't even say sorry. And the OCs suck too. Should have done without them or a little less with them.
writemealetter chapter 24 . 4/26/2012
Great story, Im so glad that Hermione can do magic again. I can't wait to see what happens next.
X-Ray Hearing chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
GOd, Hermione is so selfish. She is confronted with a host of decisions in your stories, and in every single one she chooses the outcome that is best for her. Never best for Ron, always best for her.

What exactly has she done to deserve Ron? She lies to him constantly. Ignores his concerns over her work. Never apologizes or fixes anything wrong, only waits for Ron to do it. Treats him like a child unable to understand adult situations. I have no idea why Ron would put up with all of this, other than the fact that you checked the R/Hr pairing box so you wanted it to turn out that way...because this isn't a relationship. This is Hermione and her lackey/assistant.

The last reviewer commented on why these stories don't have more reviews...it's because their is very little to like, no matter how well-written.
Panda chapter 48 . 4/18/2012
I wondered why this story had so few reviews, when it and the ones leading up to it were so obviously well done. My heart aches for this Hermione, because I am and have been her.
cleansweep21 chapter 33 . 2/24/2011
I think I asked this before, but how come Harry and Ron don't remember this sexual encounter? I understand Hermione didn't because she took the memory out. But the whole series, until now, Harry and Ron make clear that this is something Rita Skeeter made up when Ron gave her that drunken interview. Why the change here?
cleansweep21 chapter 48 . 2/23/2011
This was a well-written series. I think you took the original characters and made them your own (which you had to do for this story line, lol!) It was also an impressive story arc (minus a few holes); you planted seeds in early stories and pulled them out of the ground later on.

But I think I finally figured out the thing that bothered me during this series: Ron and Hermione's relationship is an unequal partnership. It seems like Ron had to sacrifice much more than Hermione did to make the relationship work out.

Ron had to come to terms with Hermione's horrible decisions in Amsterdam. And not only once, he had to do so repeatedly throughout their marriage because Hermione was never completely honest with him. Ron did treat her poorly with his outbursts at times during the story, but isn't he just a little justified? He's trying to move on, but he can't because all these details that Hermione never shared with him come out and hit him in the face at different points in his life. Hermione's stoned orgy is a shadow over their whole marriage because Hermione never had the guts or the trust in Ron to get it all out in the open. I've seen him criticized for not moving past this, but how can he when it gets refreshed so often?

Ron also has to watch as Hermione pursues a career as an Unspeakable that is clearly detrimental to her health. Not only that, he can't converse with her about work. Ever. Hermione is obsessed with her work to the point of injury, but Ron never knows what causes it. Ever! I know she did remarkable things during her career, but he's the one who has to watch as the person he loves most runs herself into the ground from time to time. He's the one who has to nurse her back to health. He probably would have liked more children, too, but the twin tolls that Hermione's career and drugged-out early lifestyle took on her body contributed to ending that thought. Ron even had to get chewed out by her so that he could get a house elf to ease the magical strain on her.

Ron has to accept the huge role that Hermione's ex-lover Viktor (and Todor!) played in her life. Viktor even marries one of Ron's relatives, and Ron can always feel Viktor's presence. Ron also has to accept that Viktor had a more intimate knowledge of Hermione than Ron did even after being married to her for 20 years when he had to call Viktor to the hospital. How humiliating must that have been, and how much did that hurt him? And Hermione's reaction when he told her about what he had to do was pure self-pity.

What did Hermione give up? Not too much. She had to give up some pride when Ron found out about Amsterdam. She had her feelings hurt a few times when Ron got out of control. But she got the career she wanted, kept Viktor in her life, didn't bother to tell Ron about Amsterdam excpet when she was forced to, and still managed to lay multiple guilt trips on him when he said something wrong. Did she ever even apologize for keeping so many secrets from him for so long? If she did, it's more of a "I'm sorry you found out" than an actual act of contrition. Watching Hermione wallow in self-pity every time Ron found out another detail she didn't want to tell him was extremely off-putting. She never seems to express empathy with Ron when she gets injured from her job, either. Every time Ron expresses concern about her work she bites his head off.

