Reviews for Glass
Luna chapter 14 . 4/7/2013
Probably a bit out of place and rather late for a review, but how would Cecillia recognize her father, Bastien, and home if she was blind previously? Other than the castle she has never dreamed of anything either, so how could she realize who they are when the mirror is not accompanied by sound or something familiar to her?
Hope of the Fairies chapter 31 . 6/4/2011
this story is so wonderful and beautiful!

i love the way you twisted the fairy tale and it is really romantic. Keep on writing, long live Tristan and Cece!
BABEWITHBRAINS chapter 31 . 1/22/2011
I LLOOOVVVEEE IT!
may s chapter 15 . 1/22/2011
you don't give yourself enough credit
cass chapter 10 . 1/21/2011
if Cecilia is blind then how can she ''look around''
babewithbrains chapter 6 . 1/21/2011
there are some grammatical errors but other then that it's a good filler
Desepere Romantique chapter 31 . 6/30/2009
Oh my goodness. This is an AMAZING story.

In the beginning, i was totally rooting for the prince to win Cece/Eirian, but he totally turned into a jerk!

i like how it turned out in the end.

ALSO:

question.

Does everyone stay the same age as when they were cursed, or did they actually age? I was confused when you described the aging of the beast, and now the liveliness of the servants and such.

(also, i think it would be mega creepy if Tristan was forty something and Cece/Eirian was twenty one.)
freak.on.a.leash.13 chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
this is an interesting take an the orginal fairy tale:) I've never read anything like it before, it's really creative. adding it to my favs
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 26 . 3/20/2009
Mazzie I am really enjoying this story.

You are such a good writer. Cecilia is a beautiful natured girl. She has such a combination of strength and vulnerability. I really love her.

I know the traditional ending of the story has her falling in love with the beast, but until the last two chapters I really wanted her and Bastien to marry. He seems much more of a man of integrity, for all his inexperience. The way he befriended her when no-one else would really won me over from the start, and he doesn't seem put off by her class difference despite the fact that such a difference would normally prevent them even becoming friends.

The beast on the otherhand seemed to only care for her from what he could gain. Even the sensations of 'love' he was beginning to feel sounded more like infatuation to me until this last chapter. His willingness to give her up is amazing. The true test of love:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"

I am also very disappointed in Bastien. He is behaving very selfishly after spending all winter being kind and thoughtful of Cece's father... I can only attribute it to fear of rejection, but that still does not excuse him. His love has changed from a genuine caring for her, to a possessive one, while the beast's has gone the opposite way.

I still don't trust the beast too much in the area of womanising, but it may well be that he has now started to learn the error of his previous ways. Still I would like to see a repentance scene before God before I could really trust him to be constant to Cecilia 'until death part them'. I must admit Seraph and I had some very interesting discussions about the whole Beast's psyche thing when he wrote 'Albert'. And while he was here visiting in Dec/Jan. It is a rather naive 'fairy tale' explanation that 'falling in love' is a cure all for all a person's character flaws, and habitual sins. It can also be a rather dangerous expectation for young people in real life who have romantic expectations of love and marriage which set them up for great heart ache and disillusionment later in their marriage.

Just some tiny details. It bugged me when you had her cleaning out the pantry, that the old food still smelt after 20 years! You are obviously from a very clean family, who never find old caiches of food, which have been long forgotten. Food stops smelling after about one or two months, depending on the food. Basically once it has rotten, it stops smelling and turns to dust. Other kinds of food get eaten by flies, ants or rodents, and some even gets dehydrated so much that nothing touches it, including scavengers (apples for example, also milk may have dehydrated as it rotted, leaving a white powdery residue on the container. This would also not smell after 20 years).

There were a couple of other slip-ups: I seem to remember Cecelia telling the beast her real name when she confessed her background, but in this chapter, you have him completely ignorant of that name. One would think he would have also heard her called that by his observations in the mirror...

But on the whole I have been enjoying the story too much to let them bother me.

I need to go now but I will give you another review when I have finished reading.

Thanks for posting this lovely story.
Clar the Pirate chapter 32 . 3/18/2009
I remember one thing that slightly irked me was the Yule bit, just that, I don't know, it seemed kind of twee - like a remake of the Disney BatB spin-off. If there was some reference, such as Cece remembering a particularly happy Yule memory, instead of her just deciding out of nowhere it was her favourite holiday.

Other than that, slow the whole things down and lengthen the chapters - on the condition that anything you add must be digging deeper into the characters. The hardest thing for a BatB to do is convince the reader's that a girl and a beast could fall in love, don't spare any effort making it believable. But you'll have already figured that out.
Thai Libre chapter 32 . 3/16/2009
Well I hope that you post a new story soon! I loved this one. and at the moment I can't think of anything to change. So keep Writing!
City chapter 31 . 12/22/2008
Wow. Fantastic story! I think I've already reviewed, but I wanted to leave you with an extra tidbit... SIRSRDR, a story listing site, has selected Glass as our Story of the Week! If you want to go check it out, here's the link:

The Council thought your story was really great because it doesn't follow the age-old boring plot of a fairy tale rewrite. Your plot was original and refreshing. Congratulations!
Raenad chapter 31 . 10/20/2008
:( I'm sad that it's over too! That was lovely! I love how you described eveything so beautifully. The whole story flowed - which is one reason why I couldn't stop reading once I started. LOL!

I'm also sad that Bastien, even though he did nothing wrong, he was the one who ended up being punished, but then, he did lie to Erian. I guess sometimes things don't turn out happily, even if in a fairy tale. You could still write some happiness for him though. Can we have a one shot for poor Bastien? Pretty please? LOL!

Ok, I understand. SIGH :) He was just destined to be alone, but that will shape him as a king. Silly me! I'm talking as if they're real again! I have issues. My characters keep having conversations in my head. I have to tell them to please wait until I'm actually at the keyboard to have them, but they never listen. *crickets churping*

I'm going to go somewhere else and pretend to be normal now. :)

(and thank you again! I've added it to my favorites)
Raenad chapter 30 . 10/20/2008
*sniff sniff* Poor Bastien. That's heartbreaking. I thought you did a very nice job with the chapter.
Raenad chapter 26 . 10/20/2008
Ha! Can I join the Dr. Moraney fan club? :P He missed his calling. He should have been a detective. What a noble person to go so far to protect one of his patients. What a guy! :)