Clearly Hermione's made many mistakes, but it always seems to be Ron apologizing in this series for saying the wrong thing. After looking at their relationship, though, it seems like Hermione should be a little more grateful for the sacrifices Ron made for her that gave her a chance at happiness. It would have been nice if she returned the favor, but obviously Ron's more than okay meeting her way past halfway if he's stayed married to her for so long.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the series, but looking at the unequal sacrifices of this marriage did bother me. But if it's good enough for Ron, I guess it'll have to be good enough for me.
cleansweep21 chapter 46 . 2/23/2011
While reading this story I've given Hermione the benefit of the doubt, even though I've strongly disagreed with her past actions. But after reading this chapter I've rethought my position.

This chapter seems like it's presented to help readers understand Hermione's actions and sympathize with her, but I just came away disgusted. I feel bad that she was unwillingly given ecstasy. But she willingly took heroin. Even if it didn't look like heroin, she knew it was a mind-altering substance but she took it more than once; she even asked for it. You write her as a genius, so it's not believable that she wouldn't know it's a psychedelic substance after she experienced it. Which only means she wanted to do it. And not telling Ron about all of what happened to her shows selfishness and a lack of trust on her part. She wants Ron to be understanding, but how can he be when every few years another horrible detail comes out that she tried to hide from him? Actions have consequences, and maybe it's unfair that she still has to deal with this 20 years later, but she deserves a lot of the responsibility for people's reactions.

Another thing that bothers me is the trio threesome you describe. I understand that Hermione wouldn't remember because she took her memories out, but why wouldn't Ron or Harry? And why did you pass the event as a manipulation of Rita Skeeter's until very late in the series? It just seems like you changed your mind late in the game to gratuitously give readers on more shock, even if it didn't fit in with what you'd previously written.

Finally, you have Hermione as an Unspeakable, people who can't share their work with anyone. There is no way in hell they would be able to party like the way you portrayed. If their bosses want secrets kept, they're not going to hire people who get stoned and drunk with the frequency you describe. There's also no way Hermione's bosses would accept her high-profile lifestyle if her job was so dependent on secrecy. I've worked in the security field; I know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm off my soapbox, lol. I enjoy how well-written and emotional this series is, but reading another story that again exposes Hermione for making the same mistakes, and not telling the whole truth about her bad decisions, is something that has made me lose a lot of respect for her. She should have just have been an adult and owned up to her past at the very beginning. But instead she compounded her mistakes for 20 years by telling half-truths, which is why this has dogged her for so long. Looking at her track record, it seems like her lack of honesty has only stopped because this is the last story in the series.
idol269 chapter 35 . 12/14/2010
This story strains credulity more than ony other I've ever read. This Hermione has nothing in common with the actual character save the name. Next time you write a Harry Potter story, would it be too much for you to actually write them using the actual characters? Seriously, it's like all you did for writing this story was figure out how you could have Hermione have a 3-way and then find a way to bring it up every chapter.

So why have I been reading? I wanted to see if your formula would change, if this story would ever have any legs besides Hermione's doing sex and drugs. It didn't. It trended down again. You had Hermione have a 3-way with Harry! What will she do next, have a heroin relapse and have an orgy with the all the Weasley brothers? That's the only other ridiculous plot device you haven't used.
Jafa4444 chapter 48 . 1/6/2010
This story has been a joy to read, along with your other works. I have been intrigued and lured into sitting for long hours at my computer into the wee hours of the morning to read each and every chapter. I am sad to come to the end of it, and look forward to reading more of your work. I wish to say "Well Done!", and thanks for a great series of stories.
sandstar08 chapter 48 . 6/9/2008
Yes! I've read this entire story in the space of three hours simply because I couldn't be bothered to eat dinner while I still had chapters left... You have a brilliant talent for storytelling and weaving both intricate detail and plot along with simpler motifs. I bow to your amazingness.

Thank you for sharing your story with me.
fairyp80 chapter 48 . 1/13/2008
This is such a wonderfully angsty story and I am so glad that it has a happy ending!
dani chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
u should rite another story after ths one about Art.
lvswtht chapter 48 . 12/4/2007
I usually really hate Ron/Hermione pairing but I couldn't help but love your stories about them. Great job on making me a believer(if only for a little bit.)
DeliMan12 chapter 48 . 9/27/2007
Man I loved the story! Loved the entire series almost as much as the actual Harry Potter series! Are you done with this series? I hope not, its so good.
FelsGoddess chapter 48 . 9/18/2007
Interesting. What George did at the wedding was so nice.